Canadian_Patriot
flakypie

Abortion

Canadian_Patriot

Canadian_Patriot

Con

I believe abortion should be illegal as it is a violation of human life. Inside the womb, The child has it's own heartbeat, Blood type and DNA. It also has a zinc powered flash when it is conceived, Indicating the creation of a human life. One cannot argue that a human does not value outside the womb morally, So why do we let mass slaughters take place on the unborn? It is immoral and should be illegal to harm a child, In or out of the womb. I am looking forward to a civil debate, And hope we can both learn off each other's opinions.
flakypie

Pro

Let's say I'm a teenage mom, The victim of an accidental pregnancy, Who do not want to take on the financial and civil responsibility of a child. I can risk childbirth, Give my child up for adoption after it's born, And leave that child to never know it's mother, Or drown in debt and alcohol because I decided to raise it, But the easy option is to abort that child before it becomes "Human" The fetus has potential for life, But at the earliest stages cognitive functions are just starting to develop, And it will be painless and easy for both mother and fetus. What if there are medical complications/deformities? Will the mother risk her own life for a fetus she doesn't want and was going to give up anyway?
Canadian_Patriot

Con

When you have sex, You should assume the risk and the responsibility you may have a child. Personally, I believe sex should only belong in marriage, But that's a whole other topic. Say you were a teen that was pregnant. You should go until it's born as it's a life you created, Whether you choose to accept that fact or not is up to you. I can assure you that there are many people that would be willing to adopt your child, Or you can fall back on your parents or grandparents for support. They may be upset at first, But generally they will see past it and help you bring a new life into the world. Also, You don't have to go into debt and become an alcoholic if you do raise it, And you most definitely won't gain debt as fast if you don't consume copious amounts of alcohol. You mentioned the easy way, But in general, The easy way out isn't the best. The child is a human no matter what stage they're in, Why else would someone who killed a pregnant woman get charged with double murder? It is a selfish decision to end a life for your own comfort, And most, If not all people who receive an abortion feel depression after, And you will need to undergo post-abortion care, Which makes it sound a more painful than you insinuated. In the case of an ectopic pregnancy, That is the only time an abortion is acceptable as it is to save all lives you can, Which would be the mother's, Rather than letting them die. Would you rather we all lived in a false comfort, Or respect human dignity and have some personal responsibility?
flakypie

Pro

flakypie forfeited this round.
Canadian_Patriot

Con

As I have previously stated before, I am against abortion as it takes away someone else's chance at life, Can cause depression and other complications, Is a selfish action and is the killing of an unborn child. I would like to thank FlakyPie for accepting the debate, And look forward to hosting more of these. Also, Thank you to all the active commenters, As it was entertaining to read and reply to those.
flakypie

Pro

flakypie forfeited this round.
Posted by flakypie 3 years ago
flakypie
mkay
Posted by Canadian_Patriot 3 years ago
Canadian_Patriot
flakypie lol, Maybe we will debate at a different time
Posted by flakypie 3 years ago
flakypie
I completely forgot about this debate lol
Posted by Block19 3 years ago
Block19
I would prefer that teenagers remain abstinent, But realistically, That will not happen. We should teach them about safe sexual practices, Abortions, And what assistance programs are available for mothers. That way everyone understand their options, Instead of just trying to bully and scare kids into doing what they consider to be "right".
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
If teaching abstinence is the same as teaching "nothing" about human sexuality, Then it will not work, As the Christians have proven with their abstinence program, In fact it has had the opposite effect. I do not understand what you mean by "bring back strong morals to society". For morality to be progressive, It must move forward not back. But that is an for other discussion. As for society, It has to stop making pregnancies unwanted and abortions the better choice. Simply look at the countries that have succeeded in reducing their abortion numbers.
Posted by Canadian_Patriot 3 years ago
Canadian_Patriot
Hello missmedic,
I do know quite a bit on abortion, However I know more of the pro-life than the pro-choice viewpoint. I know making things illegal never will fully stop something from happening, But reducing the number of the unborn killed is very important to me. Support, Information and counselling can be very helpful in the aspect of helping people learn how to raise a child, And support and care for them. Also, Teaching abstinence will reduce the amount of "unwanted" pregnancies, And prevent the children from harm. Abortion is not a human right, But rather a sick privilege that is decided upon by the morality of society today. I would say overall, People have lost the sense of value in life, With abortion, Euthanasia, Violent games and movies, And school shootings on the rise. If we value human life, And bring back strong morals to society, The world will be a better place, And people will not wish to receive an abortion.
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
con
If you think that law enforcement is a solution to reducing abortions. I think you know little about the subject you debate. The solutions to reducing abortions are, A comprehensive education on human sexuality, Free accessible contraceptives, And a community based counselling, Information and support system. Women"s lives, Health, And basic human rights depend on the availability of abortion, And those are the only factors necessary to justify abortion.
Further, Pregnancy has a major effect on a woman"s body and emotional state, And every pregnancy carries some risk of serious complication or death. The crucial decision to take on that risk"no matter how small"can only be decided by the pregnant woman herself. Not you or law enforcement.
Posted by Block19 3 years ago
Block19
I for one could not see myself asking my wife to ever get an abortion, And would not want my wife to have an abortion. However that is between me and my wife, And not an opinion i would force on other people because, Why would I?
Posted by Masterful 3 years ago
Masterful
A fetus is a template, It has not undergone person hood.
Imagine someone was born in a sensory deprivation tank, There would be no stimulation and the brain would therefore not develop in any significant way, Such a person would be a husk.
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
Many people talk of "balancing" the rights of the woman with the fetus. But it is impossible for two beings in the same body to both enjoy rights. The Supreme Court of Canada stated in Dobson vs Dobson (1999, 2 SCR 753) that the physical unity of a woman and her fetus precludes the imposition of a duty of care on her, Because that would be a profound compromise of her privacy and autonomy. Legal precedents over the last 20 years have more firmly established not only the full rights of pregnant women, But the necessary lack of fetal rights. The Criminal Code says that a fetus does not become a human being until it has completely exited the birth canal, Alive. This definition has withstood the test of time and several legal challenges brought by anti-abortionists.
Vote Placed by Pandanelephant2001 3 years ago
Pandanelephant2001
Canadian_PatriotflakypieTied
Reasons for voting decision: Amazing!!!
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
Canadian_PatriotflakypieTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff over half of the rounds. This is poor conduct.