dbox
Rayday

A Zygote is a Human Being, Abortion is Murder

dbox

dbox

Pro

The debate is predicated on the set definitions of "organism" and "murder".

Organism: an individual constituted to carry on the activities of life by means of parts or organs more or less separate in function but mutually dependent: a living being

Murder: the unjustified killing of a human being by another human being

The opposition is free to contest the definition of "organism" provided they supply a scientific, Not semantic, Justification for the challenge. The opposition is also free to present their view of what constitutes justification throughout the debate.

My position is that human life begins at conception, And to unjustifiably end that life is murder.

https://www. Merriam-webster. Com/dictionary/organism
Rayday

Con

Yes it is murder but it is okay. This organism is not fully developed to make decisions for itself so therefore the responsibility is on the parents and they can make whatever choices for the organism the want to.
dbox

Pro

Con, Thank you for taking the debate.

First, As Con conceded Pros proposition, That abortion is indeed murder, The debate should be over. The fact that Con offered a reason that murder was "okay" only indicates the arguments internal inconsistency by stating in essence, 'Yes it is unjustified, But it is justified (okay).

That being said, I would like to see this debate to its finish, But request that Con take his next round to clarify the definitions and take a clear stance.

Respectfully,
Dbox
Rayday

Con

No I was not stating that. Murder can be both okay and bad, It depends on a variety of variables to give it its definition. In this case if a parent is not ready to raise a baby properly murder is justified. It is better to end a life with no suffering then to suffer at all.
dbox

Pro

Good Day,

By agreeing to this debate, Con is bound to, "the set definitions of 'organism' and 'murder'. . . Murder: the unjustified killing of a human being by another human being". When I said Con was allowed to "present their view of what constitutes justification", This was not to the exclusion of a defense of the view or a change of the word, As concepts that have different meanings are by necessity different words. If this was unclear, I am sorry.

Murder is by definition, "unjustifiable", Which precludes the possibility of it being "okay". I ask that Con make a meaningful distinction for the sake of a clear discussion so that the debate can go on sensibly. If I may suggest killing (justified) versus murder (unjustified).

The debate is about, "my position is that human life begins at conception, And to unjustifiably end that life is murder". If Con uses the same word, "murder" but uses it in a way that means "justified", This is the fallacy of equivocation and invalidates Cons position. If Con cannot argue against my position as I mean it, Then Con is forfeiting this debate.

Respectfully,
dbox
Rayday

Con

Therefore you would like it if abortion was illegal and the parents were not ready to raise a baby? Would you like that the baby we're to suffer the rest of his life? What if if they are Mentally Challenged and they lock the baby in a cage or such? Is that Justafied? No I don't think so. So I ask you Wich one is a better and more Justafied choice? Murder Or Suffer
dbox

Pro

Thank you for the response,

Con has refused to engage this debate on its terms and is avoiding the issue. I would gladly refute the appeals to emotion, Appeals to consequence and non-sequiturs in another debate, But will not engage anything other than a refutation of my position, "that human life begins at conception, And to unjustifiably end that life is murder. "

Respectfully,
dbox
Rayday

Con

Yes it is murder. I accept that and if it that Is want you wanted to hear, You win thank you for the debate. But please can you choose murder or the baby suffer? Pick one I just need to know Wich one is right? Or the more better and Justafied choice
dbox

Pro

Thank you for your response,

My argument is affirmed as true by Con. I close by resting my case.

Respectfully,
dbox
Rayday

Con

Please answer my question in comments. Wich is more of a better choice murder or suffer?
Posted by dbox 3 years ago
dbox
zhaod1

Semantics.

1) Justification: "A sufficient or acceptable excuse or explanation made in court for an act that is otherwise unlawful; the showing of an adequate reason, In court, Why a defendant committed the offense for which he or she is accused that would serve to relieve the defendant of liability. "
2) "When the plea of justification is supported by the evidence, It is a complete bar to the action. Vide Excuse. "
3) Excuse: "The explanation for the performance or nonperformance of a particular act; a reason alleged in court as a basis for exemption or relief from guilt. "
4) ". . . This is an excuse of the first kind, Or a complete justification"

https://legal-dictionary. Thefreedictionary. Com

If you are guilty of murder, That means there was no justification for your action. Note "otherwise unlawful" and "relieve liability" etc. . .
Posted by zhaod1 3 years ago
zhaod1
Actually, Murder is "the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another. " (Google)
It doesn't mean that murder is unjustified, Just illegal.
Posted by dbox 3 years ago
dbox
Prime,

Thank you for your time, But this is not an honest or accurate evaluation of this debate. Fundamentally, Con conceded the proposition as true in round 4, So voting a tie would be misrepresentative of the situation. Also, Murder is unjustified killing by definition as I indicated in my initial post. My position was clear, Cons position included equivocation.
Posted by primeministerJoshua812 3 years ago
primeministerJoshua812
I believe that this debate was more of a semantic discussion than anything else. So there wasn't really anything to go off. I will, However, Say that on the justification of murder as a moral realist I believe it depends on circumstance. For example, It would be good for an armed teen to murder an advancing pedophile as a final resort but bad to kill someone for money. See what I mean. To be honest I would select tie on all of the voting criteria if I could vote.
Posted by dbox 3 years ago
dbox
Brother,

You are so vague and that question is terribly simplistic considering what you are asking. To phrase it in the sense of which is "best" is dishonest as it seems to be intended to demonize me as someone who thinks suffering children is a "good" choice. Due to the fact that we live in a fallen world, There are times when we have to choose suffering over sin. That being said, Murder is always wrong, No matter what.
Posted by Rayday 3 years ago
Rayday
Coose the best choice murder or suffer
Posted by Rayday 3 years ago
Rayday
Coose the best choice murder or suffer
Posted by dbox 3 years ago
dbox
If you could be more specific. What do I do when? . . .
Posted by Rayday 3 years ago
Rayday
So what do you do?
Posted by dbox 3 years ago
dbox
Murder is never justified. And no. It makes me sick to think about people abusing their children, But that does not mean you murder the child.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
dboxRaydayTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con conceded in round four.