The Instigator
backwardseden
Pro (for)
Tied
0 Points
The Contender
YeshuaBought
Con (against)
Tied
0 Points

5 Bible lessons they don't teach you in Sunday School

Do you like this debate?NoYes+0
Add this debate to Google Add this debate to Delicious Add this debate to FaceBook Add this debate to Digg  
Post Voting Period
The voting period for this debate has ended.
after 0 votes the winner is...
It's a Tie!
Voting Style: Open Point System: 7 Point
Started: 5/5/2018 Category: Religion
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Post Voting Period
Viewed: 464 times Debate No: 113527
Debate Rounds (4)
Comments (7)
Votes (0)

 

backwardseden

Pro

Taken from "Atheist Republic"
In the books of Matthew and Mark in the Bible, there is a rather strange story about Jesus having a bit of a conflict with....a fig tree. Figs are yummy and all, but this is pretty extreme. This fig tree didn't have any fruit on it - because it wasn't actually fig season yet - and Jesus was hungry. So what's a hungry god-man to do? Curse the tree so it will never bear fruit again of course! Damn tree.

  • Matthew 21:18-20 Early in the morning, as Jesus was on his way back to the city, he was hungry. Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, "May you never bear fruit again!" Immediately the tree withered. When the disciples saw this, they were amazed.
  • Mark 11:12-14 The next day as they were leaving Bethany, Jesus was hungry. Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs. Then he said to the tree, "May no one ever eat fruit from you again." And his disciples heard him say it.

Jesus was apparently a pretty cryptic guy - or the people writing down his words were - either way, there are quite a few stories like this in the Bible (and that's excluding the book of Revelation which is its own brand of crazy). But God was downright sadistic. Let's take a look at some lessons found in the Bible that most people probably didn't learn in Sunday School.

1. God has a thing with sex and genitals

> Maybe it's because he doesn't get to have it, but according to the Bible, God uses sex (and genitals) to control or punish people more than once. Using rape, incest and circumcision to teach lessons would not be allowed with humans, but apparently it's totally cool for God to do it.

God established the practice of male circumcision as proof of the people's willingness to obey him pretty early on.

  • Genesis 17:10-12 This is my agreement with you and all your descendants, which you must obey: Every male among you must be circumcised. Cut away your foreskin to show that you are prepared to follow the agreement between me and you. From now on when a baby boy is eight days old, you will circumcise him. This includes any boy born among your people or any who is your slave, who is not one of your descendants.

> David, the future king and the man chosen by God to defeat the Philistines (of David and Goliath fame), went out with his men and killed 200 Philistines and "collected" their foreskins, then used them as the payment for marrying King Saul's daughter, Michal. Now that's what I call an engagement present.

  • 1 Samuel 18:24-26 When Saul's servants told him what David had said, Saul said, "Tell David, 'The king doesn't want money for the bride. All he wants is a hundred Philistine foreskins to get even with his enemies.'" Saul planned to let the Philistines kill David. When Saul's servants told this to David, he was pleased to become the king's son-in-law. So he and his men went out and killed two hundred Philistines. David brought all their foreskins to Saul so he could be the king's son-in-law. Then Saul gave him his daughter Michal for his wife.

> God commanded rape in so many places in the Bible it's hard to pick just one, but a passage in 2 Samuel is pretty bad and is a great example of God using rape and child murder as a punishment.

  • 2 Samuel 12:11-14 "This is what the Lord says: 'I am bringing trouble to you from your own family. While you watch, I will take your wives from you and give them to someone who is very close to you. He will have sexual relations with your wives, and everyone will know it. You had sexual relations with Bathsheba in secret, but I will do this so all the people of Israel can see it.'" Then David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the Lord." Nathan answered, "The Lord has taken away your sin. You will not die. But what you did caused the Lord's enemies to lose all respect for him. For this reason the son who was born to you will die."

> God even commanded a raped woman to marry her attacker.

  • Deuteronomy 22:28-29 If a man meets a virgin who is not engaged to be married and forces her to have sexual relations with him and people find out about it, the man must pay the girl's father about one and one-fourth pounds of silver. He must also marry the girl, because he has dishonored her, and he may never divorce her for as long as he lives.

2. ...and on that note, it's pretty clear that God really hates women... A LOT

> Aside from all the raping, even a quick reading of the Bible reveals that God hates women. This can be easily explained using cultural context and by looking at who actually wrote the Bible and when - but it seems if God is perfect, he would teach people not to be sexist a-holes. But in both the New and Old Testaments, the Bible teaches us otherwise. In 1 Corinthians 14 and 1 Timothy 2, women are told not to talk and Titus is practically a how-to manual on being a good, quiet and submissive Christian woman. In fact, most of the epistles are totally sexist.

  • 1 Corinthians 14:34-36 women should keep quiet in the church meetings. They are not allowed to speak, but they must yield to this rule as the law says. If they want to learn something, they should ask their own husbands at home. It is shameful for a woman to speak in the church meeting. Did God's teaching come from you? Or are you the only ones to whom it has come?
  • 1 Timothy 2:9-12 Also, women should wear proper clothes that show respect and self-control, not using braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes. Instead, they should do good deeds, which is right for women who say they worship God. Let a woman learn by listening quietly and being ready to cooperate in everything. But I do not allow a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to listen quietly,

3. He also doesn't seem too fond of the unborn, infants and children

> Not only does the Bible tell of infanticide, abortion and child murder, it actually tells us God, or his representatives at his behest, commanded it. Not cool God, not cool at all.

The prophet Hosea spoke of pregnant women being ripped open and children being torn to pieces because the nation of Israel had "fought against God."

  • Hosea 13:16 The nation of Israel will be ruined, because it fought against God. The people of Israel will die in war; their children will be torn to pieces, and their pregnant women will be ripped open."

> And Jeremiah told of a time when God would destroy the city and make people so hungry that they would eat their kids.

  • Jeremiah 19:9 An enemy army will surround the city and will not let anyone go out to get food. I will make the people so hungry that they will eat the bodies of their own sons and daughters, and then they will begin to eat each other.'

As an interesting side note, the historian Flavius Josephus told of Jews starving in Jerusalem during the Roman siege of 70 CE who actually did eat their own children.

...and perhaps one of the most disturbing is Psalm (a song of celebration) 137 in which the psalmist is proclaiming retribution by smashing babies against rocks. Very uplifting.

  • Psalm 137:8-9 People of Babylon, you will be destroyed. The people who pay you back for what you did to us will be happy. They will grab your babies and throw them against the rocks.

4. When God likes you, you can get away with ANYTHING

> King David, Cain, all the prophets, all the apostles, Noah, Adam, King Saul...they all committed atrocious acts of violence, greed, sexism, racism, etc. You name it, at least one of them did it, often multiple times. And yet the Bible tells us God blessed them with money and/or power and the apostles were the ones who essentially established the Christian religion...hmmm...

5. When God doesn't like you, you're probably dead, and your death will probably be creative

> Lot's wife turned into a salty version of her former self just because she looked back on her hometown from which she was fleeing because...well...because God was pissed off and was destroying it with burning sulfur.

  • Genesis 19:26 At that point Lot's wife looked back. When she did, she became a pillar of salt.

> People got swallowed up by giant cracks in the earth.

  • Numbers 16:32 The earth opened and swallowed them and all their families. All Korah's men and everything they owned went down.

> 42 Kids got mauled by two mother bears because they mocked the baldness of one of the prophets (no joke).

  • 2 Kings 2:23-24 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. On the way some boys came out of the city and made fun of him. They said to him, "Go up too, you baldhead! Go up too, you baldhead!" Elisha turned around, looked at them, and put a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two mother bears came out of the woods and tore forty-two of the boys to pieces.

...and a bonus: Mark 14 tells of a disciple at the time of Jesus' arrest who was only wearing a towel which was grabbed off him and he ran away naked. Yep. Naked. Who was he? No one knows...in the Bible is a naked mystery man.

  • Mark 14:51-52 A young man, wearing only a linen cloth, was following Jesus, and the people also grabbed him. But the cloth he was wearing came off, and he ran away naked.

Where do Christians get the image of a loving, just God who wants to bless and heal people and give them peace on earth and good will toward men? It definitely isn't from a simple reading of the Bible. Even though the Bible continues to be a very highly sold book, it's probably safe to say that most people, even Christians, haven't read everything that's in it. This alone makes it easy for Christian leaders now and throughout history, to tell people pretty much anything about God and get them to believe it. And of course a benevolent god is a being more appealing on which to establish a religion.

The Bible contains many inconvenient stories, passages and lessons. This inconvenience is even a reason apologists will give for its validity.

The argument goes something like this, "If people wanted to invent a god and a holy book, wouldn't it make sense to make it beautiful and perfect? Its imperfection and difficult passages are evidence that it's real." Apologetics aside, today in the developed world, most of the more disturbing or unbelievable scriptures in the Bible are explained away as "metaphor" or "culturally unique". But the truth is that there are some really messed up lessons in the Bible that aren't limited to a handful of goofy verses and the most sadistic behavior is modeled by God himself.

What are your favorite Bible verses or your craziest, most horrific, or ridiculous SundaySchool stories? We want to hear them! Reply to this email to tell us. We might share it on the website. Please let us know if you wish to remain anonymous.


Rules:
Prove that there are redeeming qualities within this so-called god of the bible such as love care and kindness.

Conclusion
I hope that you find this love, care and kindness in this god, somehow, and for whatever reason(s), because then that would be HUGE SUPER MAJOR HYPOCRITICAL CONTRADICTIONS and INCONSISTENCIES in this unproved god, the bible, thus proving the god of the bible, the bible itself to be CONFUSION at best and truly UNREADABLE and should thus be shelved.



dsjpk5 will not be allowed to vote in the voting process.

YeshuaBought

Con

It is really annoying to hear about a fig tree when Yeshua/Jesus was tortured to death on the cross, but whatever. What other arguments do you have? As to the other scriptures, it is best to use: https://www.blueletterbible.org... and get a sense of the original Hebrew and Greek. Also, using many translations that are literal or somewhere in the middle helps. Read the whole Bible, and follow the judge not according to appearence, but judge with righteous judgement (John 7:24). Let Holy Spirit show you what Scripture means. Why go after trivial things in an attempt to attack the Bible in a way that undermines it? That is ALMOST and ad homenim/strawman.
Debate Round No. 1
backwardseden

Pro

Exodus 34:14 "For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:"

Children watching violence on tv, bad. Children in church seeing a lifelike grotesque statue of a crucified man, good. Makes sense? - David Blickstein

The fact that YOUR christ was not in any way the messiah, and there"s no proof that he ever existed, and even if he did, there"s no reason why you or anyone should ever believe in him as he was imperfect as the fig tree lesson clearly points out, and the absolute fact that he tells you to abandon your family which is 100% total insanity unless abused in which I know you were though I don"t know if it was a family member or not? Give up all your possessions in which you have not done, nor will you ever do which is downright stupid, and also to love your enemies is a horrid suggestion, and the fact that this christ of yours disobeyed your god"s laws such as working on the sabbath in which required the death penalty, in which your christ never received and he did not have the power to overturn your god"s laws, are most certainly NOT trivial.

Yeah. You have NOT read YOUR bibe. You only think you have.

Great family values statements "abandon your families, give away all your possessions, follow me:
Matthew 10: 35-37 "For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. 37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me."

Luke 12 51-53 "Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: 52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. 53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law."

Matthew 19: 28-29 "28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life."
--------------
Luke 14:33 "So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple."

Luke 18:22 "Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me."
"
Matthew 19: 28-29 "28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life."

Matthew 19:21 "21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me."

Matthew 13: 22 "22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of rich

Here"s a video to help you out. http://www.youtube.com... - Why Does Every Intelligent christian disobey jesus?

And now onto your god. There"s just so much hate in him. Here"s a whole tons of verses in which you have no counter for them. There"s no peace, love, harmony, kindness, care. Only hate and evil especially against children.

* god hates gays in his bible and wants them stoned to death LV 20:13 proving god hates,is evil and thus cannot be involved with love.
* god hates anyone that blasphemes and wants to put you to death LV 24:16 which is true 100% hate and evil and nothing but and shows that god is nothing but hate and evil.
* god hates anyone that does not believe in him in his bible 2 CHR 15: 12-13, ESPECIALLY if someone worships another god/ idols other than himself, thus wants to kill them DT 13: 9-10 and 17: 2-5 proving god hates, is evil and thus cannot be involved with love.
* god endorses slavery in his bible EX 21 the entire chapter especially 20-21 which is truly sick and disgusting, LV 25:39, LV 25:42, LV 25: 44-46, DT 15: 12-15, DT 23: 14-16, MT 18:25, proving god hates, is evil and thus cannot be involved with love.
* god gets jealous in his bible EX 20: 3-5, EX 34:14, DT 4: 23-24, DT 32: 16-17, DT 5:9, DT 6:15, JH 24:19, PS 79:5, PS 78:58, 2 COR 1:2, proving that he is evil, hates and thus cannot be involved with love.
* god wants you to die in his bible if you break the sabbath EX 31:14, NU 15: 32-36 proving god hates and is evil and thus cannot be involved with love.
* god wants to put you to death in his bible if you commit adultery LV 20:10 proving god hates, is evil and thus cannot be involved with love.
* god has freely admitted in his bible numerous times that he IS evil IS 45:7, 2 SAM 12: 11-14 sick and disgusting, EX 32:14, 1 KS 1 22: 22-23, 2 CR 18:22, JM 19:3, JM 19:15, JM 23:12, AM 3:6, DT 30:15, 2 KS 22:16, JU 9:23, PV 15:3 thus proving that he IS evil which is irrefutable and also proves he hates and thus cannot be involved with love.
* god in his bible knowingly and truly hates children through numerous passages such as LM4: 9-11, MT 10:37, MT 2:16, JG 21:10, 2 SAM 12:11-14 which is truly sick and disgusting, DT 2:34, NU 31: 17-18, LV 26: 21-22, 1 SAM 15:3, HS 13:16, 2 KS 15:16, EZ 9: 5-7, HS 9: 11-16, EX 12: 29-30, IS 13: 15-18, MT 2:16, (EX 21:17, LV 20:9, MK 7:10, MT 15:4, MT 10:21), JG 11: 30-33, PS 137: 8-9, 2 KS 6: 28-29, DT 21: 18-21, DT 32:25, DT 2: 32-34, DT 3: 3-6, JG 19: 24-29, EX 12:29, 2 HS 2: 23-24, LV 26:29, JM 11: 22-23, JM 19: 7-9, JM 51: 22-26, 2 KS 8: 9-15,LM 2: 20-22, RV 2: 18-23 only to name a few proves god hates and is 100% pure evil and 100% proves he cannot be involved with love.
http://www.youtube.com... - God hates children
http://www.youtube.com... - Atheist debates get em while they"re young
* god hates women in his bible LM 4 9-11 sick and disgusting, HS 13:16 sick and disgusting, JD 21:10, 2 SAM 12 11-14 sick and disgusting, DT 2:34, NU 31 17:18, LV 26 21:22, 1 SAM 15:3, HS 13:16 sick and disgusting, DT 2 32-34, 2 KS 8: 9-15, 2 KS 15:16 sick and disgusting, EZ 9: 5-7, HS 9: 11-16, 2 KS 6: 28-29 sick and disgusting, JD 19: 24-29, LM 2 20-22 sick and disgusting, 1 COR 14:34,1 TY 2:12 proves god hates, is evil and thus cannot be involved with love.
* god loves rape in his bible NU 31: 17-18, 2 SAM 12: 11-18 sick and disgusting, JD 19:24-29, JD 21: 10-24, DT 20: 10-14, DT 22: 28-29, DT 21: 10-14, JD 5:30, EX 21 7-11, ZE 14: 1-2 proving that he is evil, pure evil and nothing but, is filled with hate and thus cannot be involved with love.
* god commits abortions who knows how many times within several verses in his bible, so that means that christians do not follow their god which is extremely hypocritical and contradictory from his bible HS 13:16 sick and disgusting, 2 KS 8: 9-15 sick and disgusting, 2 HS 15:16 sick and disgusting, HS 9: 11-16, and perhaps the biggest acts of abortions were committed in the great flood according to this so-called god of the bible in the great flood (which never happened btw) so who knows how many pregnant mothers died there in his bible thus proving this god to be nothing but pure evil, hate and thus cannot be involved with love.
* god loves yummy cannibalism in his bible LM 2: 20-22, JM 11: 22-23, LV 26:29, 2 KS 6:28-29, LM 4: 9-11, proving this god to be truly sick and completely whacked out thus is evil, hates,and thus cannot be involved with love..
* Indeed god is far far far worse than Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot, Stalin, Hong Xiuquan, all serial killers, all rapists, all tortures, all pedophiles, all sadomasochists etc etc etc combined. After all god knowingly created them which means that he is ultimately responsible for them. Its either that or god is not a god and lets them off the hook with nothing but a tap on the shoulder for their horrific, disgusting, repugnant crimes and simply god---does---not---care. Now here's some examples of god"s sickened, diseased, abominable atrocities for absolutely no reason at all... the great flood according to the bible (which never happened btw) so who knows what the body count was there? 3,000 EX 32:27-28, 14,700 NU 16:49, 24,002 NU 25: 1-11, 12,000 JOS 8: 1-25, 10,000 JG 1:4, 120,000 JG 8:7-10, 42,000 JG 12:3-6, 1,000 JD 15:14-15, 3,000 JD 16:27-30, 25,101 JD 16:27-30, 1 SAM 4 34,002, 1 SAM 6:19 50,070, 2 SAM 8 65,850, 1 KI 20: 28-29 100,000, 1 KI 20: 30 27,000, KI 19 35 -37 185,000, 2 CHR 13 17-18 500,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 2 CHR 28:6 120,000, Esther 9:5-18 75,813 etc etc etc Yeah god is really so moral huh? Nope.

So don't tell me or anyone who know better, a lot better, that things are trivial when things under your god, in which you nor anyone can even prove exists, that there is peace of any kind, love, care, kindness, harmony etc. Because if there was, would HAVE BEEN KEPT from the beginning rather than all this evil, anger, wrath, vengeance, rage fury, jealousy in which YOUR god has freely admitted to in which are baggage emotions. Then this god of yours neatly passed down those emotions so in turn man could hate with at least 1 billion dead all in the supposed "good" name of your god on the battlefields alone. Great going god. Great going you for believing in him.
YeshuaBought

Con

Au contraire, mon cher, let's unpack your statements. Isaih 53: Yeshua is the Hebrew world that is translated salvation, and is in the Tanakh, or Old Testament. He is called Jesus in the new. Proof:
Christ and Messiah both means annointed one, and are used interchangeably in the Christian and Messianic Jewish communities. Jesus is the Messiah, more proof: https://www.gotquestions.org...
As to the violence issue, I am much less violent now that I am a Biblical Christ.ian, and it is Yeshua's Holy Spirit that makes me better. The Bible mentions, but does not endore loads of violence like the skeptical community tends to claim. Have you heard of the saying of not letting history repeat itsself? THAT is why violence is in the Bible, and if you knew of the torture, rape, slavery, and murder that was practiced in pagan cultures, you would have a better understanding of why God does somne of the things He does. Yeshua said he who lives by the sword dies by the sword, and that is His command to not live violently save for defense of self, others, or country. Furthermore, Yeshua thought of you when He was on the cross in my opinion, so why are you angry? My caps are only for clarity.
Debate Round No. 2
backwardseden

Pro

Tell you what. Have you actually read Isaiah 53? Clearly not. There’s no mentioning whatsoever of this “christ” and or jesus and or yeshua in it. Please do try harder with your assumptions. And even so, so what? YOUR christ tells you to abandon your family. I guess you think that’s OK in which only a totally insane person would do. He also orders you to give up all of your possessions in which only and insane person would do. He also orders you to love your enemies in which only a completely insane person would do. So I get it. I really do. You have given up ALL of your family - right? You have given up ALL of your possessions - right? Um no wrong and you never will. You must certainly love those who have raped you - right? And you would happily greet them with all the love and bunches of cuddles and hugs in the world that you have to offer - right? Ab-so-lu-te-ly 100% wrong and you know it. You would also drink poison from that of a snake because you think that you are invulnerable to it because its in YOUR bible and your christ says that you will survive. Yeah you are insane as he was and yet you cannot even prove his existence.

Here’s something for you… https://www.huffingtonpost.com... - godless jews

“As to the violence issue, I am much less violent now that I am a Biblical Christ.ian” Well you are NOT IN ANY WAY a biblical christian for the reasons above. No one. Its an impossibility is a christian. No you and YOUR spirit makes you better. You are far far far too good for this s--t.

Now get this and there’s no other way of looking at it, none… Supposing that your god exists, in which there’s no proof that he does… he knows everything, obviously. He knowingly created you and he knowingly knew trillions of years in advance what you would be going through, your rapes, torture, suffering, everything. To knowingly create you to suffer, go through the pain that you have gone through and still go through is as evil and is as hateful as it gets. You cannot get more evil and hateful if you wanted to. Now if god does not know that you have gone through this, then its simple… he’s not a genuine god. Period.
And it gets even better… because if this god of yours was even the slightest bit genuine, in which he clearly is not, he would have started off with peace, harmony, love, care, kindness etc etc etc AND KEPT IT. Nah. He loves evil, anger, wrath, rage, vengeance, fury jealousy etc etc etc all in which this GOD of YOURS has freely admitted to. Truly sick and becoming of a supreme deity - right? Um no wrong. And then this so-called supreme deity neatly passed down those emotions down to man so in turn man could learn to hate. Great going god. Great going you for believing in him with at least 1 billion dead on the battlefields alone all in the supposed “good” name of your god. And that “jealousy” thing? WRONG. Jealousy is nothing but anger as disguised fear.

“The Bible mentions, but does not endore loads of violence like the skeptical community tends to claim.” Oh yes it most certainly does. You were totally 100% proven wrong on that in RD2 with vicious hate and pure evil of YOUR god’s spit, slime and crap that you clearly did not look over which is not my problem in videos and countless verses. That’s yours entirely as its so typical of the typical so-called christian to 100% completely avoid any kind of evidence to prove that this god of yours is completely inept, appalling, disgusting, and repulsive. It is also rather apparent that you do not want a world of peace because there’s never been peace under your god’s helm. Not even close.

“Have you heard of the saying of not letting history repeat itsself? THAT is why violence is in the Bible,” That’s a truly pathetic and miserable excuse especially if this god of yours is omnipotent. He can bring in peace, love, harmony, care, kindness ANYTIME, ANYHOW, ANYWHERE---HE---WANTS. Nah. He obviously loves rape, torture, hate, pain, suffering especially among children otherwise he would not create it. And if he does not create it, as clearly shown in the verses in RD 2, then he is not a god who is not in control of everything, does not know everything, is not in charge of everything, is not all knowing nor all powerful, is not omnipotent, and most certainly is not perfect. So that cannot happen.

“and if you knew of the torture, rape, slavery, and murder that was practiced in pagan cultures, you would have a better understanding of why God does somne of the things He does.” Oh believe me, I do. And your god most definitely is far far far worse. Regardless,
“When you start making excuses for atrocities you have removed yourself from ANY valid discussion on morals. When you say ‘yes the bible says you can own slaves but’ well now you’re contradicting yourself because before I was asking if you thought the bible was accurately representing the mind of god, the will of god. You’ve got this conflicted mess of contradictions and you’ve found a way to rationalize them. You’ve gone and looked at them and said ‘boy that one really sounds bad, BUT that’s what Israel was doing that’s not what god was doing. So let me ask you this… do you believe that there’s an all knowing all powerful fun loving god who has an important message for humanity and he is so completely inept that his best attempts at communicating to people managed to convey the exact opposite message of what you think he meant? Now like are you the one who got it right? And all the people who authored the holy book and got you started that they managed to get it wrong? Is your god such a bumbling buffoon that he cannot state ‘thou shalt not own somebody as another human being?’ or ‘please don’t rape the people and pillage the villages around you’” and he managed to communicate so poorly that it got written down as “Thou shalt be able to own other people as property and oh by the way go over there and kill everybody kill everything except for the young virgins.” Its asinine. You cannot reconcile this.” Matt Dillahunty

“Yeshua thought of you when He was on the cross in my opinion,” Well see now that’s total 100% pure evil. No one should suffer for me. And also when you tell me that, what you essentially do is you declare war on me. And you do it to everybody else that believes differently from you. That’s because christ’s and your god’s beliefs in a book in which is not evidence of any kind as no god of intelligence would ---ever--- use text as a form of communication, the worst form of communication possible, the bible, christ and god are all about their self righteous superior ego god complexes in it and nothing else.

I’m angry because YOU are better than this. YOU are intelligent. YOU do not deserve this. Children in YOUR bible DO NOT deserve to be raped, beaten and tortured. And if god is god, once again there’s no proof for his existence (thankfully), he knowingly creates millions of children per year to horrifically suffer in anguish and pain.

YeshuaBought

Con

Whom the Son sets free, is free indeed.-Jesus
Debate Round No. 3
backwardseden

Pro

Yeah that's the very best you can do as you've run out of excuses. You must be so lonely. I CAN feel for you because I know what its like even though I have truly great friends that would absolutely die for me whereas I seriously doubt if you do as so so so many here on debate.org have none. But here's the thing that I know you know... even if someone were to agree with EXACTLY what you were to say and think, you would still manage to find fault with that person.
YeshuaBought

Con

Why are you so angry? Your hate hurts you, not me. I truly don't care what you say as long as you mean it and believe it. Yeshua has saved my life. He is salvation, and saved my life. I was going to kill myself until I was saved. Yeshua is the name that saves, and we are all one heartbeat away from death, ar you ready?
Debate Round No. 4
7 comments have been posted on this debate. Showing 1 through 7 records.
Posted by SHARINGISCARINGg 3 years ago
SHARINGISCARINGg
But if you would like me to spend forever and a lot of comments disproving everything you said, please tell me, because I would be MORE than happy to. :)
Posted by SHARINGISCARINGg 3 years ago
SHARINGISCARINGg
I just read over @backwardseden's incredibly long debate and realized that literally everything in there is such a lame excuse that if he would actually debate me, which he won't because he knows he won't be able to say anything that I can't disprove, I would actually have the time and the thousands of characters available to shoot down these pathetic arguments.
Posted by SHARINGISCARINGg 3 years ago
SHARINGISCARINGg
Yet again, you failed to see that the reason God put all this bad stuff in there about all the terrible things that would happen if you did any of this stuff is not so that we will actually do the terrible things, but so that we can understand that what we are doing is wrong. And next, if you don't believe that the Bible is real, then why do you keep putting Bible verses everywhere? It really just helps us Christians prove you wrong. That might be one of the many reasons you never win a debate.

And what the heck does Jesus damning a tree have to do with Jesus being bad? Jesus was showing his power. On a tree. So what?
Posted by judaism 3 years ago
judaism
@backwardseden,

Again, Torah is not about stoning people, it's just a warning, and it hardly ever happened. It's a warning in the sense of a cigarette package saying don't smoke, it kills.
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 3 years ago
FollowerofChrist1955
backwardseden;
Isaiah 6
9 He said, "Go and tell this people:

""Be ever hearing, but never understanding;
be ever seeing, but never perceiving."
10
Make the heart of this people calloused;
make their ears dull
and close their eyes.[a]
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts,
and turn and be healed."
Posted by Negotiate 3 years ago
Negotiate
What are you arguing? I'm confused by what your position statement/ claim is...
Posted by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
I could easily win this debate if you ever debated someone who wasn't a teenager.
No votes have been placed for this debate.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.