thesocraticmethodman
UltimateGenius

Abortion

thesocraticmethodman

Con

Abortion is bad.
UltimateGenius

Pro

There are many good and bad sides to abortion, But just like everything, There is no black and white, Just a whole range of gray.

Abortion is one way that poverty can decrease. Most unplanned teen pregnancies that lead to child birth, Lead to either the child being sent to adoption, Or the family being sent into poverty. That is because raising a child is expensive and some parents are just not mature enough. I would not want to live in a world where children are living their entire sad lives in poverty instead of less children living in more richness.

Abortion also has its consequences. The parents who get an abortion are usually called out by their friends for killing their own child. That alone is enough to discourage abortion for most.

That leads us to the ethical values of abortion. Even though abortion is logical in every way, The rules of ethics say that killing an unborn child is bad because it is like killing a child.

Just like how Thanos (from Avengers: Infinity War) wanted to kill half the universe so that the other half can live a life filled with happiness, Abortion prevents entire families from going broke and allows them to have children later in life that can live a rich life.

But like I said, There is not black and white, Just a range of gray. Abortion should be the choice of the parents, Not others.

Good luck to you.
thesocraticmethodman

Con

I think you have some very strong arguments here. I also don't want kids to live their lives in poverty. However, Are you saying that you still think it is justifiable despite the fact that it is the killing of a human person? Im interested as to what your definition of abortion is.
UltimateGenius

Pro

My definition of abortion in this scenario is when a mother or father is so immature, Poor, Unready, Or psycho that she/he decides to kill their unborn baby.

I think it is justifiable for a mother to have an abortion because it would spare a child from living with the mother that would have aborted the child. An abortion is a definition of killing, But the baby did not yet develop a consciousness, Therefore it doesn't yet have feelings. Also, We willingly kill our own species in wars, Why can't we make an exception for this?

I also might be completely wrong, And there are better option than abortion, But I also might be right. I can be both right and wrong, One can never be sure.

By the way, I used all my arguments in the first round, So I am just restating my points.
thesocraticmethodman

Con

You bring up some great points but help me to better understand them. What you're saying is that you must be immature, Poor, Unready or Psycho in order to take a human life? So in the case of John Lennon we shouldn't prosecute because Chapman was psycho or Batmans parents killer because he was poor. In a war the options are kill or be killed it is self defense. Unborn children cannot defend themselves so it is up to us to stand up for them.
UltimateGenius

Pro

Those examples you mention killed for malicious purposes, And if they didn't kill, They would have remained the same. Parents who abort do it so that they can remain where they are; if they don't abort, They would collapse financially, And they don't want that to happen. As for those who are already collapsed, They would gain nothing from killing other than more collapse, Therefore they are killing just for killing, And that should be punished.

However, You are right; just because you are immature, Poor, Unready, Or psycho doesn't mean you have the right to take a human life, But that only applies for people where killing doesn't benefit you and the world around you.

To how the world around you is affected: if you are poor, The economy suffers, So if the reason you are poor is because of not aborting, Then the baby is the reason for some economic suffering. While that might seem to not matter because of minority, Every single person that suffers financially, Ruins the economy.

There are other reasons why abortion is beneficial, But those reasons are cruel and sadistic, So I am not going to mention them.
thesocraticmethodman

Con

thesocraticmethodman forfeited this round.
UltimateGenius

Pro

I really enjoyed this debate, It was the first one of mine that lasted more than two rounds. Please tell me if you have anymore points or questions for me.
thesocraticmethodman

Con

UltimateGenius

Pro

UltimateGenius forfeited this round.
Posted by politicsfortherun 3 years ago
politicsfortherun
I understand that, I just can"t get over the fact you are killing a baby. I don"t think that"s right by any standards.
Posted by UltimateGenius 3 years ago
UltimateGenius
I said that there will be ethical problems, But some rules must be broken so that the other children could live in economic wealth while no child lives through the horrors of adoption.

I am not adopted, But I know that adoption locations don't allow as much leniency as a normal family because of the many small, Annoying children over a few irritated adults with regrets. Or

Abortion is good as to not let a child live in sadness

So you must not look at something in one way, But rather look at it from every way.
Posted by politicsfortherun 3 years ago
politicsfortherun
So killing a baby is ok? Oh wait. But it"s "not a baby". Right! Cause when you look at the pregnancy test, And it says your pregnant, Your pregnant with something, But it"s not a baby! Right that makes perfect sense. I agree with Con, Although he needs to step up his responses.