SplendidEffectofLogic
Amphia

Analyzing the effect of religion

SplendidEffectofLogic has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

SplendidEffectofLogic

Con

I'm here to argue against any and every religion. I am agnostic and I am not trying to disprove god, just the religions that praise it/them. I would like for you to realize what belief in religions such as Christianity did. It was a way to control the masses and keep the power in the possession of those in power. Then realize that as we enlighten ourselves, the things written in the Bible are proven to be false.

Also, the Bible was created during a time where stories were orally passed down over thousands of years. Stories constantly morphed and changed over time, and the Bible is a collection of these. This is why it has the nearly identical flood story from Gilgamesh, and why Jesus has the same characteristics as Dionysus, Osiris, Horus, Mithra, and Krishna. The contradictions and immorality in the stories are not evidence that God is flawed or evil, but rather that humans invented him, just like the thousands of other gods that we used to but no longer believe in.

though of course you could always argue that god created all these stories and characters thousands of years before the Bible in order to trick people, and then created new stories and characters that were almost exactly the same. But the version that went into the Bible"even with all the contradictions and immoral teachings"is the actual word of God. If you really thought about it though, the first explanation is much more likely.

The following website should be visited if you still truely believe in Christianity or if you are undecided. I got most of my argument from this website. This site website supplied both explanations.
https://danielmiessler.com...
Amphia

Pro

I am a Christian and I feel that many of the arguments people make about the Bible being wrong are taken out of context of the bigger picture. I read through the site and when I checked the Bible passages for some of the arguments, I found that they didn't even support what he was saying. I would appreciate if you gave me some of your own examples so I could read them because I was confused.
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
I can be hostile towards any form of Christianity that psychologically and physically harms people. I am certainly hostile towards any religious system that impedes progress and the betterment of the human race.. I prefer religions that place behavior above belief and focus on improving the human condition, but not those that place belief above behavior and view this life as preparation for an afterlife.