AKMath
TRUMPMAGADONALD

America Is Better Than Every Other Country

TRUMPMAGADONALD

AKMath

Pro

Rules:

To disprove my claim give me a country that you believe is better than America.
(Don't do Norway as I've already shredded that country from being better)

No arguments like: It's an opinion.
TRUMPMAGADONALD

Con

Literally every country that has age of consent below 18.
What good is the country if I can't have sex with a beautiful 14 year-old girl? Well, maybe I wouldn't go that old. I prefer 4 year-olds. But a lot of countries have ages of consent below 18 and that's why they are better than the United States.
AKMath

Pro

I disagree. The older the better as the person is more informed and the chance of an unplanned pregnancy goes way down. Please put forth a real argument, please.

P.S. That's messed up! >:(
TRUMPMAGADONALD

Con

>The older the better as the person is more informed and the chance of an unplanned pregnancy goes way down.
The chance of unplanned pregnancy is irrelevant to the greatness that is sex with children. Also, not a valid reason to make sexual activities with children wrong. Sexual activities with children are the greatest thing there is, and any country denying 4 year-olds to have sex is bad. But what is also bad is denying 17 year-olds to have sex. Denying 14 year-olds to have sex is also bad. Also, U.S.A. has some of the strictest punishments for people who have sex with girls under 18. That is truly bad and U.S.A. is probably the worst country on Earth.

>Please put forth a real argument.
I did. You disagreed with it. Not my problem.
AKMath

Pro

Alright, fine. Give me another reason why Americ isn't the best country on Earth. How about that?
TRUMPMAGADONALD

Con

Well, how about 50 million people living in poverty?
Or the fact that real wages didn't increase for almost 40 years. (Wages did increase, but so did the prices, and therefore, increase of wages was negated by increase in prices).
How about the U.S.A. being the indirect cause of ISIS. If U.S. didn't invade Iraq and Lybia, ISIS would never spread in the way it did.
How about the fact that you have niggers that just do crime and smoke pot. ( I am not saying all black people do this, but black people do constitute almost majority of crime rates).
What about your healthcare? I mean, so many countries have free or cheap healthcare. Getting sick in U.S.A. can cost you a fortune. Sure, it's quality service, but not affordable to a majority.
What about police officers shooting about 1000 people a year. Other countries barely have 10 police killings per year.
What about your guns being spread everywhere, and children being shot accidentally because politicians are afraid to regulate guns to make them stored somewhere outside the reach of children?
What about your murder and killing rate being higher than any of the other developed countries.
What about the obesity rate?

I mean, sure, certain parts of U.S.A. are literally heaven on Earth. But U.S.A. as a whole scores pretty bad.
Maybe if you got rid of black people, it would improve dramatically.
AKMath

Pro

Okay fine our poverty. But that's not really a problem as the poverty rate is going down each year.
https://www.npr.org...

Yeah, inflation rose higher than the real wage. So... Honestly, I believe in no minimum wage.

How did we create ISIS? It was stupid Obama who created ISIS by REMOVING the troops from the Middle East.

Free/government healthcare sucks. As for poor people, what about Medicaid, Medicare, and VA?

Why are police officers shooting there gun a problem? If people are committing crimes that bad, they can be shot.

Honestly, our guns aren't being spread enough. Everyone should have a gun, so a good guy with a gun can stop the bad guy with a gun.

Children being shot from their parents gun is not a national issue. It is a home and at most local issue.

We have about 375 million people. Of course, our murder rate is higher than every other developed country.

The obesity rate isn't an issue again, it's more of a personal issue.
TRUMPMAGADONALD

Con

If you think poverty isn't a problem, then I can't really persuade you that it is a valid reason to make America look bad. But if you think poverty isn't a problem now because it might be eradicated in the future, I can't agree with that either. I can agree that in the future, it might be fixed. But then we are talking about future America, not current America. America in the future might be great because it might eradicate it's poverty.

I have no idea about minimum wage. It's hard to get information from the history of it's use, because almost every country on Earth has some minimum wage set. But there are countries (Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Austria, Germany, Italy, Switzerland) without minimum wage that are doing just fine and even better than most countries with minimum wage. But I don't know whether lack of minimum wage gets credit for that or not.

"How did we create ISIS? It was stupid Obama who created ISIS by REMOVING the troops from the Middle East."
Okay, I will admit that most of the Americans oppose Obama now, but they still elected him in 2008. So it's still kinda their responsibility, because it was their vote. I will admit that system is rigged and they had no way of knowing what Obama will do, so this can be treated as unintentional, but still caused by American voters.

I have admitted that U.S. has better quality of health services than other countries. But what about affordability?
"As for poor people, what about Medicaid, Medicare, and VA?"
As far as I understand, these do not eliminate expenses completely for poor people, but only partially. I am not a poor person and I don't live in the U.S., so I really don't know more than what I read about it online, but what I read about it online is mostly bad.

"Why are police officers shooting there gun a problem?"
Well, because they are killing people when it's not required to do so. I am not against police officers using force in self-defense, or when defending citizens and saving as much lives as possible. But I am pretty sure you heard about cases where police killed someone simply because he tried to ran away. I can't remember the name of the guy right now, but it has happened. And the question is why is the number of people killed by police so high in the U.S.A., but so low in other developed countries. But I assume you anyway disagree that this is a problem. I can't show you anything bad about U.S.A. if you disagree with the premise that problem exists in the first place.

"Children being shot from their parents gun is not a national issue. It is a home and at most local issue."
But this time, you do acknowledge that it is an issue. Small issue, but still an issue. And U.S.A. scores very bad with it's murder and unintentional killing rates.

"We have about 375 million people. Of course, our murder rate is higher than every other developed country."
Even when we take into account population size, and measure by percentages, U.S. still stores very bad. China has much more population than the U.S., but has less murders by both percentages and in total number.

But if you don't consider these to be problems, then I don't have an argument that could persuade you to think that other countries are better than the U.S. However, in that case, may I ask you why do you think U.S.A. is better than all other countries? What is the one thing that U.S. does better than any other country? I know U.S. has better military than all other countries combined, and in the military sense it is better than any other country.
AKMath

Pro

Okay I admit every country has issues. America just simply better in most of them. Every country has poverty, and crimes. America isn't even the poorest country. Not even close. The one thing that makes America better than all other countries is freedom. No other country has a first amendment aka. guarantee you the right to say WHATEVER you want. Also no other countries have a second amendment. Our constitution and bill of rights is literally perfect, I couldn't think of any ways to make it better. You actually haven't done anything as the rules specifically stated to give me a country that you believe is better than America. This is the best way for you to prove that America isn't the best country.
TRUMPMAGADONALD

Con

I can't give you a country better than U.S.A. if you set your goal on freedom. I guess U.S.A. does have freedom constitutionally guaranteed unlike most other countries (I guess). And I don't know how to measure levels of freedom.
So let's just say U.S.A. is the greatest because of it's freedom, it's technology, and it's military.
Posted by Shadowstalker55 3 years ago
Shadowstalker55
I don"t know about better, but Finland has been ranked as the happiest country in the world. https://www.smithsonianmag.com...

I"m sure America is ranked much lower as a happy country.
Posted by ABoleman 3 years ago
ABoleman
I wish I made my account when you first posted this debate . First off, America is not better than any other country. In fact, we"re not ranked even top 10 in most important economical development factors. You said the US is the best county for freedom, however just to name a few we place after New Zealand, Switzerland, Ireland, Finland, Denmark, Hong Kong, Australia, Netherlands (to name a few). We also place pretty low on the global safety index. Another fun fact, the US is the most expensive place to give birth, yet somehow we are the only developed country who"s maternal mortality rate is increasing! Granted, the US is a great place to live comparative to some developing countries, but we are definitely not the best country in the world and i feel like it"s that holier than thou attitude which is contributing to us being less progressive.
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
We don't carry guns, we're never at war, our kids are not homeless and our streets are not covered in hookers. Can you guess the country?
https://www.theguardian.com...
https://www.therichest.com...
https://www.thoughtco.com...
Vote Placed by BertrandsTeapot 3 years ago
BertrandsTeapot
AKMathTRUMPMAGADONALDTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con started as if he/she was trolling but quickly made it evident they know their stuff. Pro's arguments were specious at best, largely unsubstantiated, and infused with opinion on subjective rhetoric.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
AKMathTRUMPMAGADONALDTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con conceded in the last round.
Vote Placed by Topaet 3 years ago
Topaet
AKMathTRUMPMAGADONALDTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con conceded in the last round 5
Vote Placed by factandevidence1234 3 years ago
factandevidence1234
AKMathTRUMPMAGADONALDTied
Reasons for voting decision: It's super biased, for one. Pro didn't prove ANY of his claims.