nonprophet
Ajab

All psychics are frauds

Voting Style: Open with Elo Restrictions Point System: Select Winner

nonprophet

Pro

No voting debate
First round is for acceptance only
Ajab

Con

I thank nonprophet for looking past my age and challenging me,
I accept this debate.
nonprophet

Pro

A psychic is a person who claims to have an ability to perceive information hidden from the normal senses through extrasensory perception (ESP), or who is said by others to have such abilities.

In 1988, the U.S. National Academy of Sciences gave a report on the subject and concluded there is "no scientific justification from research conducted over a period of 130 years, for the existence of parapsychological phenomena."

There are several techniques used by self-described psychics to give the illusion that they do indeed, have psychic abilities. They include:
prestidigitation, cold reading, and hot reading.

Prestidigitation is also known as "Sleight of hand" and is used by magicians to  manipulate objects such as cards.

Cold Reading consists of analyzing a person's body language, age, clothing or fashion, hairstyle, gender, sexual orientation,
religion, race or ethnicity, level of education, manner of speech, place of origin, etc., in order to quickly obtain a great deal of
information about the person they are trying to convince. These techniques convince people that the reader knows
much more about them than they actually do.

Hot Reading is just getting personal information about a person before meeting them in person. This can be done on the internet
by use of collaborators who work for the "psychic".

By using these three techniques, it can become very easy for an experienced user of these techniques to convince somebody
that they are indeed "psychic".

Many psychics prey upon people who have recently lost loved ones and have a desire to communicate with them. Their desire
and emotional state of mind, makes them very susceptible to gullibility.

The scientific community does not have sufficiently verified evidence for scientific acceptance, and there exist
many non-paranormal alternative explanations for claimed instances of psychic events.

In conclusion, it would be fair to say that all psychics are frauds.

Ajab

Con

I hope you can forgive me this one round, I am not well. Please give me a day, I promise to write my arguments next round. If you would allow we can have this debate again after a few days.
nonprophet

Pro

I'll skip saying anything this round. Feel better. If you are still sick after the debate ends, we'll call it a tie.
Ajab

Con

nonprophet I am so sorry, I am still sick. I hope we can re do this debate. I am honestly very very sorry. I know you worked hard on your argument. Thank you for the challenge.
Posted by Defro 7 years ago
Defro
I'm not trying to get you to do anything. I'm "respectfully" conceding and saying that I would like to debate this and I am perfectly fine with no votes.
Posted by nonprophet 7 years ago
nonprophet
"How did 90 something people all manage to offend him?" Just go to the comment sections of all of my debates and read how.
Posted by nonprophet 7 years ago
nonprophet
Right. That's disrespecting the way I set up my debates. If you don't like the way i set up my debates, you are welcome to set up your own, not try to dictate how I set up mine.
If you want to get me to change my debates to your liking, that's disrespect for my right to set up my debates the way I like.
Posted by AngelofDeath 7 years ago
AngelofDeath
@defro
Thats what i was thinking... How did 90 something people all manage to offend him?
Posted by Defro 7 years ago
Defro
If you will recall, you blocked me AFTER I claimed you were butt-hurt, because it upset me that you would block me just for requesting for voters.
Posted by nonprophet 7 years ago
nonprophet
"Very well then. I'd like to debate this topic with you and I am perfectly fine with no voters."
Very funny
"I'd be willing to accept this debate if you allow voting."

You earned my block with the disrespectful question, "Why are you so butt-hurt?"

Hope that teaches you a lesson.
Posted by Defro 7 years ago
Defro
Ok. So explain to me how I have harassed or disrespected you?
Posted by nonprophet 7 years ago
nonprophet
@AngelofDeath If someone harasses me or disrespects me, I block their privileged to debate with me, That's not running away. That's giving them what they deserve.

If I'm wrong I'll admit it.
Posted by nonprophet 7 years ago
nonprophet
Discussions aren't one on one with rounds. Nice try.
Posted by AngelofDeath 7 years ago
AngelofDeath
@nonprophet
I dont think its begging so much as people trying to prove you wrong....

And its the same people you blocked that are trying to debate you because you're running away from them instead of standing up to them