PyromanGaming
Truth-Over-Emotion

Abortion should be banned

Truth-Over-Emotion has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

PyromanGaming

Pro

Hello! I will be arguing today that abortion should be banned. If anyone disagrees or wants to debate be, go right ahead! Good luck!
Truth-Over-Emotion

Con

Pro may go first.

(Note: my position on whether or not this should be legal does not coincide with my views on it morally.)
PyromanGaming

Pro

Hello! I am going to debate on why abortion should be banned. Let"s get into the arguments. The development of a baby or a person of any age for that matter should not dictate their rights. Murder is one of the fundamental deplorable crimes in all ethical and properly functioning societies. We are not allowed to murder an adult, so why should we be allowed to murder some of the most innocent of us, babies? This logic seems flawed.

When we look at slavery we think "oh my god! I can"t believe we used to do that!" With both slavery and abortion, you are choosing someone else"s rights for your own convenience. In a free world, that is despicable. If I asked you if you were a 1-month old baby in your mother"s womb, how would you feel if your mother aborted you, killing you, I"m sure you wouldn"t want that, so why should that logic apply to someone else"s child.

We are all essentially the same. We"re not like animals, we are all people. Why continue this discriminatory behavior? These are the reasons why I believe that abortion should be banned. Thank you!

My sources:
https://my.clevelandclinic.org...
https://en.wikipedia.org...
Credit to Ben Shapiro for many of the arguments
Posted by PyromanGaming 3 years ago
PyromanGaming
We can continue this debate Truth_Over_Emotion in the comments. I don't quite understand what you mean by "it isn't something you can just outlaw". Correct me if i'm wrong but are you saying that regardless of whether or not you are banning abortion that it would not remain the same? Because then that's an issue with the law enforcement rather than the morality and functionality behind abortion.

One of the issues with abortion is that once you allow people to kill something at a certain stage of development (like before it has a heartbeat), you are then implying that it is okay to kill an adult with the lacking of whatever you are talking about. A common example that a pro-choice person will throw out is that they should be allowed to abort the fetus before it has any brain activity. But by putting in these barriers it would by those standards be ethical to kill an adult in a coma.

The idea of overpopulation has been much worse before the black death occurred, yet the population density in Europe was significantly lower. We have been able since then to adapt to a much higher population density and with an even more rapid rate of technology and scientific advancements than ever I am confident that we could solve this issue before it gets out of hand without continuing the huge over 650,000 reported abortions statistic you mentioned.

I hope we can continue this discussion. Thanks!
Posted by Truth-Over-Emotion 3 years ago
Truth-Over-Emotion
Sorry, I haven't had access to the internet for the past week.

I understand that it IS killing something. I'm not one of those idiots claiming that it's "just a bunch of cells", or that it's "the woman's body", or "the woman's choice".
But while I disagree on it morally, this isn't something you can just outlaw. It's like making drugs illegal (and the same concept as making guns illegal). It won't work. There are other ways to get an abortion. But it's more dangerous. Women would be putting their lives at risk to terminate the pregnancy.
And this world is dealing with a population issue. 652,639 abortions were reported in 2014 out of only 49 areas. If abortions were illegal (and women didn't go through other ways to terminate the pregnancy), there would be that many more people (and then some because of the ones that weren't reported) in 2014 alone. That really adds up. And nobody wants to be regulated on how many children they can have (like China's now "Two-Child Policy").
But, if abortion remains legal, then double homicide by killing a pregnant woman shouldn't be a thing either because that's pure hypocrisy. You don't get to choose whether it's murder or not based on if you want the child.

Again, my personal morals do not align with this, but just because I (and others) don't like it, doesn't mean it should be illegal.
Posted by KamikazeKennedyJr 3 years ago
KamikazeKennedyJr
Yeah i used to be pretty pro-choice before Ben Shapiro gave me some good rebuttals and I cant say he hasn't moved me a little bit to his position. But not entirely, women should be allowed to kill their baby in the first 10 weeks, too many people, too many traffic jams and too many lazy god damn liberals. MORE ABORTIONS (but not with my tax dollars)
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
How do you ban abortion? And just so you know law enforcement does not reduce abortion.
https://www.independent.co.uk...
http://www.nytimes.com...
http://prospect.org...