roselilly
IvanC

Abortions

IvanC has forfeited round #2.

roselilly

Pro

There is nothing wrong for a woman to go and have an abortion. It is purely her decision, and it is her baby, so she should be able to decide.
IvanC

Con

I am arguing against abortion. The decision should not be the choice of the mother since the baby is another being. Abortion would be taking the life of another. If the death penalty is inhumane where death is given to criminals, how is it right to end the life of baby who neither has done anything wrong nor has the ability to even say no. If a woman cannot support her baby there are alternatives such as permanent adoption or putting the child up for temporary adoption if the reason for abortion is financial struggle or being too young. If you want a permant choice, putting the child for adoption may be the solution.
roselilly

Pro

There is nothing wrong with adoption. What I am saying, is that its is the mothers decision. It is just a fetus, its not a baby yet, and if the woman was raped, she should have every reason to get rid of the baby. She may not want anything related to the rapist growing inside of her. Or if a woman got pregnant but doesn't know who the father is. Why go through 9 months of suffering just to put the child up for adoption? The child would only grow up not even knowing who their real mother is and have a sad life. Not all kids even get adopted.
The only option is abortion. Besides, it's her decision. Her baby. So who are we to judge?
Posted by asta 6 months ago
asta
Science has confirmed that a fetus is a person. A fetus has all the necessary chromosomes to be alive and they meet all the necessary criteria to be alive.

If the woman gets raped, she can get restitution that the government would take from the rapist and give to the rape victim(I'm thinking $250,000). This does 3 good things.

It keeps the fetus alive, it punishes the rapist(a lot) for his crime and it rewards the rape victim(a lot) because now even though she endures 9 months of pregnancy, she won't have to endure 9 years of student loans that probably would have existed if she wasn't raped.

http://www.adopt.org... states that over 94% of foster kids get adopted within 4 years of their arrival. The child probably won't care, I know 3 foster people, and none of them act depressed.
Posted by roselilly 9 months ago
roselilly
post the first argument
Posted by IvanC 9 months ago
IvanC
Thank you for the debate Roselilly. I have accepted your debate so my question is if I should post my first argument or post my acceptance. Thank you