Unitedstates
Blessed_Ravon

Abortion Should Not Be Legal

Unitedstates

Pro

I would like anyone who is pro abortion to start.
Blessed_Ravon

Con

Pro choice - The United States abortion-rights movement (also known as the United States pro-choice movement) is a sociopolitical movement in the United States supporting the view that a woman should have the legal right to an elective abortion, Meaning the right to terminate her pregnancy.

Pro choice despite misconceptions does not necessarily mean pro abortion. Being pro choice defends the rights of women to decide for themselves and that legal safe abortion is a fundamental human right for all women. Almost half of all U. S pregnancies are accidental, Even when contraception is being used.

The problem with making abortion illegal is that abortion will still happen regardless. Women will begin to resort to unsafe potentially life threatening methods of abortion. One of the most common forms of unsafe abortion is attempting to break the amniotic sac inside the womb by using a sharp object. Often a clothes hanger or a needle. This could damage the uterine wall and result in death. Another method of unsafe abortions involves creating toxic mixtures with chili peppers, Alum, Lysol, Or pesticides and pumping them into the pregnant woman. This can cause the woman to go into toxic shock and die.

Unsafe abortion is a major cause of maternal mortality and it mostly occurs in parts of the world where abortion is illegal or where trained medical practitioners are not as accessible. According to the World Health Organization, In 2003 almost 42 million pregnancies were voluntarily terminated and 20 million of those were unsafe. 68, 000 women die a year from unsafe abortions.

If a woman is raped then then of course she has the right to get an abortion because it was a sexual act forced upon her.

Is a fetus really a human?
When does life officially begin?
Does it begin at the moment of conception?
When the heart begins to beat?
When there's brain activity?

The answer to these questions are dependent on your own beliefs and moral stance. When women are being counseled on abortions at a clinic they are well informed by their doctors on what happens to the fetus when you get an abortion. A typical abortion clinic will also allow a woman to look at the fetus if she wishes. Some of these women after receiving counsel and seeing the fetus, Choose not to get an abortion after all. It is completely up to the individual and what they believe is best for them. They are not persuaded in any way by their doctors unless it is a question of a health risk. So to answer the question "Should abortions be illegal? " No they should not. If it is your personal choice to be against abortion because of moral reasons then that is your choice and you're absolutely entitled to that. It is a beautiful thing to believe that all life is sacred, Including the life of an unborn child. But to prevent other women from getting abortions when they do not share your beliefs is unjust. If abortions were allowed only in special circumstances, How would one decide who deserves to get an abortion and who does not? How do you even prosecute such a crime if it were one? There is a reason why Roe vs Wade was passed. It gives women the right to choose, And that's how it should continue to be.

Round 1 response submitted.
Unitedstates

Pro

I agree that being pro choice is about choice and not abortion. I believe that women are 100 percent equal to men, But I do not think they have a right to get an abortion.

About making abortion legal, The point of making abortion legal is not my point for stopping abortion. If abortion does become illegal, The amount of abortions might increase or decrease. I have no statistics that would go either way.

The next thing you say is that if a woman is raped, Then she has a right to get an abortion. I disagree, But I will talk about that later.

You then say abortion is "dependent on your on beliefs and moral stance. " This is definitely false. There are seven things that determine life:

-Ability to respond to the environment
-Ability to expel waste
-Ability to reproduce
-Ability to grow and change
-Being made of cells
-Passing on traits to offspring
-Having a metabolism and breathing

A fetus has all of these, So this makes a fetus a life. If there is a time where the unborn baby is only a couple days old, If nothing happened to them such as an abortion, Miscarriage, Ect. The baby will survive. An abortion will take away the potential for life.

While I do sympathize with women who do get raped, Harming the most innocent is a terrible solution to the problem. The baby never did anything wrong and should not get a punishment that criminals get.

It is not dependent on your morals, Religion, Or anything else. Abortion is wrong.
Blessed_Ravon

Con

Some women become pregnant as the result of sexual assault. No woman should be forced to conceive a baby that was a result of a rape. I believe a woman can abort if they were raped, Because it was forced and it wasn't consensual.

Perhaps a good solution would be for the woman to keep the baby and once the baby is born, Give the baby away for adoption.

Beliefs, Moral stance and etc can apply to some people regarding them being for or against abortion but perhaps it does not apply to all people. It can go both ways I suppose.

What if the mother's health is at risk while delivering the baby? Does she have to be forced to go along with it? If she does, It may result in death. In that instance, The mother comes first because it is her health, So aborting the baby would be okay. In some places, Abortion is illegal unless the mother's health is at risk.
Unitedstates

Pro

With the issue regarding rape, I do not think there is any way we can convince each other our side is right.

I would agree with the point about adoption you made. Since I believe abortion is wrong, If a young mother could not deal with a child, Adoption would probably be the best idea.

Finally, If the woman giving birth to a baby causes potential harm to the woman, I think she would have to talk to the doctor about what harm it would do to her. If she would not survive, In this case I believe it would be okay to have the baby aborted. If there is a chance that the baby will have some sort of disability or disease, But the mother will be safe, I do not think that is a good reason for an abortion.

I might seem a little hypocritical by saying that abortion would only be allowed in one condition, While still wanting to make it illegal. On the other hand, There are exceptions to almost every law if it is for a good reason.

It looks like we are starting to find some common ground on this. If there is anything you saw where you would disagree with me, Please mention it.
Blessed_Ravon

Con

Blessed_Ravon forfeited this round.
Unitedstates

Pro

Unitedstates forfeited this round.
Blessed_Ravon

Con

Blessed_Ravon forfeited this round.
Unitedstates

Pro

Unitedstates forfeited this round.
Blessed_Ravon

Con

Blessed_Ravon forfeited this round.
Posted by John_C_1812_II 3 years ago
John_C_1812_II
Aren"t unwanted and unintended official stops already legal, The people call them accidents? Right? What you are not doing missmedic, Along with all woman is creating a legislative common defense to the general welfare. A united state set on legal interpretation this creates a translatable self-incrimination. Not just to all woman to create a discrimination by it also applies to the medical practice and field. Who had committed heavily fanatically, And intellectually in legal issues of their own making to liberal interpretations of general welfare issue.
Posted by John_C_1812_II 3 years ago
John_C_1812_II
Abortion means to official stop the argument of debate is not over if abortion is legal. The question is when does officially stopping something become illegal. So as people we already know officially stopping is open to regulation by law. What I do not like is that some woman believe that other woman are not created equal and therefore must admit a crime by use of self-incrimination.
Posted by Vorhut 3 years ago
Vorhut
I don't morally support abortion, But I won't oppose it either. I just don't think the government should fund a specific institution with taxpayers dollars.
Posted by Unitedstates 3 years ago
Unitedstates
I would like to be clear in saying that if abortion ever became illegal, I would not want anyone who had or performed an abortion to be arrested. That would be a huge mistake and would cause chaos in America.

Secondly, If an unmarried woman is pregnant and she does not want the baby, That is entirely the fault of her and the man. To kill an unborn baby because they made a stupid mistake is a terrible reason to harm a child.

Lastly, If a woman becomes pregnant when she is raped that is still not a good reason to have an abortion. This can be a terrible situation for many people, But like I said before, Harming the innocent is still not right.

You and other people probably think it is a bit extreme to make it a crime for abortion to be illegal, But abortion is the same thing as murder. The fetus is a life and it has been proven by science.
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
Unwanted and unintended pregnancies should be illegal, And both the man and women involved should be sterilized. Why do you want to make abortion illegal?