SpaghettiBoy
kwbc

Abortion

SpaghettiBoy

Con

This debate is about the right of a woman to have an abortion, Which I am against in almost every scenario. I believe that a fetus no matter how far into pregnancy is a human life, Or at the very least a potential human life. Therefore I value it as much as I would value any other life. I will now specify what I think in each scenario I think will come up in the debate if it ever begins.

Rape: I believe that she should not have the right for an abortion as the potential human life had no control over her being raped, And has no actual connections besides blood with the horrid man who had impregnated the woman. My belief is that you should not right a wrong with a wrong. The woman should be encouraged to put the child up for adoption if the presence of the child is hurting her mentally but under no circumstance should she be able to end the chance of the child living it's deserved life.

Chance of death during pregnancy (includes children) : I believe that if there is a high chance of the woman dying, Or if she needs medication to stay alive and the baby could die or will die to save her, It is justified. This is the only circumstance I believe should give her the right to choose.

Accidental impregnation: no brainier to me, No life or potential of a life should be ended because some idiot slipped up, It angers me that women have unsafe sex have a baby then kill it for their own convenience.

As a little tid bit the argument stating the woman has the right to choose what to do with her body is plain dumb and to me it seems like me saying I can murder any child roaming the streets I want because I own my body.

Sorry if I sounded a bit aggressive as this is a topic that gets me a bit heated, Although I sounded pretty angry please if you do respond lets keep this civil <3
kwbc

Pro

I will start by stating my view on abortions and then address your points one by one. I will also be talking about issues within the USA unless brought up by Con.

A) I am pro-choice and pro-abortion (and pro-euthanasia if this becomes relevant) not only because i believe in an individuals right to control their own reproductive system/body, But also because choosing to have a baby should be made under the direct decision of a woman, Not an accident, Unfortunate events or a third party.
I do not think that abortion should be the first line of defense either, It should be the last resort. This is why I believe we should fund proper sex education and easy access birth control.

1) Your opinion that a fertilized egg and fully grown human being the same thing is absurd. One has the potential and the other is at it's full potential and biologically independent of a host.

2) I applaud your consistency in defending rape babies, But forced pregnancy due to rape goes against the womans choice. If you care about the womans long term health then providing her with the choice to terminate the pregnancy to reduce trauma is unethical not only for the woman, But also the child. This why when a woman is raped, She should be provided with a government funded pill to terminate the pregnancy that she can choose to take if she so desires. I should also add that most rapes occur from relatives that may result in genetic disorders that not only increase the probability of a miscarriage and still birth, But also a lifelong disease that will hamper their quality of life.

3) Whether or not the pregnancy was caused by failure to take proper precautions during sex or the failure of the birth control (condom, Spermicide, Pills, Etc. ), The female should be allowed to terminate the pregnancy. Ever since the introduction of easily available contraceptives, The amount of pregnancies and abortions have steadily decreased [1]. You also act as if women get abortions regularly like groceries which is not the case.

4) When talking about abortions, Most people talk about a first and early second trimester abortion. Hardly anyone supports a late stage abortion and the statistics prove it. According to the CDC, 91. 1% of abortions performed were done at/before 13 weeks, 7. 6% were done between 14-20 weeks and 1. 3% were done after 21 weeks in 2015. There was a total reported number of over six Hundered eight thousand abortions performed in 2015 in women between the ages between 15-44 years. Even if they did decide to use abortions as their only means of prevention, That's their choice.

5) No need to apologize for a topic you are passionate about. Just be sure to not let emotions get in the way.

B) My question for you now is this. Would you be in favor of making abortion illegal for everyone excluding cases where the mothers life is in danger or would you simply limit its access? If you are in favor of making it illegal, What would the punishment be for getting one? Also would you be fine with women willingly going to dangerous, Unregulated backroom abortions where serious injuries and death are more likely to happen.

C) If you do care about the kids after they are born then what do you recommend to do with the already saturated and dangerous foster system? We have over Four Hundred Thousand kids in the foster system and we would have over a million if all the abortions were given to adoption. Abuse is rampant in those systems, So would that be a better fate you wouldn't mind them facing?
SpaghettiBoy

Con

SpaghettiBoy forfeited this round.
kwbc

Pro

kwbc forfeited this round.
SpaghettiBoy

Con

SpaghettiBoy forfeited this round.
kwbc

Pro

kwbc forfeited this round.
Posted by Nihlism 3 years ago
Nihlism
look at the arguments made by Grobbit on this debate
https://www. Debate. Org/debates/Abortion-Should-Be-Illegal-in-MOST-cases/1/
Posted by John_C_1812_II 3 years ago
John_C_1812_II
So you are saying you are in favor of some woman being signed out publicly by other woman by use of admission/ accusation?
Or are you saying you simply do not see this legal issue because it is tangled up with the use of lethal force?