superclip
lol173821

America is the greatest country in the world

superclip

Pro

I will keep my beginning statement short. Many times I have heard people complain about America. I then ask them what countries are better at whatever issue they are speaking of. Often they will say Canada, Countries in the EU, Australia, And others. I believe that they are wrong.

America is a nation truly unique. It is the only country in history not brought together by race or group identity, But by values and beliefs. While I will be the first one to admit our issues, We have solved more issues than any other nation. There are many other good nations out there. But the difference between them and America is our secured freedoms and liberties. We have rights to life, Liberty, And property, Which have been maintained for almost 250 years. Our foundational principles are like no others.

Now onto you
lol173821

Con

America is not the greatest country in the world because there are many achievements made by other countries than just America, Russia made it to space first, China has been around the longer and has invented thinks such as gunpowder and silk, Canada is literally just like America's justice system, And japan has the best mortality rate
superclip

Pro

superclip forfeited this round.
lol173821

Con

lol173821 forfeited this round.
superclip

Pro

superclip forfeited this round.
lol173821

Con

lol173821 forfeited this round.
Posted by hsteacher 3 years ago
hsteacher
You know what omar, , , The human race is a nasty species. Any place run by humans will be rotten. Some countries win at one rotten way and lose in others.
Save yourself the time wastage of sorting out all the little pieces. In any of the decent European countries, Japan or China now, You'll find happiness level about the same everywhere. Humans are humans everywhere.
Posted by hsteacher 3 years ago
hsteacher
Also, Omar, Here, Schools don't kill the kids, But as you'll also learn, Here the capitalist pigs kill kids after they grow up.

You can't believe how evil the business world is. Where I worked once, There was another chemist who had 2 little kids. He told me "When I found out what was going on I was sorry I had kids. " He felt that bad about how he was being treated by companies. And he had the highest GPA in the chemistry dept at EMU the year he'd graduated.
You may have heard there's a teacher shortage on tv. But it's an infinite lie - there's a massive oversupply. And I wrote to a news station on how to prove it, And was totally ignored. I said just go to any teacher fare where there are hundreds of teachers looking for a job, And try to find ONE teacher who gets a job. I know from experience they WON'T. But I was just ignored, Because the lies are carefully regulated in this country by the media.

You're never going to get to the truth via the internet. And you'll get even less reality from the tv. The lies are piled a mile high everywhere. You just have to live and learn.
Posted by hsteacher 3 years ago
hsteacher
omar, You can't go by facts that have little impact. Being like that, Someone can drum up a case for anything. I see you're 18. Honestly, You're not going to think the same stuff in 30 years. In time you'll see that if you lived in a decent European country, You'd hardly notice any difference in freedom or general happiness level.
I've heard about the suicide thing in Japan you mentioned. Yes, That's awful. But it's also awful to be born here in a ghetto to a total reject who won't take care of you and leaves you to your own kid devices, And you end up killing yourself because you can't stand a life of a miserable low paying job in a garbage can neighborhood and no possibility of expanding yourself, And you exist just to exist.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
@hsteacher

I'll address one more claim.
There is a difference between US and EU internet.
For one the US are not banning memes.
The EU are stopping creativity by making everyone who uses some sort of someone elses content pay a fee. This is a problem if you believe in fair use. Even if you commentated over a subject or article you still have to pay a fee to even use the content. I don't think I need to say how it stifles creativity and most likely reduces content in general.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
@hsteacher

Comment to your hearts content.
I'll come back to this on a later date with more facts.
Now I could only give claims.
Posted by hsteacher 3 years ago
hsteacher
"Many European countries like Britain, France, Sweden, Etc have laws against freedom of speech and the press. "

Yeah, And here, The press is controlled by corporations who care about NOTHING but their money, So everything you see on the tv is carefully CONTROLLED to maximize corporation profit, And anyone who makes waves has their life ruined.

With the internet, I don't see any difference in freedom of speech between here and those European countries.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
If you watched the video you would realise the best country for education I think it is Japan make it the most important. If you do not do well in school you life is over which is why suicide rates are high in Japan.

I don't like bratty kids either but I rather have freedom rather than a state which is either a monarchy, Dictatorship or supports communism.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
@hsteacher

It wasn't at you but I will still answer your claims.

Freedom is a high priority and looking at other countries they do not even come close. The constitution is mainly the blaim for this. The founding fathers wanted to me a civilised society not a society dominated by the most powerful. Yes there is a problem now but it is because of fairly recent laws on lobbying and how much a person can donate.

Freedom of speech is only prevalent in the United States. You might have another country in mind but I highly doubt it.
Posted by hsteacher 3 years ago
hsteacher
"Instead of stating flaws why not tell me a country better then the United States? "

Like I said the USA used to be easily the best. Now, There's a bunch that cluster around the top. So there aren't any much better. I'd say though that Finland is a tad better. And Singapore. Those tiny countries simply have no serious problems. Now, If you live in a decent neighborhood in the USA, Then, No, There's no better place. But, The United States problems are growing slowly, And China is slowly getting better. And bluntly, If young people on welfare don't cut it out with the having kids, This countries problems are going to get a lot worse. Like they say - if you want to know what the economy of the future is going to look like, Look at the kids of today. As missmedic said, The US is 18 th in education. But in math and science it's worse. #22 or so the last time I checked, Tied with Mexico. This is a disaster waiting to happen. And the REASON the US is doing so badly is REALLY a disaster - it's because the kids here are BRATS! And every teacher in the country knows it. The USAs problems are all going to get worse.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
@missmedic

Here is a video similar to the topic at hand. Worth a watch.

https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=qOhDFCcmgvY