Blue-bird
hardward

Animals Can be Consumed by Humans

Blue-bird

Blue-bird

Pro

(First debate on this website ayuda me por favor)

Eating animals may seem like a morbid activity from a vegetarian's point of view, But it is natural in human nature.

To begin with, Meat contains a large amount of raw protein and nutrients that is beneficial to human health. Vitamins A, B and D are commonly found in meats, Which promotes eye vision, Bones, Teeth and helps the nervous system. Other advantages of this food source include healthier blood cells, Nerves, Lean muscle mass and sustaining levels of iron.

What is so bad about improving one's well-being? They call it slaughter, Cruelty and savagery towards living creatures; it is actually called normal, Natural, Delicious and perfectly healthy.
hardward

Con

Let me start by saying that I eat meat, So I'm not exactly the perfect person for this debate. That being said, I do believe that being a vegetarian is a good moral decision and that many of the things we do to animals are indeed "slaughter, Cruelty, And savagery. "

When you say that eating meat is natural, I assume that you're thinking about killing a chicken or a dear in the wild. That is absolutely not what is really going on in developed countries. These animals are being born, Raised, And killed just to be eaten. Chickens are being raised in cages that aren't large enough for them to turn around. The first and only time they ever come out of that cage they are killed, Cooked, And eaten. Not to mention the hormones and drugs that the animals are injected with throughout their lives.

So from my point of view, Eating animals isn't the issue, The way that they're treated while they're alive is.
Blue-bird

Pro

hardward

Con

hardward forfeited this round.
Blue-bird

Pro

(Sorry, I accidentally posted twice as you can see)

I do agree that it is morbid to raise those animals in those conditions. But we might as well be doing them a favor to put them out of their misery. When you said 'raised and killed just to be eaten', This is just a form of sustaining ourselves and the reason why the animals were bred in the first place.

Yes, It is horrible that chickens and other livestock are forced to grow up in restricted spaces. But this is the supplier's fault for the poor environment; some people simply do not care. I must remind you that there are farmers who do raise free ranged chickens, To ensure their health and the health of their customers.

As for hormones and drugs, Most of the products are illegal and that there are products that are hormone-free.

With these points, Meat can be eaten without it's dark background. Of course there will be people who will do it dishonestly and harm their animals, But just don't buy from them. Only purchase items labelled 'no added hormones' or 'free-range' or 'grass fed'.

To conclude, There are simple ways to avoid being responsible for 'the way they're treated alive'-you just have to be careful.
hardward

Con

hardward forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
Blue-birdhardwardTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con ff over half of the rounds. That's poor conduct.