MrFarRight
PinkWolvz

A woman"s place is in the home

PinkWolvz
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

MrFarRight

Pro

Ok so it is the evolutionary norm for women to stay home us men want to spread our DNA as much as possible if a man has sex with a woman and she dies then he has failed so he would protect and provide for her the woman would recognize that if she takes care of him then he will be less likely to die and he could keep protecting and providing for her

Its just the evolutionary norm
PinkWolvz

Con

The only reason that it"s the evolutionary norm is that for thousands of years ago, Women didn"t have a choice. But now that we do, You want to take it away from us? Just to keep traditions, You would oppress women again and take away their freedom to decide what they want to do with their lives.

Maybe some women want to stay in the home, Cooking and cleaning and caring for their husbands and children. That"s fine. However if they don"t want to, That"s their choice as well. This is the 21st century and women shouldn"t be forced or even simply pressured to make a life choice in which they"re going to be unhappy. Or even just make a choice that isn"t their own.
MrFarRight

Pro

Fair fair no-one should be forced but children benefit greatly from having a stay at home mom

Children of stay at home moms are less likely to be obese
it seems that stay at home moms strongly have a strong coronation with healthy children

I believe that the children must come first don"t you?
PinkWolvz

Con

Well, The site is clearly prejudiced. For all it's talk about how having a stay at home mom gives a kids less chance to be obese, Blah, Blah, Blah, I didn't once read talk about the effect of having a stay at home dad. So, Ok, Maybe it'd better to have a stay at home parent, But no one says that that parent should be a mother. As that site only did research on stay at home moms but not stay at home dads, There is no reason as to why the mother should be the one to stay at home and not the father.

Having a depressed mother can affect kids too and stay at home moms are more likely to depressed: 1000 American women were interviewed in 2012 and it was found that 28% of the stay at home moms had been diagnosed with depression, Whilst only 17% of the working mothers had been diagnosed with it too. And I would rather have a fat child, Than a child growing up with an unhappy, Depressed mother. That can be devastating for the child's mental health

Also, If you want to carry on talking about kids, Children with working mothers do better academically. It has been found in Denmark that that the child of a working mother, Will have a GPA that's 2. 6% higher, On average, Than someone with a stay at home mom.

I don't know if this is a proven fact, But kids growing up with stay at home moms tend to be much less independent than kids with working mothers for obvious reasons. Kids tend to have more chores, Therefore, They know how to do things around the house faster than kids with a parent at home. This prepares kids more for later life so that they don't get stuck 5000 km away from home in an apartment when they're eighteen and don't know how to do laundry.

So the "It negatively affects kids" argument doesn't quite work out because, Yes, It negatively affects them on some topics, But it also positively affects them on others. And as I've already said for the obesity thing, Why should the women have to be the one to stay at home? Tradition doesn't count as an answer, History has moved on from that for a reason.
MrFarRight

Pro

DDO is doing it again hold on as I remove links

If its so likely to cause depression than why in 2012 84% of working women tell forbes that being a stay at home is a financial luxury that they aspire to

Depression has been steadily rising ever since women left the home the fact that women left might be part of the problem

And on the stay at home dads part first just ask yourself this who as a kid would you rather have stay home with you? For most people it"s the mom even though dad lets you get away with much more kids have an instinct to be with their mom

And I have a stay at home mom and could very well take care of myself as an older kid your expected to help out more bisides people have been living this way for thousands of years and lets say it"s true well we live in the age of YouTube why can"t they just watch a tutorial if they can"t figure it out?

And I have never heard that children of stay at home moms having lower grades than children of working moms but literally it would fly in the face of all common sense
PinkWolvz

Con

I don"t know why most working women consider staying at home a luxury. What I do know is that those that do stay at home are more likely to be depressed. For the "kids have better grades with working mothers" if you like I can send the link to the site so that you can see for yourself.

Here"s a list of inspiring women who haven"t been meek, Quiet and stayed at home. I wonder where the world would be without them. I possibly made spelling mistakes for some of their names, Btw.

Cleopatra
Emmeline Pankhurst
Rosa Parks
Mary Queen of Scotts
Catherine of Aragon
Mary Tudor
Josephine Baker
Florence Nightingale
Mary Seacole
Emily Davison
Harriet Tubman
Queen Victoria
Jk Rowling
Nellie Bly
Audrey Hepburn
Marie Curie
Harper Lee
Frida Kahlo
The Bronte sisters
Hatchepsut
Queen Tye
Merit P"tah
Mother Teresa
Oprah Winfrey
Anne Frank
Malala Yousafzi
Joan of Arc
Boudicca
Amelia Earhart
Meghan Markle
Princess Diana
Helen Keller
That Indian queen that fought back against the british colonists 200 years ago
Hillary Clinton
Elizabeth the First
Katherine Howard
Agatha Christie

Seriously, If they had stayed at home and made meals for their husbands, Earth would have been a different place for the worst. And if women hadn"t been so oppressed, I"d have had countless other names to add to my list. Would rather that these women had stayed at home? Also, If you were a woman but had exactly the same mind as you have now and nothing about you but your gender had changed, Would you stay at home?
MrFarRight

Pro

You put hillary clinton on there yay she should have stayed home if you"re inspired by her you need to get your life together

Mother teresa is a nun she had no husband

Anne frank that book is her diary if she stayed home then that would mean nazis didn"t get her so yay bad example

Also why is ayn rand not on here? She shaped modern libertarianism

And YES! If I was a woman I would stay home hell I might try being a woman if given the opportunity women are awesome women can HAVE BABIES that is incredible
PinkWolvz

Con

Well, You"re pro Trump so of course you won"t be open minded about Hillary Clinton. Mother Teresa had no husband, Wrong, Technically, Nuns are married to God. Ok, Anne Frank should"ve stayed at home, Which she did, Fine, That was a bad example. Ayn Rand isn"t there because I read a book that made me not like her. And you didn"t answer my question: would you rather that the rest of the women have stayed at home?

No offense, I"m really not trying to insult you, I"m just being honest, But if you think that if you were a woman, You would stay at home, That"s so sad. What the hell does gender change about your mind? Most jobs are desk jobs, It"s not as if you needed muscles for the job that you want to do, And your mind stays the same. I don"t get how, Suddenly being a woman changes everything. Why?

Also, What do you been by "should stay at home"? Do you mean that it should be a law for women to stay at home if they have a husband? (You"ll find that the number of married couples will go down) Do you mean that it should be the husband"s decision as to whether or not his wife works? (The number of divorces would rise) Do you mean it just as a guideline like something in a book of manners, Or do you mean something else entirely?
MrFarRight

Pro

Ok so most of the royalty on your list didn"t ask for that God just put them there in that situation because they needed to be for one reason or another and if nuns are married to God then she was serving her husband so I don"t know what point you"re trying to make with that one

Because sex goes much deeper than what you look like or how strong you are it"s spiritually different it"s intellectually different men are given a drive to fight and compete doesn"t mean we don"t admire home making as the noble cause it is but men biologically theology how ever you want to look at it have been bread to compete its in our DNA without the competition without having to fight a up hill battle we feel restless and useless its how we are designed I wouldn"t mind home making lets be honest but I can"t stand the thought of someone else working their a** off for me I am a man I should be able to provide for myself

I believe women should make the choice to stay home and society should make that the easiest choice to make I don"t believe it should be law or anything like that that"s called tranny but we as a society should promote homemaking as the noble work that it is

Well we are in the last round now so I will just give some closing statements

I think we both have brought up good points that deserve consideration I will be considering your points greatly I hope you do the same because I think we are on the same side I think we both want what is best for women and we want the best environment possible for children to grow up in I think we disagree on what is best but that"s why we debate and listen so we can truly know what is best and there might be farther we can go on this subject so if you want to schedule a part 2 sometime in the future that would be just fine with me
PinkWolvz

Con

So, What you"re saying is that men don"t want women to provide for the family as well just to feel manly? Ok, Read that sentence again. Can you hear how dumb that statement is? And, Frankly, Women not being as competitive as men is a good thing. And, Excluding the royalty in my list (btw, Some had to fight for the throne, It wasn"t just handed to them by birth, Take Cleopatra, Katherine Howard, Elizabeth the 1 and Mary Tudor). Catherine of Aragon, I"m not putting her because she ruled but because of she stood up to her tyrannous husband and fought for the rights of her daughter. Boudicca fought back roman invaders and when she was captured, She committed suicide because she preferred that than being a roman prisoner. Hatchepsut fought against hatred towards her because she was a woman and even dressed as a man to please the people. I put all of these women there for a reason, Not just because they were royalty. Anyways, Excluding the royalty from the list, Would you rather that the rest of the women have stayed at home? Without Marie Curie, We wouldn"t have found a treatment for cancer but that doesn"t matter because she"s a woman and should"ve stayed at home? Really.

So yea, Closing statement: We live in a modern society today and I don"t consider tradition and men needing to feel manly enough reason to confine women at home. They are human beings too and just because they are physically weaker doesn"t mean that they shouldn"t have the right to decide what they want to do with their lives. There are so many great women in history and all the great men in history wouldn"t have existed without women. Women are just as important in society as men and it should be their choice and nobody else"s what they want to do with their lives.
Posted by PinkWolvz 4 months ago
PinkWolvz
@Oneida Entonces, Estas a favor o en contra de las mujeres que se quedan en casa? Porque no comprendo que quieres decir
Posted by Oneida 4 months ago
Oneida
Yo pienso quen al hablar de la mujer hablamos de fuerza, Poder y esto no se reduce a una casa, Un centro de trabajo o un lugar reducido una mujer es madre, Es familia, Es mujer y para un hombre que sepa valorar a una buena e inteligente mujer el resultado de su exito seria mucho mas grande. Ayudar y apoyar a una mujer exitosa ademas de dar paz, Orgullo y conocimiento al hombre, Pues crearia en el un lazo irrompible en cuanto a relaciones personales o de familia se refieren.
Posted by Ihsieman 4 months ago
Ihsieman
A one sided debate, Still fun to read I liked the list, However I do disagree on some of the people yu put of the list, But still a nice list.

Cleopatra
Emmeline Pankhurst
Rosa Parks
Mary Queen of Scotts
Catherine of Aragon
Mary Tudor
Josephine Baker
Florence Nightingale
Mary Seacole
Emily Davison
Harriet Tubman
Queen Victoria
Jk Rowling
Nellie Bly
Audrey Hepburn
Marie Curie
Harper Lee
Frida Kahlo
The Bronte sisters
Hatchepsut
Queen Tye
Merit P"tah
Mother Teresa
Oprah Winfrey
Anne Frank
Malala Yousafzi
Joan of Arc
Boudicca
Amelia Earhart
Meghan Markle
Princess Diana
Helen Keller
Hillary Clinton
Elizabeth the First
Katherine Howard
Agatha Christie
Posted by Leaning 5 months ago
Leaning
@MrFarRight
Rather than posting a hyperlink, A dot com, Or a (spelling it backwards) sptth, In your argument.
I'd suggest just saying what a person should Google (Site name and article name) to find the source you want in your argument.
Posted by Champybeat 5 months ago
Champybeat
Woman should stay in the Home, So true
Posted by Hezikiah 5 months ago
Hezikiah
"A woman"s place is in the home" Tell that to Marjorie Greene
Posted by devils_advocat3 5 months ago
devils_advocat3
In a pre-civilization environment, Sure, You might have a point. But women are now much more equal in the eyes of society and if she has a job where she makes much more than her partner, Would it not be more beneficial for her to be outside the home?
Posted by MrFarRight 5 months ago
MrFarRight
Oh would you look at that! I removed all the data BACKING MY CLAIM AND NOW I CAN POST IT! How convenient
Posted by MrFarRight 5 months ago
MrFarRight
Maybe if I remove the data backing my claim it will let me post its worth a shot if it works I will just DM her the source
Posted by MrFarRight 5 months ago
MrFarRight
I see that I am not allowed to post my argument

DDO what do you have to say for yourself?
Vote Placed by Mangani 4 months ago
Mangani
MrFarRightPinkWolvz
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: Pro did not prove his premise that women staying at home is an evolutionary norm. Pro conceded to Con that nobody could force women to stay at home. If women are not forced to stay at home the question of whether or not their place is in the home is entirely subjective. Con wins easily.