TheoEkman
Duke1990

All drugs should be legalised, change my mind.

Duke1990 has forfeited round #2.
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

TheoEkman

Pro

I believe that all drugs should be legalised, whether it is dangerous or not, is irrelevant

I challenge anyone to change my mind.

The only downside I see with the legalisation of drugs is that there might be <1% of more drug addicts.
Duke1990

Con

Legalising drugs is very ominous!
Here is a summary of why not to legalise all drugs:

*Productivity costs to the economy
*Negative social aspects
*Addiction leads to crime
*Legalising drugs will shift the deaths associated with gang/cartel/mafia warfare to drug overdoses
*Impact to family and individual wealth
*Impact to family and individual well being
*Health care costs will sky-rocket
*General tax payers will be impacted due to the shift of money being fueled into health care costs and in turn neglecting other areas of focus that have proved positive social impacts such as medical and science research, infrastructure
*Driving under the influence of drugs will increase; which will lead to increase fatalities on the road

As a society we need to focus on areas that will improve society, not hinder the progress and especially impose an unnecessary evil that will corrupt people. We need remember as humans we are vulnerable, and have moments of weakness that result in regrets.

Lets look at a comparison of American gun laws V's Australian and United Kingdom gun laws. America has profound negative implications with guns literally being passed around like air around society, just look at all the mass shootings. Compare that to Australia and United Kingdom, for example the last mass shooting (massacre) in Australia was in the mid-to late 90s (Port Arthur Massacre); since more regulated gun laws no such event has occurred. I guess my fundamental argument in this paragraph is that when something, that may cause or have negative implications in society, is readily available it will do so, and on a grand scale. And even people that are morally opposed to consuming drugs, will have moments of weakness and this could irreversible regret.

You might argue that legalising all drugs might be safer, because there would regulation and the chemical composition be in turn regulated, and hence deaths resulting from dud drugs could reduce; this might be accurate, but my above arguements would superseed that as mortality would increase due to utilising the substance even if it chemical composition was stable for a human to consume.
TheoEkman

Pro

I do not want free health care, but I do want the people doing drugs to be offered psychological help. But free health care is another discussion.

Driving while on drugs should be illegal. Just as it is today. But all your arguments seem to be standing on one belief: If we legalise heroin, everybody is going to use heroin!
Well, how many people reading this would start using heroin if it were legal? I bet nobody would start using it just because it would be legal. Nobody think like this: oh I cant take care of myself, and I don't want to use drugs, so I need the governments laws to take care of me!
Nobody see the law as an obstacle for drugs, you either want to do drugs, or you don't. There is nowhere in between. Simple as that. My point is that there wont be a large amount of people who start doing drugs just because it will become legal, and that is what your arguments seem to be based upon.

1 in 3 adults have been doing illegal drugs at some point in their lives. I don't think that anybody would think that 1 in 3 adults have been suffering from all those negative aspects of drugs that you just mentioned. Which means that you are taking a bunch of exceptional and extremely rare cases, in order to prove that all cases of drugs are bad.

There is a really big and important difference of guns and drugs. If the rate of drug use goes up and down, there that wont be a big problem, since it is only hurting the drug users themselves (actually, a very small proportion of the drug users). But if the rate of gun violence goes up, we have got a really big problem at our hands. Guns are made to harm other people, while drugs are made either for medical reasons, or for an experience. A man has his own choice if he would like to do drugs or not, but no man has a choice if he will be shot by a gun or not.

The legalisation of drugs would in my opinion stop the development of new, less expensive and potentially more dangerous drugs. Take cocaine for example. The main reason that cocaine got as popular as it did, was because of the high marijuana prices. If the marijuana price would have been lower, cocaine would have never been popular. That brings the question, why were the marijuana price so high? The answer to that question is that it were illegal. If marijuana would have been legal, the price would have been low thanks to competition. But since it were illegal, it got harder to sell, so the drug dealers could set a higher price. By then, the demand for a new, less expensive, and potentially more dangerous drug also went up.

So my point is, the more money we put into the war on drugs, the harder it get for the drug dealers, forcing the price to go up and forcing a faster development of new, cheap, and more powerful drugs. This is the reason for so called internet drugs today. If the price would be low, nobody would develop new drugs, because there is no demand for it.

I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his or her own way.
Posted by bmdrocks21 3 years ago
bmdrocks21
Same question six times? I'm beginning to sense a pattern.....
Posted by TKDB 3 years ago
TKDB
TheoEkman/
vi_spex:

Still no comments?
Posted by TKDB 3 years ago
TKDB
Do you realize that you have posed this debate question 6 times?

Do you maybe work for a pro recreational weed oriented organization?

Maybe an advocacy or an activist group?

Are you maybe using this present website to possibly influence, persuade, or to coax the public, with your pro drug opinion?
Posted by TKDB 3 years ago
TKDB
vi_spex: "You cant overdose on marijuana.. takes 10 kilos to kill a rat with thc."

Do you maybe have any unbiased non pro weed information to back up your statement with?

Are you maybe a doctor or nurse, or maybe a medic?
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
You cant overdose on marijuana.. takes 10 kilos to kill a rat with thc
Posted by TKDB 3 years ago
TKDB
Isn't this your 3rd debate, with the same posed question?

Who is helping you out with your repeated preparation?

NORML?

The Cannabist?

High Times?

Maybe the NAACP, ACLU, maybe the marijuana industry itself?

TheoEkman: WHY not reach out to these websites and see if they might SUPPORT your pro drug ideological stance?

Have you posed the same question to Parents Opposed to Pot? (This website has articles like these to educate the public with:

THE TRUTH OF DEATHS CAUSED BY MARIJUANA OVERDOSE

THE COMMON ELEMENT IN THESE SUICIDES: MARIJUANA

10 MYTHS MARIJUANA ADVOCATES WANT YOU TO BELIEVE

Above the Influence?

calmca.org/ Citizens Against Legalized Marijuana?
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
in here
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
I dont like these debates, i rather like an open conversation and there are only 5 rounds here, when i do debates i do it if i believe it wont be more than 5 rounds
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Nah im alright
Posted by TheoEkman 3 years ago
TheoEkman
If you would like to have a debate, please accept this then ;)