master-de-baiter
clarissa76

3rd wave fem ism in America

master-de-baiter

Con

can some one please explain to me why we need feminism.
DONT ACCEPT IF YOU DONT HAVE AN ARgUMENT
clarissa76

Pro

First of all, it's feminism not fem ism. Second of all, feminism is for everyone. Many people don't believe so because in the name there is no references to males. But there is a good reason why. Feminism was created in the late 19th century. As you can imagine, women had little to no rights then. So it was obviously named something regarding female empowerment instead of male empowerment. The name has not changed due to the fact that the word holds significant value and historical references. So if one of your arguments was going to be about the name, find another one. Feminism is needed for men because it is about equality for ALL genders, not just females. We also need feminism in the modern day is because women are still oppressed. While it is true we aren't as oppressed as the 19th century we still don't have rights. Such as the rights to having the power to choose what to do with our own bodies. When a man and a women conceive a baby, the man has a choice whether to be present at all (you may be thinking at this point that there are options such as adoption if the women doesn't want a kid but wait) but the mother still has to go through a lot. A lot such as frequent doctors visits (which cost a lot of money), taking special pills and vitamins, morning sickness, and, of course, childbirth. Some states in America have restrictions against abortion. Also, many girls in the USA are being given away as child brides against their wills. Of course, in third world countries women have even less rights. Many girls are denied educations on no other matter other than their gender. But to say something that suggests that feminism is not needed in America (which is false) is horribly rude because it also suggests that we don't need to support women's rights in other countries. So feminism is needed in America, not just for us, but for other women (and men) around the world.
master-de-baiter

Con

my reasoning has nothing to do with the name. but on to how women are being oppressed
- 'rights to having the power to choose what to do with our own bodies"
I assume you mean abortion. this is not an oppressive or feminine issue, its a MORAL issue. no ones saying "women can't have abortion because there women" and although the man is not force to be there he still has to to help pay for the kid by law. but the reason they can walk away is because believe or not some women will try to force guys into having a baby by secretly stop taking birth control
"many girls in the USA are being given away as child brides against their wills"
as far as I could find out child marriage is illegal so I don't really see your point here is
"suggests that feminism is not needed in America (which is false) is horribly rude because it also suggests that we don't need to support women's rights in other countries."
this is just an ox moron how does saying we don't need feminism in arguable the most free country in the world translate to not needing it at all.

and just because the moment definition is one thing doesn't mean its still that thing
clarissa76

Pro

Oh my. I think your grammar and spelling is quite laughable. Honestly, your response was annoying and hard to read. Debate.org provides with spell check you know. Yes, you are right that some women stop taking birth control to have a baby but your failed logic is that those women don't want an abortion, they want a baby. The men are free to leave but don't have to take care of the heavy lifting, just some tax. Child marriage is illegal, without parental consent. With parent's permission child as young as 13 can get legally married. Mostly girls are being given away as child brides against their own will, but not their parents who usually get money out of it. I will also explain feminism again in a more simple way: fighting for equality and basic rights for all genders. We need it in the United States but we also need to fight for others who can't in other countries.
master-de-baiter

Con

Sorry for my grammar, I assumed debate.org's spell check knew what I was trying to say so I didn't re-read it, my bad.

"birth control to have a baby but your failed logic is that those women don't want an abortion"
yes that's the point what if the father didn't want to have the stress of a baby. you act as if the dad is the bad guy here.
if a girl tricks a guy into getting her pregnant he should have the right to leave. but to stop guys from leaving from consenting baby's they put a tax's on them to help pay the bills. if your assuming the man should be force to stay, I would have to disagree, as that is against his free will.

"in a more simple way fighting for equality and basic rights for all genders"
so by your logic it is impossible to be sexist if you consider your self a feminist. even if you hate men and wanna kill them, its not sexist because you think your a feminist.
what I'm trying to say is that you can't jug a movement by its definition, but on them people in it.
clarissa76

Pro

I agree with you that if a girl tricks a man into having a baby without his knowledge he should leave, but many times that isn't the case. And the "feminists" you mentioned are what we call feminazis. Basically actual feminists believe in gender equality.
Posted by master-de-baiter 3 years ago
master-de-baiter
don't go using the true Scott's men theory after I cant respond I'm not gonna explain why its bad just look it up
but basically you can't decide who is or is not part of that group
Posted by master-de-baiter 3 years ago
master-de-baiter
why did spell check think i was trying to say fem ism i orginally typed femsm and it fixed to that