Eugenious
Anonymous

America was Founded on Christian Morals

Eugenious

Eugenious

Pro

I think it is quite evident that America was founded on Christianity. We see the evidence of that all around us, And the job of my opponent will be to prove that it wasn't founded on Christian morals. For extra credit, Prove that it was founded on some other belief system. Just please be respectful, And good luck!

Con

Well, You'll need to be a bit more clear on what you consider to be moral. To be honest, Most so-called Christians have committed the most immoral crimes, And that's a documented fact. Yes, You are right, We really do see the evidence all around us and it totally contradicts your claim. Belief system? Not trying to bring race into the equation, But racism is a belief system, And America is deeply rooted in racism. That's a guaranteed fact that can't be disputed, Refuted or retorted. I know that religion can be a touchy subject, But if there's a debate about religion, Then all aspects most be spoken about.
Eugenious

Pro

My opponent said that we Christians have committed some of the worst crimes. Did he give any examples, No. And just because some Christians have done bad things doesn't mean all of them are evil. If we're using that logic, Then Eric Harris was an atheist. He did the columbine school shooting, One of the worst in america at that time. So we see that if we use this logic, It could be pretty bad for you atheists.

Then my opponent said that we see the evidence everywhere, And it doesn't match Christianity. Let's observe just how absurd this comment is. A the Jefferson memorial, It says on the fist panel "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal, That they are endowed by THEIR CREATOR with certain inalienable rights. . . " On the second panel it says "ALMIGHTY GOD hath created the mind free. . . Are a departure from the plan of the HOLY AUTHOR of our religion. " On panel three it says "GOD who gave us life gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of GOD? "
Above George Washington's grave is says "I am the resurrection and the life, Sayeth the Lord. He that believeth in Me, Though he were dead yet shall he live. And whosoever liveth and believeth in Me shall never die. -John 11, 25-26" A Bible verse above his grave. Hmmm.
In the Declaration of Independence, Our FOUNDING DOCUMENT, We find FIVE references to God.
And here are some quotes from some men from history you've probably heard of:

"While we are zealously performing the duties of good citizens and soldiers, We certainly ought not to be inattentive to the higher duties of religion. To the distinguished character of Patriot, It should be our highest glory to add the more distinguished character of Christian. "
--George Washington, The Writings of Washington, Pp. 342-343.

"Suppose a nation in some distant Region should take the Bible for their only law Book, And every member should regulate his conduct by the precepts there exhibited! Every member would be obliged in conscience, To temperance, Frugality, And industry; to justice, Kindness, And charity towards his fellow men; and to piety, Love, And reverence toward Almighty God. . . What a Eutopia, What a Paradise would this region be. "
--John Adams, Diary and Autobiography of John Adams, Vol. III, P. 9.
Another from John Adams is: "Now I will avow, That I then believe, And now believe, That those general Principles of Christianity, Are as eternal and immutable, As the Existence and Attributes of God; and that those Principles of Liberty, Are as unalterable as human Nature and our terrestrial, Mundane System. "
--Adams wrote this on June 28, 1813, Excerpt from a letter to Thomas Jefferson.

"God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, A conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the Gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever. . . "
--Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, Query XVIII, P. 237.

"I am a real Christian " that is to say, A disciple of the doctrines of Jesus Christ. "
--Thomas Jefferson, The Writings of Thomas Jefferson, P. 385.

"Resistance to tyranny becomes the Christian and social duty of each individual. . . . Continue steadfast and, With a proper sense of your dependence on God, Nobly defend those rights which heaven gave, And no man ought to take from us. "
--John Hancock, History of the United States of America, Vol. II, P. 229.

"Here is my Creed. I believe in one God, The Creator of the Universe. That He governs it by His Providence. That He ought to be worshipped.

"That the most acceptable service we render to him is in doing good to his other children. That the soul of man is immortal, And will be treated with justice in another life respecting its conduct in this. These I take to be the fundamental points in all sound religion, And I regard them as you do in whatever sect I meet with them.

"As to Jesus of Nazareth, My opinion of whom you particularly desire, I think the system of morals and his religion, As he left them to us, Is the best the world ever saw, Or is likely to see;
--Benjamin Franklin wrote this in a letter to Ezra Stiles, President of Yale University on March 9, 1790.

"And as it is our duty to extend our wishes to the happiness of the great family of man, I conceive that we cannot better express ourselves than by humbly supplicating the Supreme Ruler of the world that the rod of tyrants may be broken to pieces, And the oppressed made free again; that wars may cease in all the earth, And that the confusions that are and have been among nations may be overruled by promoting and speedily bringing on that holy and happy period when the kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ may be everywhere established, And all people everywhere willingly bow to the sceptre of Him who is Prince of Peace. "
--Samuel Adams, As Governor of Massachusetts, Proclamation of a Day of Fast, March 20, 1797.

"The hope of a Christian is inseparable from his faith. Whoever believes in the divine inspiration of the Holy Scriptures must hope that the religion of Jesus shall prevail throughout the earth. Never since the foundation of the world have the prospects of mankind been more encouraging to that hope than they appear to be at the present time. And may the associated distribution of the Bible proceed and prosper till the Lord shall have made 'bare His holy arm in the eyes of all the nations, And all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God' (Isaiah 52:10). "
--John Quincy Adams, Life of John Quincy Adams, P. 248.

"I do declare to the whole world that we believe the Scriptures to contain a declaration of the mind and will of God in and to those ages in which they were written; being given forth by the Holy Ghost moving in the hearts of holy men of God; that they ought also to be read, Believed, And fulfilled in our day; being used for reproof and instruction, That the man of God may be perfect. They are a declaration and testimony of heavenly things themselves, And, As such, We carry a high respect for them. We accept them as the words of God Himself. "
--William Penn, Treatise of the Religion of the Quakers, P. 355.

"I have carefully examined the evidences of the Christian religion, And if I was sitting as a juror upon its authenticity I would unhesitatingly give my verdict in its favor. "
--Alexander Hamilton, Famous American Statesmen, P. 126.

"The Bible. . . Is a book worth more than all the other books that were ever printed. "
--Patrick Henry, Sketches of the Life and Character of Patrick Henry, P. 402.

Your statement that the evidence contradicts what I have said is ridiculous. Sating that is ignoring fact, And it's downright laughable. Please don't insult my intelligence by saying something so absolutely moronic.

My final quote is from Patrick Henry: "It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, Not by religionists, But by Christians; not on religions, But on the gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, Prosperity, And freedom of worship here. "
--The Trumpet Voice of Freedom: Patrick Henry of Virginia, P. Iii.

Long live what America was truly founded upon.

back to you.

Con

Sir, All you're doing is quoting what someone said, Which doesn't make it the truth. The question is "did they actually practice what they were preaching? ". . . Absolutely not. . . You lose all credibility because you're quoting well-known racists. Since racism is a belief & America was founded on racism. . . ". You do the math. Did I give any examples? America is the perfect example, And I never said that "all" Christians have done bad things; I said "most so-called Christians have committed the most immoral crimes. ". . . Did I not? Eric Harris is completely off-topic so let's cut out the semantics.

Remember the KKK? Weren't/Aren't they stone-cold Christians? Remember when they terrorized Black people back in the day? Remember when they purposely burned (cross') on Black people's lawn? So, What's the purpose of burning a cross on someone's property? Is that the Christian thing to do? . . . Matter of fact, That is absolutely the Christian thing to do so you can see why your argument has no foundation.

What you fail to comprehend is that so-called Christianity is really a made-up religion, And (most) so-called Christians do not follow the word of Yah. . . Key word "Yah. " Christianity is suppose to be derived from the word Christ, But the word Christ is an actual title, Not a religion. When you dig deeper into the religion of Christianity then you'll know that the real Christ was named Yahoshua, Which is a Hebrew name.

I'll ask you this, "Was Christ a Christian or was he a Hebrew? Hmmm. . . . Is that the same thing? . . . Remember, Hebrew is a bloodline & not a religion. What really destroys your entire lack of case is that the guy that you & other Christians are praying to isn't even the real Christ to begin with. You're actually praying to a gay man named Caeser Borgia, Who was the son of Pope Alexander VI. This let's me know that you don't even read/study the Bible what-so-ever. Christians are basically worshipping a false idol & we absolutely know what the Bible says about worshipping false idols. All European images of Biblical figures is pure nonsense. The authentic faces have been purposely changed by the people who control the information. Am I correct? . . . ". If I'm not correct, Then why is there a "Book of Revelation? " Are you aware that the word revelation is derived from term "to reveal"?

What I want you to do is to go & read Revelation 1:14-15 then come back and repeat what the verses actually said. I'll bet my left hand that the description of the authentic Christ, Whom is actually Yah, Doesn't match the description of what's presented to us today. "Just because you go to church doesn't mean that you follow the scriptures"
Eugenious

Pro

My opponent has said that all I did was quote people. First off, This is a bold lie. I did not just do that, And he knows it. If he actually read what I wrote, He'd see that I also quoted the Declaration of Independence, Which is what FOUNDED America. Oh, Yeah, They totally didn't act out their beliefs. They only wrote their founding document with God all over it. Plus, My opponent said that all of the men I quoted were racists. Did he then provide any evidence of this? No, He did not. You cannot just say something so drastic like that and not back it up. That's lazy debate style. Please do a better job of backing up what you say.
Next, My opponent said that America was founded on racism. This is absolutely ridiculous. If it is simply because slavery was a part of America in the early days of the country, Then All European countries were founded on racism. So was all of Asia. Using my opponent's logic, The whole world was founded on racism. More ridiculousness.
Next, What? The KKK being stone-cold Christians? Are you just plain kidding me now? You just got through saying that me mentioning Eric Harris was irrelevant, Then you go and say that you're right because all KKK members were Christians (which, By the way, Is incorrect. ) If you are able to say that since "most so-called Christians have committed the most immoral crimes, " we should believe you, Then I am fully justified in saying that because some atheists have committed the most immoral crimes, Then you should believe me. I can mention Eric Harris and not be irrelevant, Thank you.
Next, What on earth was all of that? Yah? Could you please provide some evidence for what you said about this? Or would that simply be asking too much? There was so much ridiculousness there I don't know where to start. First off, Christians are defined as "people who follow the teachings of Christ. " Christ wasn't following the teachings of Christ. He was making the teachings himself! What you said is very illogical.
And please don't give a bunch of incomprehensible, Fake arguments and then claim that i don't know the Bible. That's just ridiculous.
back to you.

Con

It's clear to everyone that I've forced you to do some actual research. You finally found the truth, Which is why you refuse to answer any of the questions that I've presented. Yes, That's a dead giveaway, But I'll play devils advocate just to prove you wrong yet again.

Sir, Did you not name numerous presidents & their quotes? So, The Declaration of Independence wasn't written by a person/people? If not, Then explain to me what entity wrote it. I'm sure the founders didn't dig up some ancient scrolls that were titled Declaration of Independence. . . You said that "the Declaration" is what founded America. Really? Did "the Declaration" precede slavery? Nope. . . So, How can "the Declaration" be the founding institution if it wasn't even invented prior to July 4, 1776. Slavery started over 100 years before that document came into fruition and it built America's wealth.

Nope, I never said that all of the men you named were racist. I actually said "you're quoting well-known racists. " Dude, George Washington owned over 300 slaves & T. Jefferson owned over 600 slaves. How could you not know this? You claim to be this so-called Biblical scholar, But you're having trouble understanding spirituality & religion. . . Here's where you really put your foot in your mouth. . . You just said that (it's ridiculous that America was founded on racism because slavery was a part of America in the early days of the country). . . Ok, So where was "the Declaration" in the early days of the country? Oh, That's right because the people who wrote it wasn't even born during the early days. Once again, If the Declaration wasn't written during the early days, Then it couldn't have founded the country. Lol. Yes, I referenced the KKK because they're proud Christians, Which is why they born "the cross" on people's property, Which is an immoral crime to people with common sense. You referred to a self-proclaimed atheist, Who has no belief in a higher power. . . Are you following me? . . . Sir, Christ Did Not make the actual teachings, He was carrying out the mission. . . Wow!

Evidence of Yah? It's not my place to teach class & guide you to every source. I will say that the word Christ is a title, Not a last name, Jesus is a Greek word & the letter J wasn't even invented during Biblical days. . . Hopefully you can connect the dots.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
Eugenious
I know. I reported him, And hopefully they'll handle him in an appropriate way. I thank all of you who commented and were civil and respectful, Even if you disagree with me. Debate. Org has no place for people who make obscene, Insulting, And rude comments on these debates. Once again, I really appreciate all of you who were respectful.
-Eugenious
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
omar2345
This debate really turned into a direction a didn't expect.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
backwardseden
Proof that this county was not founded in any way on christian morals. . .
https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=3sApQ80QRiE - Neil deGrasse Tyson - "Do you believe in god? "
https://www. Huffingtonpost. Com/jeff-schweitzer/founding-fathers-we-are-n_b_6761840. Html - Founding Fathers: We Are Not a Christian Nation
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
backwardseden
Oooo you will report me. Ouch. Go ahead. I will report you for falsifying debate information on your debates and not bringing truth unto them and scaring people half to death as "America was Founded on Christian Morals" is a load of s--t. And you don't even know what christian morals are. Would you like me to share some christian morals with you teeny bopper since you seen to know so so so so much about them in which case you really don't? So---do---not---think you can threaten me bub. Because I've most certainly have seen a lot worse than you. AND I do happen to know what YOUR bible says. You don't. You guess. Oh and you think I'm a nightmare. Your god is a nightmare in which you cannot even prove even exists. But wait teeny bopper, By golly last year, About 8 months ago there was there was a guy named TRUMPMEGAMCDONALD would thought it was oh so cute to rape 4 year old girls. Oh yeah teeny bopper, He meant it. AND he only used one RD's to snare the teens like you in, And make it stick. And you know what? DDO did not do one god damned thing about him then. He was a true threat and should have been taken off of DDO immediately and reported to the police. I'm as soft as cushiony down. Anything else tiger?
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
Eugenious
If you comment once more on this debate, I will report you. Don't think I will? Just try me. You will continue to hate God and all of us Christians no matter what I say, So there's no use in arguing with someone as egotistical and thick-headed as you.

You have proven nothing of what you said, And all you have done is made stupid, Worthless arguments that you haven't proven right. Now for the last time, Goodbye and good riddance.
-Eugenious
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
backwardseden
If you are referring to me, Tough. Especially when you make 100% erroneous errors that happen to affect all of this country and the people that live in it. But then again it was proven unto you how pathetically wrong you are, And the thing about it is you just cannot stand to lose. That's the real barking bite of reality and you just cannot handle it and you know it. Too bad.
One other thing is I truly have no pity whatsoever for smug 16 year old cotton drops like you and they think that they have knowledge upon and they really don't. And because they don't they have to invent excuses for it and thus pretend that they do. And gosh darned it, They hate it when some grease pit rolled up jelly boy comes across their bows to prove them wrong who happens to know more than they do. Guess what? That's entirely your problem. This country in no possible way was founded ---ever--- in christian morals in which you know nothing about in the first place.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
Eugenious
I don't ever want to see you comment on my debates again. You are a rude, Unethical, Illogical, Unintelligent, Ignorant, Malicious, Jerk who has nothing better to do than write idiotic and insulting statements about me. You are no longer welcome to comment here. Find someone else to harass.
Good riddance.
-Eugenious
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
backwardseden
Um yeah teeny bopper, I have read the book of john, Have you? You were just proven to be flat out wrong.

"Christ did away with the Old Law and brought in the new. " Well which law would that be? After all you might want to take into consideration. . .
*Proverbs 30:5 "Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. "
*Isaiah 40:8 "The grass withereth, The flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever. "
*2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, And is profitable for doctrine, For reproof, For correction, For instruction in righteousness:"
*Psalm 19:7 "The law of the Lord is perfect, Converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, Making wise the simple. "
*Psalm 119:160 "Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. "
* James 1:17 "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, And cometh down from the Father of lights, With whom is no variableness, Neither shadow of turning. "
So christ, Once again had no powers to change YOUR god's laws. Darn it!

You are unethical as you pretend to know something that you know nothing about. And because you don't, You invent excuses for it. But you ran into a brick wall because I do know better than you. A lot better. And I can back up what I say with something called "evidence". You can't.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
backwardseden
@Eugenious - Here's a video for you to watch, Just to get your teeth entangled from your tongue just to get started since you don't know any better. . .
https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=HRy-UfUYYGk&t=1277s - Atheist Debates But that's the Old Testament

Strange isn't it that you call me rude and yet you support Donald Trump. Wow.

Oh and btw, Christ was a false prophet who in which there's no proof he even existed. Supposing he did, Your god in which there's certainly no proof for his existence gave no powers for this christ sneezerag to do and or change anything. So sorry you 16 year old punk kid spoiled little brat, YOUR god's laws from the OT stand firm nice and neat.
https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=6lqC8fvIspY - jesus wasn"t jesus (Aron Ra) #1
https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=KXAGpCTiGlQ - The True Core of the jesus Myth (Christopher Hitchens) #2
https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=apS_679ru50 - Did jesus Exist? #3
https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=9AzwJ9d4i1g - Why christianity is Unreasonable (Richard Carrier) #4
https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=x-slAgzJmdU - Why Does Every Intelligent christian disobey jesus? #5
https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=AJMd5UiTeys - Biggest Lie - The fourth gospel #6 ("The first striking revision in the 4th gospel is that the ministry of jesus has ballooned out from from one year to three. The writers not only make a reference not only from one but to three distinct passover festivals. Now was this just a tradition that some early christians held to a three year ministry and others to a one year ministry? Can anyone honestly maintain that whole dialogues could be remembered word for word for many decades and yet believers have no common agreement whether these words were said during one year or during three years? ") Um duh. Do you REALLY THINK jesus existed?
https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=lDpEeHD54Mo&t=1397s - The Gospel According to Carrier #7 (Richard Carrier states jesus may have possibly existed, But scrap all the mythology
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
Eugenious
I find it rather humorous that all of the questions posted by "backwardseden" (a rather rude fellow) were from the Old Testament. Christ did away with the Old Law and brought in the new. For instance, If you read in the Book of John, You see that the woman caught in adultery wasn't stoned on account of Jesus defending her. The person making these statements obviously has very little understanding of what exactly the Bible teaches.

And to jukebox101, The only founding father I can think of who was deist was Thomas Jefferson. Please stop making up stats to fit what you believe. It is a rather unethical way of debating. Thanks!

-Eugenious
Vote Placed by Jzyehoshua 3 years ago
Jzyehoshua
EugeniousAnonymousTied
Reasons for voting decision: Points to Pro for citing the Declaration of Independence and Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom by Jefferson. Con took the debate in the direction of racism (ignoring by the way that abolitionism was pushed by William Penn's Quakers and churches played a major role in the Underground Railroad, see also Harriet Beecher Stowe).