Sully221
Wizofoz

A straight pride parade should be allowed

Updated: 1 week ago Status: Post Voting Period

Sully221

Pro

If there can be a gay pride parade, There can be a straight pride parade. Although i don't think it is necessary for either, A gay pride parade exists and as soon as a straight pride parade comes out all the members of the lgbt community get offended? .
Wizofoz

Con

Gay pride parades are celebrating the gains and protesting the continued persecution of gay people.

What are "Straight Pride" parades celebrating?

Virtualy every proposed "straight pride" parade has been organized by groups that are implicitly anti LGBTQ, So they are a veiled protest of gay rights, Not a celebration of any gain or achievement by straight people.

The analogy I like is a carpark- people getting mad that there are a few disabled parking spots- damned if they don't want NON disabled parkinbg spots, Despite the fact the WHOLE REST OF THE CARPARK is for non-disabled people.
Sully221

Pro

Well firstly you are making the assumption that to be proud of who you are, You must be somewhat discriminated against for who you are which is simply not the case. You can be proud of who you are regardless of whether you are discriminated against or not.

A straight pride parade would be celebrating being straight. Celebrating being the only people who actually reproduce. Being proud of being straight. Just like how gay people are proud of liking same sex. You do not have to suffer or be discriminated against to be proud of who you are.

So to say that we should not have a straight pride parade would be very discriminatory, Basically saying that being straight is boring and there is nothing to be proud of.
Wizofoz

Con

The "pride" that gay pride entails is the pride that they have made strides in being accepted as equal and normal. That there is nothing wrong with being gay.

There has never been any suggestion that there is anything wrong with being dtraight, So, No, It is nothing that reuires an expression of pride.

BTW, Gay people ALSO reproduce. Just because a person provides the sperm or iovum to make a baby doesn't mean they stop being gay.

But all this is theoretiucal.

Here is the website of the group trying to hold a "straight pride" parade-

https://nationalstraightpridecoalition. Org/

It is IMPLICITLY an anti gay nationalist organisation.

Show me any actual proposed "straight pride" parade that ISN'T implicitly anti LGBTQ, And I'll think their parade pomtless, But have no objection to it. There are no such proposals- they are all intrinsically biggoted.
Sully221

Pro

Well again you have made the assumption that you must suffer to show expression of pride. Which is not the case.

Gay people can reproduce in a very artificial way that is correct. Not naturally.

And I do not see the straight pride parade as an anti lgbt protest. It is simply saying everyone should be proud of who they are including straight people.

The number of gay people has rapidly increased over the years due to the society we live in. I do believe that being gay is a mental disorder and should be researched.

So in my case it would be more relevant to be proud of being straight than being gay. We should not mainstream mental delusion.
Wizofoz

Con

No, I'm not saying that. But what is it that straight people are "proud" of? What is it they have achieved? You may as well have a "I can breath" pride parade.

Firstly, No. Gay people can have children but hetrosexual sex, Samr as everyong else. But even of you were right, Or if gay people choose to use some other method, It is still reproduction. You are commiting the logical fallacy of "appeal to naturalism" which renders the argument invalid.

https://en. Wikipedia. Org/wiki/Naturalistic_fallacy

Then you are ignoring the direct evidence i supplied showning the people seeking the parade STATE they are doing so in opposition to the LGBTQ community.

The number of gay people has rapidly increased over the years due to the society we live in.

No, The number of people willing to ADMIT they are gay has increased, Due to their increased acceptance. Homosexuality has been noted in every society throughout history.

I do believe that being gay is a mental disorder and should be researched.

What a suprised- someone advocating for "straight pride" has a negative view of homosexuality, While arguing a "Straight pride" parade, Being proposed by an anti LGBTQ group, Is NOT anti LGTBQ.

To address your point, "I believe" is a pretty poor standard of evidence. In fact, Homosexuality WAS considered a mental disorder, WAS reaserrched, And it was realised by the proffestionals in the field that this was an error, So you have it exactley backwards.

So in my case it would be more relevant to be proud of being straight than being gay.

Thankyou for displaying EXACTLEY the reason we still need an LGBTQ movement- to overcome biggoted mindsets like yours.

We should not mainstream mental delusion.

To late, Religion is already mainstream.

Posted by Wizofoz 1 week ago
Wizofoz
I defended it by destrying you in the debate. I'm now just observing tha " but! But! But! " Butt- hurt.
Posted by Sully221 1 week ago
Sully221
Imagine replying "butt hurt" when you can't defend your point anymore lmao.
Posted by Wizofoz 1 week ago
Wizofoz
Butt hurt says what?
Posted by Sully221 1 week ago
Sully221
Sure my link was a joke, Put it still is a prefect, Valid opinion.

You don't seem to have an open mind when it comes to debating.

If somebody calls it a joke you don't look into it yourself? I have already explained why the opinion is valid in my last comment.
Posted by billsands 1 week ago
billsands
not if nazis are behind it, Its okay ok to be gay but stop being so aggresive with it, Its annoying
Posted by Wizofoz 1 week ago
Wizofoz
Many others said it beter than me-

https://www. Huffingtonpost. Com. Au/entry/boston-straight-pride-parade-plans_n_5cf7bd67e4b0dc70f44ff2e8
Posted by Sully221 1 week ago
Sully221
Its actually making fun of the people who think it is necessary to have a gay pride parade.

It is saying if a gay pride parade exists then so should a straight pride parade exist.

Which is what i started out the argument by saying that i do not think it is necessary for either.
But if a gay pride parade exists, So can a straight pride parade.

idiot.
Posted by Wizofoz 1 week ago
Wizofoz
OMG. You idiot. That's a satirical site making fun of the whole concept. You desperately googled trying to find a site that was "straight pride because I'd obviously handed you your a$$ in the debate and thought you'd found one, Didn't you? You didn't get that site is making fun of the concept. It's making fun of you. . . . .
Posted by Sully221 1 week ago
Sully221
https://www. Superhappyfunamerica. Com/

This is what i was supporting by straight pride parade.
Posted by billsands 1 week ago
billsands
i don't agree with a word you say but i will defend to the death your right to say it