ilona123
DebateState

Abortion

DebateState has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

ilona123

Pro

I will let the opponent start.
Good luck!
DebateState

Con

I guess I'll start. When Having The argument for Pro-life or Pro-Choice, I believe The Argument can be simplified to one question. When Does Life Begin? Most People i have this conversation with dont believe in killing a baby after birth so Is It at Birth? We know that a fetus feels pain somewhere between the 20th and the 27th Week of development so I would Have a hard time believing it isn't alive. So is it before the point when we feel pain? well if you argue that, then you probably think people in comas aren't alive either and i don't support that either. So i'm Interested to hear from your opinion where life begins and i am open to having my mind changed.
ilona123

Pro

I see what you, but as you said, the fetus feels pain between the 20th and 27th week of development. It is alive always because the sperm and ovum are living organism, so the embryo is. But it is not a human being, it is just an organism as a virus is. When you have unneeded virus or cells you can delete them. I am not comparing an embryo to a virus, I am just saying that you should have the opportunity to about without any problems.

I think that every woman has the right to decide if she wants to carry a baby in her body for 9 months. Imagine that you are a woman, and you are raped, would you carry your rapists baby? Obviously the baby has no fault but you neither.

When it comes to abortion, it is a difficult decision, and there are some countries where it is not legal. In my opinion making abortion illegal does not prohibit woman to abort, they still do that but it is more complicated.
Posted by John_C_1812 3 years ago
John_C_1812
No, I disagree the debate cannot be simplified to when life begins, science already defines when life begins through cryogenics of human sperm and embryo. These things are frozen to preserve them as living. The debate is when does independences begin, or is pregnancy abortion an actual self-incriminating confession to admit crime.

We do not have a right to stop the act of confession constitutional. We do have the right to address the wrong in allowing self-incrimination to be transferred to the general public by legislation using an admission of guilt. This effects posterity in several ways.

I do not want to be a guilty witness anymore I think female specific amputation is not a self-incriminating admission. I see no reason why the independent intellectual woman needs to have all woman admit to crime.