Evy_Samuels
Debating_Horse

16 year olds should vote

Debating_Horse

Evy_Samuels

Pro

First of all, 16 year olds can get a better interest at a younger age so that they can study even more politics.

Secondly, They are already more informed than most adults considering the fact that all 16 year olds need to already learn about these things in school.

And finally, They may be ignorant in politics, But no more than adults. Only 36% of adults can name the 3 branches of government. And 38% of adults know that the Republicans run the House and the Democrats run the Senate.
Debating_Horse

Con

I will argue against this.

I. They are not yet adults

Even if they are informed, If they do not live by themselves, Have the ability/privilege of owning firearms, Own their own homes or apartments, Use their bank accounts, Have the ability to serve in the military, pay taxes, Or hold jobs, Then they cannot vote as they are not independent or other reasons I listed, As an eighteen year old can have.

II. Influence

Younger voters can be swayed or influenced on what candidates they should choose when voting, By their friends, Parents, And even teachers. [1] It could be more of an advantage to not yet let them vote, So they may have more time to mature, And to form their own political ideology (Conservative, Liberal, Libertarian, Etc)

As younger voters do not hold the same positions in society, As older people like 18 year olds, And are not likely to be mature and reasonable in voting, It would be best to not let 16 year olds vote in elections.

Sources used

[1] https://www. Headcount. Org/should-16-year-olds-have-the-right-to-vote-pros-and-cons/

Evy_Samuels

Pro

Evy_Samuels forfeited this round.
Debating_Horse

Con

I will give my rebuttals upon the instigator publishing his rebuttals to my previous argument.
Evy_Samuels

Pro

Evy_Samuels forfeited this round.
Debating_Horse

Con

Judges, The instigator has forfeited TWO rounds of the debate. It is advised by me that you vote for me, The contender, As our instigator has not returned to provide any rebuttals to my first argument. Thank you.
Posted by Debating_Horse 3 years ago
Debating_Horse
Thank you dsjpk5!
Posted by Debating_Horse 3 years ago
Debating_Horse
Please vote within the timeframe of nine days. Thank you.
Posted by Debating_Horse 3 years ago
Debating_Horse
I expect forfeiture because the instigator has not returned to post for the second round. Could have been a good debate, But only if both parties were active. Oh my must these people do these things?
Posted by Debating_Horse 3 years ago
Debating_Horse
Thank you Airmax1227, You truly make this website a great place to be! Other than that, I hope our instigator can return for the final round, So that this debate may finish.
Posted by Zombieguy835 3 years ago
Zombieguy835
16 year olds are too young to vote, And if we allowed them to vote, That would end horribly
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
Evy_SamuelsDebating_HorseTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited over half the rounds, so conduct to Con.