Purushadasa
Caden335

All Human Beings (Including You) Are Obsessed with God

Caden335

Purushadasa

Pro

Believers in atheist Dogma think about God all the time -- how strange! If they actually believed that God didn't exist, then they would never give him a second thought. The belief in atheist Dogma is not motivated by any valid argument or evidence -- it is motivated solely by an irrational hatred for God. In fact, God has made his factual existence known, with absolute certainty, to all human beings: All believers in atheist Dogma are constantly thinking about God, all agnostics are constantly thinking about God, and all Theists and Theological Realists are also constantly thinking about God too: All human beings, without exception, are constantly thinking about God, day in and day out, and the only rational explanation for this fact is that God actually exists in reality and the belief in atheist Dogma is false.

No matter what your worldview, it is truly and undeniably ALL ABOUT GOD.

Related short video:
Caden335

Con

The atheists only think of ideas such as the so-called 'God' when he has been mentioned, or when passing his churches, as the buildings and words are mentally linked to the idea, so by thinking of one, you think of the other. No one is really obsessed with him, even the most devout people, including you, think of him when you want something, or you are praying for your food, thanking him for the things farmers gave you. How bad they must feel.

If everyone was obsessed with him, no work would ever be done, and humanity would be unable to support itself.

Also consider that other religions never give him a second thought, such as Taoism and Hinduism

The only reason people in some countries think about him so much is because he is mentioned in so much:
A) The Boy Scout Oath: "And Do My Duty To God And My Country"
B) The Pledge Of Allegiance: "One Nation Under God"
So, no one is totally obsessed with him, and the most devout don't think of him all the time
Purushadasa

Pro

All human beings -- including you -- are obsessed with God.

Someone wrote:

"Also consider that other religions never give him a second thought, such as Taoism and Hinduism"

First of all, religions cannot think -- only people can think.

Also, Hindu is an ethnicity, not a religion or a faith.

Here are just a few examples, provided by my opponent, of people exhibiting obsession with God:

All human beings, including my opponent, are obsessed with God.

My opponent has chosen to engage in a debate about God specifically because he is obsessed with God, just as all other human beings are obsessed with God.

Caden335

Con

You make some good points, but I engaged in this debate because I am tired of you blabbering on about 'God'. And yes, religions can't give a thought, but, when I say religions, I mean as a whole, its believers. Most people have some deity, but many people only think about it because they are uncomfortable with people such as you blabbering on. You made some good points, but, not everyone is obsessed with God. I barely think about it. I know most atheists don't think about it. How many atheists do you actually know however? You seem very religious, I doubt you would have us nearby you.

You said that the Pledge and Oath prove it. They just prove that the people who are religious wrote that.

Besides, what is your definition of 'god'?

If everyone was obsessed with him, why are there so little churches? There would have to be enough for everyone. If you are going to say anything, at least make sense when you say it. Unlike now.
Purushadasa

Pro

My opponent (who is so obsessed with God that he freely chose to engage in a debate about God) wrote:

"I am tired of you blabbering on about 'God'. "

Your very tiredness about that specific thing as opposed to some other thing is evidence that you yourself are also obsessed with God: I am positively obsessed with God, and you are negatively obsessed with God, but make no mistake -- you and I are both obsessed with God.

If you weren't also obsessed with God, then my so-called "blabbering" about God wouldn't bother you in the least bit.

" when I say religions, I mean as a whole, its believers."

You are a believer in the religion known as atheist Dogma.

" because they are uncomfortable"

The only reason you are "uncomfortable" with people talking about God is that you are negatively obsessed with God.

Also, the fact that there are so many people "blabbering on," as you say, about God, is more evidence for my point that all human beings are obsessed with God.

"not everyone is obsessed with God.'

The fact that you yourself keep blabbering on about God (as in your above statement) is proof positive that you are indeed obsessed with God, just as I said you are.

" I barely think about it."

You were thinking about God when you wrote that statement, actually.

" I know most atheists don't think about it. "

There is no such thing as an atheist, actually, but you were thinking about God when you wrote that statement anyway, so it proves my point.

"How many atheists do you actually know however?"

Zero -- there is no such thing as an atheist.

" You seem very religious, I doubt you would have us nearby you."

I have no religion, but you are correct -- there are no atheists anywhere, so there are obviously none near me.

"Besides, what is your definition of 'god'?"

"My" definition of God??? I am not the owner of a dictionary-printing company.

Also, you were thinking about God when you wrote that.

Actually, you were thinking about God before you ever heard about me, you have been thinking about God throughout this entire debate, and you will still be thinking about God long after you have forgotten about me: You are clearly obsessed with God, just as I said you are.

"If everyone was obsessed with him"

You were thinking about God when you wrote that.

", why are there so little churches? "

Because all people (including you) think about God constantly, whether they are in Church or not.

I won this debate, thanks to you proving how personally obsessed you are with God -- thanks for your assistance! =)
Caden335

Con

First off, it bothers me because half the debates on debate.org are on this topic. Second off, I have almost never thought of him till I saw you fill debate.org with your nonsense. And atheism is not a religion, it is the absence of religion. "There is no such thing as an atheist" That is a matter of belief. You might be so obsessed with 'god', you see the least mention of it as someone being obsessed. I just want to pop your bubble.

And give proof that God is real. I noted that you said something like 'without god, there would be no moral law" Incorrect, humans set up a moral law and use it and heaven to enforce it.

If I was obsessed, I would set up debates about this, not agree to one of the only debates that actually apply.

And in comments, you noted that the word atheist is related to it. Of course it is, to be the opposite, you say I am not it. Hence the prefix -a. Not theist is the closest definition. What would you like us to call ourselves?
Purushadasa

Pro

My opponent wrote:

"First off, it bothers me because"

It bothers you because you are obsessed with God: If you weren't, then debates about God wouldn't bother you, or even interest you, in the least bit. Actually, you are very, very attracted to debates about God because you love talking about God. You love talking about God because you are personally obsessed with God.

" half the debates on debate.org are on this topic."

Half the debates on this website are on the topic of God because all human beings are obsessed with God -- and that includes you. Thank you for providing more evidence for my side of this debate.

" Second off, I have almost never thought of him "

You were thinking about God when you wrote that, actually. You were thinking about God long before you ever even heard of me, you have been thinking about God throughout this entire debate, and you will still be thinking about God long after you have forgotten about me.

"a religion,"

The belief in atheist Dogma is your religion, actually.

" it is the absence of religion."

I have no religion, but you do -- your religion is the belief in atheist Dogma.

"You might be so obsessed with 'god'"

Yes, I am, and so are you, obviously -- you keep blabbering on about God. Actually, all human beings are obsessed with God, and this clearly includes you.

"proof that God is real."

You were thinking about God when you wrote that, and you were thinking about God before you even knew I existed.

Also, without God, there could be no proof for anything.

"If I was obsessed, I would set up debates about this, not agree to one of the only debates that actually apply."

Your deliberate acceptance of this debate is clear evidence that you yourself are definitely obsessed with God, actually: If you were not obsessed with God, then you would be debating some other subject instead of God, but you freely chose to debate about God. I didn't force you to accept this particular debate -- that was 100% your choice, and you freely and deliberately chose this particular debate, which is all about God, because you are personally obsessed with God.

"And in comments, you noted that the word atheist is related to it. Of course it is, to be the opposite, you say I am not it. Hence the prefix -a. Not theist is the closest definition. What would you like us to call ourselves?"

I am very happy that you deliberately choose to call yourself a name that includes one of God's holy names, as opposed to choosing a name that does not mention God. (Theos is the Greek name for God). Your deliberate choice in that regard is further proof that you are indeed obsessed with God.
Caden335

Con

Half the debates are about the so-called 'god' because you wrote them.

Atheism is the absence of religion, saying there is no deity, no supreme being, governing our lives

You can argue all you want, but arguing on an idea, with no concrete proof, is a failure waiting to happen. Science has proved that there is no supreme being, because all that has a beginning has an end.

And do you understand that every other debate topic is taken, to do a debate, I have to do this subject, the most repulsive ever.

And no one thinks about it constantly, otherwise they would get nothing done. I have never seen someone, but a priest, carry a bible around.

I am only thinking about it now because you brought it up. Please argue about something else. And by the way, humans are not insignificant.
Purushadasa

Pro

My opponent wrote:

"Half the debates are about the so-called 'god' because you wrote them."

LOL -- I have already admitted that I am obsessed with God. My position is that all human beings are obsessed with God, so your above statement is evidence in favor of my position, not yours.

The fact that you noticed and it bothered you so much is evidence for the fact that you are also obsessed with God

"Atheism is the absence of religion"

Your religion is the belief in atheist Dogma.

Also, I have no religion, but I certainly do not adhere to so-called "atheism" or to the belief in atheist Dogma.

Also, the very word "atheism," which you yourself chose to write, is ultimately a reference to God, which proves that you are obsessed with God (Theos is the Greek name for God).

, "saying there is no deity, no supreme being, governing our lives"

Whenever anyone makes that claim, he or she is thinking about God, just as you are thinking about God right now. This is clear evidence that you and everyone else who makes such claims are obsessed with God.

"supreme being, because all that has a beginning has an end."

"I have to do this subject, the most repulsive ever."

The fact that you are specifically repulsed by the subject of God as opposed to some other subject is a clear indication that you are negatively obsessed with God -- you are constantly providing clear evidence in favor of my position in this debate, and for that, I thank you. =)

"And no one thinks about it constantly,"

Actually, everyone thinks about God constantly. In fact, you were thinking about God when you wrote that.

"I have never seen someone, but a priest, carry a bible around."

The fact that you were looking specifically to see if someone other than a Priest carries a Holy Bible around, as opposed to looking for something unrelated to God, is evidence that you are personally obsessed with God.

"I am only thinking about it now because you brought it up"

Actually, you were thinking about God long before you even knew I existed, and you will continue to think about God long after you forget about me. That is because you, just like all other human beings, are obsessed with God.

" Please argue about something else."

The only reason why it bothers you that I choose to argue about God is that you are also personally obsessed with God yourself: If you weren't personally obsessed with God, then my choice to argue about God would not bother you, or even interest you, in the least. Actually, you are very interested in the subject of God, and your constant blabbering about God during this debate is sufficient proof of that fact.

Also, the only reason why you freely chose to engage in this particular debate, which is all about God, is that you are personally obsessed with God.
Caden335

Con

And no one thinks about it constantly, otherwise they would get nothing done. I have never seen someone, but a priest, carry a bible around. I just look to see if they have books

Please give proof
Posted by Purushadasa 3 years ago
Purushadasa
Some ignorant troll wrote:

"Purushadasa you say you have no belief, so are you not obsessed with God??"

All human beings are obsessed with God, actually.
Posted by Purushadasa 3 years ago
Purushadasa
Avery, my job is jamming the hobnail boot of truth right up your ignorant, turd-stuffed atheistic backside.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
are apes included?
Posted by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
I would accept this debate, but you have to relax the criteria.
Posted by AveryGaleson 3 years ago
AveryGaleson
do you even have a job
Posted by DrCereal 3 years ago
DrCereal
I would take this debate if it weren't 5 rounds.
The argument would be finished after my first rebuttal to this nonsense.
Posted by FanboyMctroll 3 years ago
FanboyMctroll
Purushadasa you say you have no belief, so are you not obsessed with God??
Posted by Purushadasa 3 years ago
Purushadasa
God directly affects life, and God also directly affects belief and disbelief in God.

I have no beliefs.
Posted by platoandaristotle 3 years ago
platoandaristotle
Belief in God affects life.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
PurushadasaCaden335Tied