CameronGorski
The_Dank_Gamer

Abortion should be illegal

CameronGorski has forfeited round #4.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

CameronGorski

Pro

1st round is acceptance I have made 4 rounds so we can still have 3 debating rounds
The_Dank_Gamer

Con

yay, a controversial debate, cool.
CameronGorski

Pro

I'm just going to start off with thank you for accepting my debate challenge.

To start off with my beliefs lets just clarify that abortion is: the ending of pregnancy by removing an embryo or fetus before it can survive outside the uterus.

So why should abortion be illegal? well easy, it's murder, one of, if not, the most common case of it. 1 baby is aborted every 0.7 seconds. there are almost 50million babies aborted per year. So in my eyes abortion is just murder disguised as a right, and I truly believe it is horrific and disgusting. I personally do see the other side of this debate, but I believe everyone deserves a chance at a life no matter what the situation. If the person themselves doesn't want to raise a child it is their fault for getting pregnant most of the time, so adoption is the best option for them. It lets the baby live and in a much happier situation then the baby gets a chance at life.
The_Dank_Gamer

Con

It may have seemed that I was being sarcastic with my acceptance, however, I actually love controversial debates
considering rape only makes up 4% of pregnancies, I'm not going to use that(unlike most pro-choicers)
With the rise of stepsibling(or even just sibling) porn, some people are thinking it is OK, so (possibly) some (wo)men might sneak into the other sibling's room, and impregnate them(selves), this is 1) illegal, 2) possible incest, and 3) gross(my opinion),it is possible that someone might adopt the baby that comes from this, but it is highly unlikely, and the child will probably live a life of sadness, it would be best to spare it this fate.
I will give the rest of my arguments later(so I don't run out in the beginning)
CameronGorski

Pro

Don't worry, I took you seriously in your acceptance.

I thank you for not using the rape claim, it did take away one of my counter arguments if you did use it. Though when I read your claim over and over to fully understand your view the kind of incest you are describing is still rape. You describe a man or woman sneaking into his or her siblings bedroom, and having sex with them. So if the sister did not consent to the action it is rape, but if she did consent it is 1) their fault for not using a condom, 2) consensual sex accepted by both parties where anything could have been done to prevent pregnancy, and if the guy refused to put on a condom and she let it continue it is consensual and her fault, or if she denied, still rape.

You brought up how they MIGHT be adopted, there are many more options, 1) Foster 2) put in an adoption home 3) do it with parents and raise the baby with a parent who has gone through it. So why should abortion be illegal? Abortion as I have already stated is murder, so why if murder is illegal if it is a birthed living being different from an unbirthed living thing. A lot of people make the claim of abortion not being murder because it is just a ball of cells, but as a human what are you? You are just a big clump of cells and blood put together to make a living thing. A baby in the womb is always living in my opinion so I fully believe in birth control but I can never believe in abortion it just isn't right.
The_Dank_Gamer

Con

in a different debate, i said that the fetus does not feel pain until 20 weeks(the source was in the other debate), however, they also don't have a conscious until then, so if something doesn't have a conscious until then, how can it be human? I definitely agree, however, that if it after 20 weeks, it should be illegal, because it would be murder.
I really should stop bringing up the incest argument, it always gets put down