Eugenious
Anonymous

99% of white people are racist

Eugenious

Con

This debate cam about because of my opponent making an argument on a recent debate where he said "99% of all white people are racist. This is a fake stat that is easily proved wrong. But I would like my opponent to make some arguments so that we can into the details. Just remember to be respectful, And good lock to my opponent!
-Eugenious

Pro

Well, I think this debate was projected to myself from a past debate. First things first, I view things in a logical way, Which comes from what I see on a daily basis. I also examine the actions of people and how they conduct themselves from a multitude of issues. Am I speaking for everyone else? Nope, Because I don't have everyone else's life experience. With that being said, I'm 100 percent sure that I didn't make the comment that you're presenting so that's strike one on your behalf. I'm pretty sure that I said "99. 9 percent of all white people come from racist families. "

Yes, There's a big difference among the two. Of course, I can't speak on the false statement that you tried to defame me with. On the other hand, "your" 99% statement may not be completely wrong, Especially if we judge people by their actions.
Eugenious

Con

First off, Whether or not you said that 99% of white people are racist, You still accepted my challenge, So your job in this debate is to prove that 99% of all white people are racist. If you cannot do that, You have already lost this debate.

Next, Even if this debate was on the idea of 99. 9% of white people coming from racist families, This is still one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever heard. I would like to see you prove this if you cannot prove your side of the resolution.

You said that you just formed this opinion by observing the people around you. Well, You're still making up stats. This is deceptive. If you say that 99. 9% of all white people come from racist families, PROVE IT!

Back to you!

Pro

My opponent is trying to get me to argue over a comment that I didn't make. You lose credibility right off the bat by creating a false narrative. Yes, I accepted the challenge, But only to prove that I didn't make the statement. You're so hell bent on trying to win a debate, It took you darn near three days to come up with some kind of bogus excuse. If this was a court of law, You'd be charged with perjury. Unlike yourself, I'm not looking for brownie points.

I won't speak on your false statement, But I will absolutely speak on my comment because it's true. . . Since you're more than likely a white American, Then you're a descendent of the white people who founded/colonized America. Was the country not founded on racism? Who practiced the racism against Blacks from day one? As the years passed, New generations of people came into existence & systemic racism continued. . . Who maintained the systemic racism? Years & decades continued to pass, And racism is still thriving until this very day.

A percentage is a general estimation and not an absolute, Which is why I never said 100 percent. Any logical-minded white person honestly knows that he/she came from a racist family. . . And I'm speaking in general because every white person (Is Not) racist. That's why Black people fully appreciate these good-hearted individuals. . . Go ahead and try to spin this in a negative way despite the genuine honesty and appreciation.
Eugenious

Con

Look, Man. You accepted this debate, Which means that you are supposed to prove the side of the debate you are on. By accepting this debate, You accepted the pro position. If all you wanted to do was say that you don't think that 99. 9% of all white people are racist, You could have just commented on this debate and said that you didn't mean that. But no, You accepted the debate itself, Which means you must prove your side. If you read the requirements when you accepted, You'd see that it said you were supposed to prove the pro side of this debate. And if you've ever done other debates, You'd know that it is quite fundamental that you must prove your side. So once again, If you do not prove your side, You automatically lose this debate.

Next, What you said about me taking a few days is absurd. Just because I wasn't able to check my account for a few days doesn't mean that I committed perjury. I am actually laughing as I write this. I cannot believe that this is your defense for your side. Quite laughable indeed.

Next, Just because America had slaves at its founding doesn't mean that it was founded ON racism. Literally every single country had slaves at one point or another. Most had slavery at its founding! Using your logic, 99. 9% of every PERSON regardless of race comes from a racist background. This is simply ludicrous. America was not founded on racism.

Next, A percentage is NOT a general estimation! When polls or surveys are taken, The percentage is the exact number of people who voted or acted in a certain way! You used a percentage, So I want you to either PROVE this percentage with hard numbers, Or just admit that this percentage is made up, Fake, And ridiculous.

Please stop avoiding your job in this debate and actually start debating honestly. And stop using Ad Hominem logical fallacies by attacking me and not my arguments. Any normal, Honest reader will see that you are obviously avoiding the arguments, And it's really quite pathetic. Please do your job, And start attempting to prove your side.

Back to you!

Pro

I would like to ask my opponent and Debate. Org a question. Why was my final argument removed and do you really think I'm going to spend time writing another argument when I haven't broken any of the rules? It's clear which way the wind is blowing. I guess my comment of "99. 9 percent of white people come from racist families" is ringing true as we speak, Which proves my point perfectly. I honestly thought this site was ethical and legit. . . Very disappointed. Of course, I probably won't get a logical reply if any reply at all. If I partake in another debate and it happens again, We can just part ways.

Yes, I've already received the email on Feb. 22 stating that the debate has ended.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
DeletedUser
I've answered the questions already so what questions are you speaking of?
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
Eugenious
You're the one who hasn't answered any of our questions! Does anyone else see how idiotic this is? What he just said applies to HIM. If anyone of you are reading this, Please vote against this guy. This is sheer idiocy.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
DeletedUser
It's ok to take an "L" especially when you don't have an argument. Learn from it, Grow and try to be a better person in the end.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
Smug_Tomato
"Yes, Slavery was abolished and like you just below. . . Jim Crow and the Black Codes followed it. "
Please don't tell me that you actually believe we're still living under Jim Crow.

I'm done here. You're in complete denial. I dunno how you majored in anything saying BS like that.

You can have the last word, I lost interest a while ago. Your inane babble stopped being funny a while ago.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
DeletedUser
More nonsense. Yes, I'm sure you majored in this stuff. Lol. Debating is all about ruffling feathers especially when the facts start exposing the scams/people. Calling the kettle black is getting a bit redundant & it's used as a deflection technique.

Yes, Slavery was abolished and like you just below. . . Jim Crow and the Black Codes followed it. You are aware that slavery, Jim Crow & the Black Codes didn't take place at the same time. . . Right? So. . . If 99% of white people didn't come from racist families. . . Why does systemic racism continue from generation to generation? . . . Thanks for proving my point, Yet again.

Since you're my new student, What is this BIG question that you keep referring to?
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
Smug_Tomato
Still didn't answer my question either man. I thought we were getting somewhere too.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
Smug_Tomato
"Struck a nerve didn't I? "
Not at all.

"I don't boast on my accomplishments so why would I or anyone else (initially) come to a public forum and announce my/their private life? "
"I majored in this stuff you eeeeedieeet"

"You proudly stated that I need to do more for my community"
I'm saying that you're hurting the black community by demonizing white people.

"So how would you know what I'm doing or what I'm not doing if you don't even know me on a personal level? "
I don't need to know you on a personal level to understand that your comments are doing more harm than good.

"Sounds a bit judgmental doesn't it? "
Another case of the pot calling the kettle black.

"You're absolutely right, The standards of America's past is different from today's standards, But the practices are the same. "
No they aren't. We abolished slavery and did away with Jim Crow and black codes.

" Yes, Everything that I've said pertains to the topic. "
No, It doesn't.

""how many authentic records of American slavery have you read? " How many years at multiple universities have you adhered to? "
None if this matters when you spew nonsense.

Your education failed you.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Struck a nerve didn't I? I don't boast on my accomplishments so why would I or anyone else (initially) come to a public forum and announce my/their private life? You proudly stated that I need to do more for my community. OK. . . So how would you know what I'm doing or what I'm not doing if you don't even know me on a personal level? Hmmm. . . Sounds a bit judgmental doesn't it? Statements like that is why you keep putting your foot in your mouth.

You're absolutely right, The standards of America's past is different from today's standards, But the practices are the same. Yes, Everything that I've said pertains to the topic. You just don't understand the subject of the topic. It's not my fault that I've put in years of my time to study specific topics. I don't sit around asking people to "prove it" or "show the source. " It's definitely my fault that I've had the opportunity to read authentic slave records. . . Can I ask. . . "how many authentic records of American slavery have you read? " How many years at multiple universities have you adhered to?
Can you show me some form of accreditation on this topic?

My Advice: Step your game up because you're utterly failing in front of a large crowd. I bet you'll think twice before tackling a subject that you don't know anything about because you'll never know who you'll meet in a debate.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
Smug_Tomato
"You may want to get off your high-horse because black people don't have a documented record of genocide against other races. "
They do, However, Have a documented history of selling their own peoples into slavery, Whether it be to white people or Arabs.

"Why do I need to attract white people for help? "
Help pick up impoverished black communities.

"I have multiple degrees in multiple subjects"
Like? No reason to boast about this if you're going to be vague about it.

"The funny thing about this one-sided debate is that you had no clue that I have a Master's in this very subject"
I'm floored as to how you obtained this degree because everything you've said to this point is utterly wrong. Talk about a failed educational system.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
Smug_Tomato
"You said "the status quo" was changed. " My answer is, You must live in a fairytale to believe that. "
Finally we're making progress! Wait what?

"Fact: The South had grown too powerful and wouldn't share the wealth with the North. . . "
Maybe southern aristocrats. Most southerners were poor, Illiterate yeoman that owned one slave if they owned any at all. The North had industrialized at this point.

"Nope, Slavery was not abolished because whites suddenly got an epiphany that slavery was morally wrong. "
I didn't say this but I guess that's something we can agree on.

"You ask, "Why were black people given rights? " Well, Shouldn't everyone have civil rights? "
. . . What? I dunno how to address this one. It's like you don't care that they ever tried to fix the problem. Because black people were oppressed at some point, Nothing white people do matters. And yet you want these people to help you? Why should they when you're still going to talk them down for things they have no control over?

"Who's blaming white people? I'm simply stating facts. "
You sound like (ironically enough) one of my stupidly conservative friends. "I'm just saying facts! "

"Why is it a problem when someone points out all of the dirt that you people have done. You've wiped entire groups of people off the earth because of a different skin complexion. "
It becomes a problem when you start to insinuate that all white people are somehow okay with this. White people condemn these actions.