benjamindaniels992
DonnyTron

Abortion should be illegal.

benjamindaniels992 has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

benjamindaniels992

Pro

Full Resolution:
Abortion should be made illegal.

Definitions: 1 : the termination of a pregnancy after, accompanied by, resulting in, or closely followed by the death of the embryo or fetus.
2: Illegal: Forbidden by law.

Standards: Any form or type of abortion will be illegal.

Round 1: Acceptance only
Round 2: Opening arguments (no rebuttals)
Round 3: Rebuttals/Counter arguments
Round 4: Rebuttals and conclusion (no new arguments)
DonnyTron

Con

Whether if you're religious, or not. Abortions should not be illegal.
Why? Because, some people are unfit to even have kids. And plus kids are expensive to raise. People view abortions as a bad thing. As a thing that'll kill an unborn baby. Or even as an unethical thing to do. Personally I think Abortions should be legal.
We all have our reasons why we want to use have an abortion. I'm just a male. And if I placed myself in the situation of a pregnant 14 year old. You might choose to have the baby and go through the pain of child birth. Or might not, the problem is.
Context, people view abortions as a killing machine. People love viewing it as that. As a Pro Choice I believe that they should be legal.
But situations like that are hurting people. People make dumb choices as teens and kids.

My Regards,
Don
benjamindaniels992

Pro

I"m going to start off with some good ol" fashioned rebutting. I will list your points and my responses to them.

Your First Point: "Some people are unfit to have kids": My Response: No Evidence: I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say here. If you are unfit to have kids that means that you can"t have kids, and if you can"t have kids then you don't need to get an abortion. So some clarification is needed here, and I would urge you to bring this up in the next round.

Your Second Point: "People view abortions as a bad thing. As a thing that"ll kill an unborn baby. Or even as an unethical thing to do." My Response: Is it ethical to kill someone? Of course not. This is horrible. The idea that you have a right to murder a kid just because it"s convenient to you is insanity. Listen to this "method" on how to "legally" kill a baby. "In this method, the cervical muscle ring must be paralyzed and stretched open. The abortionist then inserts a hollow plastic tube with a knife-like edge into the uterus. The suction tears the baby"s body into pieces. The placenta is cut from the uterine wall and everything is sucked into a bottle." This is complete insanity! This is a human as soon as it"s outside the womb, and when it"s inside the womb. You kill it in the womb, and apparently it"s a human right. That is not a human right because that baby is a human and that baby doesn"t have any rights, because someone just decided that the baby"s rights are less important than your right to your own convenience. Despicable! You are literally allowed to kill a baby in the 30-32 week. That is a fully formed child. I"ve seen them 2 of them come out of my wife, and I can tell you that these are not just balls of tissue. These are human beings. It"s not a "termination of pregnancy" it is a termanitation of human life, and the idea that you get to choose that is horrible. We live in America, at least I do, and there are a lot of things that you get to do in life. Look, you get to choose a lot of things in life. You don"t get to choose another human being"s death. So let"s play a little left wing game called "when is it okay to kill this"? Maybe at week 14 when the heart is pumping several quarts of blood? How about week 15 when the baby has an adults" tastebuds, is it ok then? How about month 4 when the bone marrow is starting to form, then can I kill it? So where in here, exactly, is it ok to murder this kid, because you have a little convenience issue. This is completely ridiculous, that it is "legal" to drag a baby out by the feet (except for the head) and stab it with scissors in the throat. Also, the idea that you can kill a human just because it is expensive to raise is a disgrace to America.

Your Third Point: "But situations like that are hurting people. People make dumb choices as teens and kids.": My Response: Yes, people make dumb choices but that is their choice. If I kill someone as a teenager I still go to jail. Plus, if you don"t want to have a baby: don"t put that thing, in that place, without that thing on it. Simple.

Thanks for accepting I look forward to the next round,
Ben
DonnyTron

Con

1. My original statement was that people are unfit to have kids, I should have gone more in depth.
People can still enjoy the feeling and sensation of intercourse, and sometimes unplanned pregnancies can happen.
And when they do happen they're unexpected and uncalled for. There is over 40% of unexpected pregnancies every year.
And having a baby is sometimes not right for people at a certain age. If you do get pregnant at age 18 or younger. Do you have enough income to feed it? House it? And care for it. Babies a year alone to take care of cost roughly 12,000 dollars a year.

https://www.guttmacher.org...
https://www.parenting.com...

2.
Everything you've mentioned so far is morally and ethically. You mention the process of the abortion and everything about it. I want to talk statistics. If we do say this person is born into the world. They either won't be welcomed or treated well to the household. Many unplanned pregnancies happen 18-29 years old not surprisingly. Depending on the parent and how parents raise this kid. The kid will consume about 3 pounds a day, because some people don't eat the 4 pounds.
We will multiply the 3 by 30 and get 90. So this kid eats 90 pounds of food per month in their Child to Senior years.
The average life expectancy of the U.S is 78, we'll do our calculations when they're 10. There are 815 months in 68 years.
We multiply 90 by 68 and we'll get 73,350 pounds of food. Imagine 5 Asian Elephants stacked up on each other. This will only 60,000 pounds. A human costs so much to take care of. If we had the option to get rid of human life I say don't let it go out of use. Say it's ethical or it isn't. In the end. Humans cost so much, and if we have the option to give someone another chance. Another time to think about what they've done and make better decisions about what happen, this will shape them more into an adult. But for now if someone isn't planning of having a kid, and having a kid might ruin their life. Its up to them.
That's why I'm Pro Choice.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
https://www.precisionnutrition.com...
https://www.google.com...
Posted by John_C_1812 3 years ago
John_C_1812
"Why make pregnancy abortion illegal." We do not make pregnancy abortion illegal it is law, the admission to a crime is made. We"re being asked to take part in the crime and have been given no separation by the judicial process or legislation. We do not have to approve of forgive admissions to felony crime publicly, when made medical, or not. The health care community is admitting, then actively taking part in a felony crime by that admittance. The issue medically is the confession is not just a statement that is describing murder it is a violation of their own Hippocratic Oath as well. Which was their warning.

Law is not being impartially enforced in regard to pregnancy abortion, it is only interpreted as a single state, had it been impartially enforced there would be many, many, more doctors, nurses, and lawyers without medical license or law license by the act of admission to the felony crime. Keep in mind the Hippocratic Oath and United States Constitution could have been honored with a term like Female Specific Amputation. In the end this was a show of religious power set against the United States Constitution, a document meant to protect.
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
Abortions should be regulated by the health care community not the law enforcement community.
Law enforcement has never been proven to reduce abortion. So why make it illegal?