WOLF.J
SupaDudz

A serious debate: Skittles (Pro) Vs Starburst (Con)

WOLF.J

Pro

r1-just acceptance, try prove to me that starburst/opal is better than skittles. You can't can you.
SupaDudz

Con

I accept

bro i will defend my favorite candy
WOLF.J

Pro

Right lets go! Why would man spend 5 minutes tryna open a wrapper, every time, when man could just tear open a sachet. and dig right in. PLus, every skittles is unique, way more variety, whereas with Starburst, you usually get 10-11 each of 4 flavours.

Ease of Access variety defo go to Skittles, I mean they even have a separate sour version, and whatnot. whereas starburst will always be remembered by 4 colours, one of which is horrible (purple).

Man the debate is already over for you b, don't know how you can comeback from this!
SupaDudz

Con

First off. If it takes 5 min to open a Starburst wrapper, it takes 10 minutes to open those skittle wrappers when there are no folds to tear. Also, it doesn't take that long to open when fresh. When they are dried out and sticky is why they get hard to open.

Starburst has many other colours and varieties too. There are 6 with varying flavours

-Original
-FaveRED
-Tropical
-Sweets n Sours
-Superfruit Flavors
-Fruity Slushies

The Skittles Sour and Tropical Flavors kinda suck. I would rather have 4 good quality tasting candies than 8 crap ones.

If we are looking at Original's only. Skittles come 6 flavours which are all dull.

But Starburst has a pink flavour! That's original. The two best flavours are Red n Purple for skittles which adds to 40%. The two best flavours of Starburst are Red and Pink. That is a 50% likeability.

Also, Skittles lose their flavour if you leave them out too long. Starburst don't. Also, they don't make stick to your finger when your done eating.

The wrapping is beneficial for Starburst as well. When you open the main package if they spill on the ground, you don't need to worry because it is wrapped. However all those Skittles fall on the ground if opened the wrong way and you wasted your money.
SupaDudz

Con

First off I can't even see that w/o a premium membership and 2nd off sales don't mean anything about taste and flavor

You dropped all my arguments, vote CON
WOLF.J

Pro

yeh the sour skittles do suck, but still sales are v.important in business, therefore they are (performing) better. sales trump quality.
SupaDudz

Con

Sales don't matter in the long run. This debate is about taste, not sales. You can't taste sales at all. Also, Sour Skittles are a different category in skittles and they suck. They sell, but lose money.

You dropped all of quality. Quality Outweighs because this is what the debate started out as and then you changed topic

Vote CON
Posted by WOLF.J 3 years ago
WOLF.J
in $ (mill)

1: skittles:185.2
2:private label:183.2
3:starburst:162.1
4:sour patch kids: 121.8
5:Haribo:90.2
etc
Posted by WOLF.J 3 years ago
WOLF.J
Since when did I specify that this debate is about taste alone,?.
Posted by SupaDudz 3 years ago
SupaDudz
what was no 2.
Posted by WOLF.J 3 years ago
WOLF.J
anyways on the chart, skittles were no.1, starburst no.3
Posted by SupaDudz 3 years ago
SupaDudz
Only original
Posted by WOLF.J 3 years ago
WOLF.J
don't know amph'
Posted by Amphia 3 years ago
Amphia
I want to debate you but it says we are already engaged in an open debate???
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Not even a close debate. Starburst gets stuck in your teeth, is more time consuming to open, has less sweetness, screw starburst.