Itri04Lachgar
Im_Intelligent

Abortion is murder

Itri04Lachgar

Pro

Until I have a debator, I will just say that I do think that abortion is murder because the baby is, Well, A baby.
Im_Intelligent

Con

I would agree with pro here that a "fully developed baby" being killed inside the womb is murder, And that I think it is wrong that some feminists want to be able to abort a baby DURING LABOR "not joking".

However abortions are done when the fetus is nothing more then a clump of cells, They have little to no human characteristics "yet" and are not consciousness whatsoever, The way we consider true death in human beings isn't when are heart stops or when we pass out, Its when we undergo something called brain death, Because we know that once that goes down it doesn't come back at all, Everything else pretty much follows after that irreversible step, A fetus doesn't even have a developed brain, Let alone one capable of any conscious experience, So in the sense of what we would consider murder, This fetus never had any conscious compacity to be taken away from it in the first place, It never had a sense of self or anything close.

You can say that it is a baby all you want, But that doesn't make it anymore of a murder then if I stomped on any other cell cluster, Its just a clump of cells communicating with each other via chemical singles, If you care to refute this you will have to explain why humans must be "special pled" in this regard, And if you can do this without evoking a religious moral standard that demands humans be special from the very foundation, You may have a case here, Otherwise the only real arguments you can put forward is that the cells will eventually become human, Or humans are special because "insert untestable reason" case closed, Which isn't really a convincing argument, Or really an argument at all.

I look forward to your rebuttal on my statements.
Itri04Lachgar

Pro

You've put forth a pretty intelligent debate for this. I am surprised, Because I haven't heard this one before, But I'll try my best. So, By three weeks, The heart starts beating. I think that is classified as human. Before that, By one week, The baby can feel pain. I definitely think that when a baby can feel pain, That should be classified as human. I think when it comes down to it, Abortion is about do you think that the baby is a baby and at what point. Now, If you say it is a baby, Then you have to start from conception because after that, It gets dicey on when you can abort. I do believe that abortion is wrong because of religious reasons, But I almost never use religion to put my point across because that would be like someone quoting the Koran at me, Like I don't really care, I don't believe that. I do have other reasons for thinking abortion is murder (scientifically speaking. ), But even non-religiously, Humans are the most important species on the planet, But that's a different debate. A one week baby is not a clump of cells as much as an old man on life support is not a clump of cells because they both don't have a beating heart. You seem like a smart guy, And I'm sorry I couldn't expand further on this right now, I'm at school, But if I don't do it now, I'll forget. I look forward to your rebuttal.
Im_Intelligent

Con

Interesting

When it comes to something being able to feel pain there is something you need to take into serious consideration, Is this entity only sensing pain, Or does it also have a conscious awareness of pain, Because if something lacks the neurological compacity to have a conscious awareness of pain then it might as well not matter at all because at that point it feels no more pain then a rubber wire would if you ran an electric current through it, Its also why we have most unconscious for surgery, Their body still feels pain, But they have no conscious awareness of this pain, Which basically means they feel no pain, See what i mean here? A fetus isn't conscious till a certain point in its development, If it did feel pain it wouldn't even know it or care. Your analogy of this being a old man on life support is a bad analogy, A more accurate one would be of someone who is at the limet of what isn't complete brain death.

As for humans being the most important species on this planet, I see no objective reason that we are important, Let alone that we have a reason at all, I do however say that we have a higher subjective moral standard for our fellow man, In the same way we have a greater moral standard for cats and dogs over insects and fish and so on.

The moment the neurological substrates for consciousness and the ability to "Really" feel pain turn on is the moment that a baby should be considered a human life.
Itri04Lachgar

Pro

Itri04Lachgar forfeited this round.
Im_Intelligent

Con

Im_Intelligent forfeited this round.
Itri04Lachgar

Pro

Itri04Lachgar forfeited this round.
Im_Intelligent

Con

have i won? Or. . .
Itri04Lachgar

Pro

Itri04Lachgar forfeited this round.
Im_Intelligent

Con

Im_Intelligent forfeited this round.
Posted by Masterful 3 years ago
Masterful
It's not an argument about whether the fetus is alive, It's about what the fetus is, It's a template and hasn't developed into person-hood yet.
Posted by dustryder 3 years ago
dustryder
@BasicEco By biological definition?
Posted by BasicEco 3 years ago
BasicEco
How come a single celled organism is a life but a 20 week baby isn't?
Posted by John_C_1812 3 years ago
John_C_1812
FatboyMctroll
It may not be entirely right but it is not wrong. Pregnancy Abortion is an admission to homicide, And therefore is describing murder by principle. It either has, Or will take place at some time, In some way. The problem with the argument of age is that the fetus simple is not allowed to become a definition describing it as a person yet. Fetus are still alive by medical terms so it is giving notice to the someway in a plan.

Roe Vs. Wade describes an issue of privacy not interpretation of life and living. A female specific amputation is something that is proven to be an abortion. The Idea of principle is that a woman should have the right to insure the process of her menstruation and ovulation. As by precedent set by marriage for a registration to governing for the intention to create a citizen of a nation, And this has set a standard in likely-hood. There is an inalienable right between couples to insure the process of a woman"s ovulation for many medical reasons, With condition that apply to marriage and to civil unions outside of officially making a claim of control.

Picks up mic off floor. Shuts it off, And places it in the mic stand.
Posted by TimeToGetWoke 3 years ago
TimeToGetWoke
when she nuts in your mouth and you keep sucking
Posted by FanboyMctroll 3 years ago
FanboyMctroll
WRONG, A fetus is not a human, And under the criminal code murder is the act of taking away a life of a human.

You are wrong, Case closed, Apology accepted

mic drop