Chief_Sunboyz
Indagator_veritatis

Affirmative Action

Chief_Sunboyz

Con

Hi! I'm going to be taking a stance against affirmative action in this debate & have listed what each round will consist of as well as definitions below.

Format:
Round 1: Greetings/Acceptance (No arguments)
Round 2: Opening Statement/Claim
Round 3: Backup Claim/Rebuttal Round
Round 4: Refutation Round

Definition of Affirmative Action:
"A policy in which an individual's color, Race, Sex, Religion or national origin are taken into account to increase opportunities provided to said individual"

So pretty much a Lincoln Douglas Debate in text. I've bumped up the character limit to the 5000 so feel free to rant a bit 😊
Indagator_veritatis

Pro

Hello there Chief_Sunboyz! I see this is both our first debate, So I wish you the best of luck!
Chief_Sunboyz

Con

Since it's not letting me post my full argument on here (even though it meets all limits), I'm going to leave a link:

https://Doc Google Com/document/d/1F3HTZVzWeeuf7unMAb_lcE-vsj3KEO_yzCPlydpFRus/edit? Usp=sharing
Indagator_veritatis

Pro

In this second round, I"ll be making the claim that affirmative action is a necessary evil for our society. Though I was not able to view your argument, I"m sure we"ll get the bugs fixed.

Though a policy that looks at something that someone has no choice of the matter in seeming skewed and biased, It is sadly still needed in both the workplace as well as in colleges and universities. Though I, As well as the rest of the people here, Would love to say we have a fully equal society, The facts of the matter are that we do not have one. Racism and sexism have been decreasing, But they are still prevalent. In a way to uproot the evil (I"m sure we can all agree that racism and sexism are evil) is to have a stronger integration against the oppressed in this situation. As a result of this, Adding different perspectives can help foster innovation, Growth, And progress of our economy and society as a whole. Doing this can also help people get out of unsavory economic and societal positions, Leading to more equality in our society as a whole. Though I am not saying race, Sex, Religion, Gender identity and national origin should be the only things taken into account to increase the opportunities provided to said individual; it should help the person in the diversity they bring. One thing seen in practicing this is that there will only be a specific narrative brought to a specific place, That is wrong. By saying this, Caucasian Christians should be considered just as much as Daoist Russian Immigrants if it"s aiming to help both the institution as well as the person themselves.
Chief_Sunboyz

Con

Chief_Sunboyz forfeited this round.
Indagator_veritatis

Pro

Indagator_veritatis forfeited this round.
Chief_Sunboyz

Con

Chief_Sunboyz forfeited this round.
Indagator_veritatis

Pro

Posted by Chief_Sunboyz 3 years ago
Chief_Sunboyz
My argument isn't posting for some reason. It meets the word limit & has no links so idk