WOLF.J
GDog_0

1+1 is not always 2

GDog_0

WOLF.J

Pro

1 can be anything from 0.5 to 0.9 as well

so if 1= 0.5
then 1+1 is 1

if 1= 0.6, then 1 is 1.2

if 1=0.7, then 1 is 1.4

if 1=0.8, then 1 is 1.6

if 1= 0.9, then 1 is 1.8

comprande

obviously 1+1 can be 2 as well, but still

try prove me wrong
GDog_0

Con

The equation 1+1=2 would always be true. In the equation 1+1=2, each of the ones would just be one, because 1 is basically a simplified form of 1.0 or 1.00 and so on. If it had decimals beyond that it would show, but since it is just a 1, it is just a one. And the argument that says, "1 can be 0.5 or 0.6" is rounding up. Rounding up is estimation, not exact fact. In this case, 1+1 would always equal two.
WOLF.J

Pro

this is where you are wrong, in accounting and statistical data collection, figures and numbers need to be rounded up or down. You know that fact, "the average family has 2.4 children", tell me how you can have .4 of a child? therefore rounding is necessary.

1.01 - 1.49 must also be classified as one, you are taught that in primary school. 1.49 itself can be presented as either 1.5 or 1, and if it you wish to use 1.49 as 1.5, it will be collected as 2. that was just an example of why u cant take numbers for granted.

in cricket, they say a player needs an average run rate of "8.6 runs per over" to maintain the target, can u get 8.6 runs? uh no, u can get 9. WOLFY OUT
GDog_0

Con

In your case, yes, rounding would be needed, but it is not exact. It is more of an estimation, not solid fact. 1 is just 1, no decimals after it. If there were decimals then the equation would be something like, "1.26+0.74=2," and would not be, "1+1=2," because in the equation you stated it is, "1+1=2," and by all technicalities, all the ones would just be ones. If you are talking about rounding sense "1" is still 0.8. Saying if 1 were 0.8 that is rounding up, and if you DO round up you would still get 2 because if you round up you use the new value. When you were saying that it could equal 1.6, well, that is 0.8+0.8, NOT 1+1. If the numbers were rounded down and you still used the original value, it is not the same equation. You would use the new numbers, and yes, that would still be 2.
Posted by WOLF.J 3 years ago
WOLF.J
just wanted to see how long I could blag it for, hahaha
Posted by WOLF.J 3 years ago
WOLF.J
Posted by GDog_0 3 years ago
GDog_0
you could've confessed earlier, nobody was telling you not to...
Posted by WOLF.J 3 years ago
WOLF.J
now I can confess I was just chattin nonsense out of my a55, loloooooooooooool
Posted by GDog_0 3 years ago
GDog_0
I never truly believed you were a troll. I was trying to make a point that you were being (a little) abrasive towards me coming to your side.
Posted by WOLF.J 3 years ago
WOLF.J
let me make this very clear for u. I am not a troll, I am half a joke debate and half a serious debater. This debate is classified as misc, so it can be construed as either a joke or something to be taken seriously. Its totally up to the perception of others. I DONT INSULT OTHERS FOR FUN, ONLY IF THEY ARE OUT OF LINE. I don't insult u do I?
Posted by GDog_0 3 years ago
GDog_0
fyi i did check his profile, he is very racist.
Posted by GDog_0 3 years ago
GDog_0
Posted by GDog_0 3 years ago
GDog_0
Okay, fair point. He is racist, but he is calling you a troll because you won't stop insulting other members and making points that are incorrect and illogical. I don't agree with his racist remarks, in fact, I am against racism. I never said I agreed with his racism.
Posted by WOLF.J 3 years ago
WOLF.J
stop being ignorant, n sorry but I'm not in a good mood today, so just look at his profile will u.
Vote Placed by avan6 3 years ago
avan6
WOLF.JGDog_0Tied
Reasons for voting decision: 2.4 is not 2, it's 2.4. The sum is rounded, if needed, not the addends. Therefore, 1+1 always equals 2.