gingabreadninja
Ray2

A trans woman is not a woman

gingabreadninja

Pro

Although I fully acknowledge that trans people exist, And that their experiences are genuine (most of the time), I reject the idea that gender identity is sufficient to determine one's actual gender. Sex and gender are biologically determined by genetics, And although there are some exceptions so the normal XX / XY pairings, They are extremely rare. Personal Identity is determined by many factors, But this includes life experiences, So to say that anyone identifies as a female without having experienced any of the things that l women do (menstrual cycle, Pregnancy) is at the very least, Hard to believe. What's the point of becoming a woman if you can never get pregnant? I will admit I'm not a psychologist, But I believe that the desire to transition has more to do with being treated like the other gender, As opposed to actually being the other gender. There are likely numerous "trans" people that are simply experiencing an identity crisis in their youth, And are just "acting out" in a comparable way to the goths or emos ten years ago.

I know what you're probably thinking. "You have no idea what these people go through, And they deserve to be treated the way they want to be treated. "

It can't be helped that there are trans phobic people out there. It can't be helped that some people are going to feel uncomfortable by the idea of a trans person. People should be treated with respect and spoken to how they want, But that doesn't change the facts. If you transition from a man to a woman, You are still biologically a male, But you will be treated like a female.

If a man dresses up as a woman, And wants to be called "she", There's nothing wrong with that, But you can't then say that he is biologically a woman. It is simply incorrect.
Ray2

Con

A person can not make a choice regarding their sexual gender, It is given only by genetics. It is not something that can be chosen. It is possible that chromosomes will be mutated, But in fact, That does not occur frequently. I believe that choices are made based on cosmetic, Behavioral or social conditioning, As a result of several known factors such as trauma abuse and self-esteem. Choice of gender does not rely on the mind, Innate physical elements that are fixed.

I conclude by saying that a Trans is by definition a Transexual and that alone, A homosexual who has adopted the opposite gender as a way of identifying themselves in society. Sexuality does not define gender, Gender is anatomical, Sexual preference is a choice.
gingabreadninja

Pro

gingabreadninja forfeited this round.
Ray2

Con

Ray2 forfeited this round.
gingabreadninja

Pro

gingabreadninja forfeited this round.
Ray2

Con

Ray2 forfeited this round.