nonprophet
Ajab

All psychics are frauds

Voting Style: Open with Elo Restrictions Point System: Select Winner

nonprophet

Pro

No voting debate
First round is for acceptance only
Ajab

Con

I thank nonprophet for looking past my age and challenging me,
I accept this debate.
nonprophet

Pro

A psychic is a person who claims to have an ability to perceive information hidden from the normal senses through extrasensory perception (ESP), or who is said by others to have such abilities.

In 1988, the U.S. National Academy of Sciences gave a report on the subject and concluded there is "no scientific justification from research conducted over a period of 130 years, for the existence of parapsychological phenomena."

There are several techniques used by self-described psychics to give the illusion that they do indeed, have psychic abilities. They include:
prestidigitation, cold reading, and hot reading.

Prestidigitation is also known as "Sleight of hand" and is used by magicians to  manipulate objects such as cards.

Cold Reading consists of analyzing a person's body language, age, clothing or fashion, hairstyle, gender, sexual orientation,
religion, race or ethnicity, level of education, manner of speech, place of origin, etc., in order to quickly obtain a great deal of
information about the person they are trying to convince. These techniques convince people that the reader knows
much more about them than they actually do.

Hot Reading is just getting personal information about a person before meeting them in person. This can be done on the internet
by use of collaborators who work for the "psychic".

By using these three techniques, it can become very easy for an experienced user of these techniques to convince somebody
that they are indeed "psychic".

Many psychics prey upon people who have recently lost loved ones and have a desire to communicate with them. Their desire
and emotional state of mind, makes them very susceptible to gullibility.

The scientific community does not have sufficiently verified evidence for scientific acceptance, and there exist
many non-paranormal alternative explanations for claimed instances of psychic events.

In conclusion, it would be fair to say that all psychics are frauds.

Ajab

Con

I hope you can forgive me this one round, I am not well. Please give me a day, I promise to write my arguments next round. If you would allow we can have this debate again after a few days.
nonprophet

Pro

I'll skip saying anything this round. Feel better. If you are still sick after the debate ends, we'll call it a tie.
Ajab

Con

nonprophet I am so sorry, I am still sick. I hope we can re do this debate. I am honestly very very sorry. I know you worked hard on your argument. Thank you for the challenge.
Posted by Defro 7 years ago
Defro
What do you mean by "no voting debate"?
Posted by nonprophet 7 years ago
nonprophet
@Wylted I thought you said you stopped acting childish.
Posted by Wylted 7 years ago
Wylted
"Not afraid" lol. You know I can prove psychics real.
Posted by nonprophet 7 years ago
nonprophet
I'm not "afraid". You should have thought about the consequences of being banned when you first earned your ban to begin with.
Posted by Wylted 7 years ago
Wylted
All psychics are not frauds. If you weren't afraid to debate me I'd prove it.