Jeter1011
FT

Abortion should be illegal

Jeter1011

Pro

Abortion is the idea of removing a developing fetus in your body due to it being unwanted. I believe that this is immoral and that it is the taking of a human life. It's immoral, gross, and unethical. What gives us the right to take a possible human life? Join me and let's debate!

In this debate we will be discussing Abortion and why it;s ethical and should be allowed or not.
FT

Con

I don't know why it is such a big deal when a human fetus gets aborted at least individually, I will never ever have to worry about becoming an aborted fetus in my lifetime unlike becoming a mentally ill elderly person or having to be forced to feel the pain of pregnancy and birth. You don't see people complaining about aborting fertilized chicken or tapeworm eggs do you? If it is because chickens or tapeworms don't have "souls", the intelligence, or the capacity of suffering of human beings like pro-birthers tell me, how do fetuses with semi-developed brains still get "souls", intelligence, or the capacity to suffer? If it is because it is "unethical", "immoral", explain how it is pragmatic to call abortion unethical or immoral, how does it negatively affect the born who will never become fetuses in there lifetime? Calling me things like evil, gross or immoral for not caring about the human fetus is not an argument. And really, the gross fallacy? And trolling is it? I find pineapple on pizza gross, but is it immoral? I'll let you decide.

If it is because I have to possibly worry being reincarnated as an aborted human fetus, provide proof at least if the fetus, especially at it's early stage of development if it feels any suffering when aborted, especially with the best euthanasia techniques. I honestly find reincarnation a problem to begin with anyway since the memories that make you "you" get wiped out when you die.

If it is because what the fetus will potentially become, like a rockstar or something. Why do you think we don't have unprotected sex and give birth 24-7? Because, you know, the potential.
Jeter1011

Pro

"If it is because what the fetus will potentially become, like a rockstar or something. Why do you think we don't have unprotected sex and give birth 24-7? Because, you know, the potential."

There is a difference in using protection and abortion. Abortion is the killing of a potential life, and a lot of scientists even argue that it is the first stage of being a human! Biologically, Humans have the ability to feel and experience pleasure during sex, which not all organisms are able to do, and with the evolution of our species and our forming of a society and being able to consciously communicate well thought out ideas, sex has been turned into a pleasureful part of human life and isn't always used to reproduce, but can be used for showing your love to one another and so forth. Protected sex prohibits the sperm from fertilizing the egg, and everyone can agree that the sperm contained in a man is not a living organism. However, once the sperm fertilizes the egg and it reaches fetus stage, the fetus is considered by many scientists to be a living organism.

"...how do fetuses with semi-developed brains still get 'souls', intelligence, or the capacity to suffer? "

Killing a fetus is the same thing as killing someone who is mentally impaired or in a coma. A semi-developed brain is not a fully functioning brain, we can both agree on that. But let's take someone who is in a coma, their brain is no longer functioning, they have no intelligence during the coma, and they lose the capacity to suffer, so why not kill them?

"If it is because chickens or tapeworms..."

In regards of chickens, please read the following article:
https://medium.com...

If you take the time to read it, you will realize we are NOT killing innocent baby chickens. As far as tapeworms go, they are what is known as parasites and cause severe damage to animals and do not have the potential nor do they contribute to society.
FT

Con

You pro-birthers all seem to be avoiding this question but let me just ask it again. Why should I care about what happens to a human fetus if I never have to worry about becoming a human fetus in my lifetime, especially when you can remove a fetus painlessly using anesthesia?
Jeter1011

Pro

"Why should I care about what happens to a human fetus if I never have to worry about becoming a human fetus in my lifetime, especially when you can remove a fetus painlessly using anesthesia?"

I think you fail to realize that you were once a fetus yourself. Your parents did not abort you, regardless if they wanted you or not, I know they didn't abort you because you're typing this debate with me.

I asked you a question in the last session of our debate so please answer this: "But let's take someone who is in a coma, their brain is no longer functioning, they have no intelligence during the coma, and they lose the capacity to suffer, so why not kill them?"

Back to you.
FT

Con

I was once an individual egg and sperm, should people stop masturbating due to the trillions of potential sperm, or fertilize every egg in the womb before it periods? Think first.

And read first too, you were the one to answer why animals like chickens and tapeworms are okay to abort as opposed to humans. And if it was because of the value of intelligence, why are animals with supposed sub-human intelligence okay to kill while human fetuses with semi-developed brains are not okay to abort?

And to answer your semi-developed question, of course you would euthanize people in vegetable states. They have no more use than a house plant that feeds on human food and water.
Posted by Jeter1011 3 years ago
Jeter1011
Indeed. Also, Con's arguments were very insulting. He clearly did not ready my arguments as me made the same points in his argument in the final round after I contradicted them. He also said we should put people who are in coma's or vegetable states to sleep. Sigh..
Posted by NeonMatter90 3 years ago
NeonMatter90
It should, A newborn can't consent it's own right to life so why should a Parent? If you do not want your child just put it up for adoption