mistergascoyne
sboss18

Abortion

mistergascoyne has forfeited round #2.
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

mistergascoyne

Con

Round 1 = Acceptance
Round 2 = Arguments For/Against Abortion
Round 3 = Rebuttals
sboss18

Pro

I accept. Though I'd like to provide a definition for "abortion" and clarify my stance on the issue.

Abortion: the termination of a pregnancy by removing the fetus or embro from the woman's uterus before it can survive.

In most states, abortion is legal up to around 20 weeks (if I did my research correctly) unless it poses a serious health risk for the woman, in which case exceptions are made to this rule. I will be arguing that we not change the status quo on this issue and that abortion continue to be legal up to around this period of pregnancy.

Best of luck to Con in the coming rounds, and happy debating.