Anonymous
Themagnificentmethod

Answer me this flat earth religitards

Pro

How could the sun ever rise, If the earth was flat?
Themagnificentmethod

Con

As a current atheist, I will attempt to provide insight into the mind of a "religitard", Which I assume is a portmanteau of "religious" and "retard". I digress.

Let us examine the birth of the religious text considered to be the first complete bible of sorts, The Codex Vaticanus. If I were a "religitard", Living in the 2nd century BCE around the time of the introduction of the Codex Vaticanus or other pre-existing texts to Rome, I would either be a peasant or an aristocrat. Since women in this time period were denied a formal role in the recorded history of Roman society, I shall, Henceforth, Roleplay a Roman male aristocrat that was provided religious education around the inception of the first holy manuscript.

Back to the question, How could the sun ever rise? As my only formal education is in religious accounts and the knowledge I possess on hand is that of the vast expanses of flat land the Roman legion marches upon, I can only conclude that based on the current body of knowledge in the world, The Earth is indeed flat. Therefore, The sun rises in the east from beneath the surface of this flat Earth. Perhaps through a magical hole of sorts in the ground, As based on my observations of the sun, It is no more than a few kilometres across in diameter. I have also lost all colour vision from staring at the sun.

Hence, The sun rises perfectly well in my flat Earth world. Science and empirical knowledge will not be conceived for another 1600 years or so but I have full faith in my flat Earth knowledge at present.

Pro

Hm, Good answer, I forfit

You can not have knowledge of the earth being flat if its not, It would be a belief
Themagnificentmethod

Con

I concur that the Earth being flat is a staunch belief of religious communities, Not a true fact per se by our modern rigour of scientific study and our body of knowledge. I would go so far as to say that the majority of religious teachings are true in their own realm of understanding, But however, Do not hold sway over the physical world we have come to understand through modern science.

Going off on a tangent here, But a belief in the Earth being flat cannot pass for scientific knowledge, As it is a matter of personal choice in what one wants to hold true in their worldview. In this case, We must then discriminate between what the modern world considers as knowledge. On one hand, We can practice and build upon scientific knowledge that pushes the boundaries of its own realm of understanding of the physical world, Providing us with new theories and frameworks that guide modern scientific progress. On the other hand, We have come to let "religious knowledge" as a term pervade our modern vernacular. Religious teachings and beliefs are sacred and based upon the central tenets that are key to preaching for peace and balance in any religion. However, We must not allow these beliefs, Even if they are beneficial to our global society, To pass off as hard facts and knowledge. Moreover, Religious teachings do not give us the same worldview with which we can claim to be knowledgeable of the workings of our physical world. Instead, Religious teachings can only provide us with intangible views that shape our social and moral fabric, And never our physical understanding of the world.

Hence, We observe two wholly different applications of traditions that help us as humans to achieve stability and understanding in our lives, But should never cross the line to claim any right to being termed as "knowledge" or "sacred", In the case of religious teachings and scientific facts respectively. Thus, I can say that a belief in the Earth being flat is just that, A belief. A belief which cannot be refuted by hard facts, But rather, Engaged by the opposing belief that the Earth is indeed an asymmetrical sphere spiralling through the fabric of space. Therefore, Science cannot support either belief, As it is inconsequential in a matter of beliefs, A clash in which only personal deductive reasoning can support.
Posted by Themagnificentmethod 3 years ago
Themagnificentmethod
I agree that in a case of beliefs, The sun can rise, Even if the Earth is flat. Pro brought up a very valid point that mere belief cannot pass for knowledge.

To clarify the first rebuttal, Religious teachings are from an age past. These teachings are, By no modern standard, A part of scientific knowledge. Hence, Flat-Earthers rejoice! You can hold your beliefs dearly, But please, Never claim them to be scientifically backed or to be acknowledged by the scientific community as fact. Engage the belief that the Earth is spherical instead, In the realm of beliefs that science has no jurisdiction over. Happy flat-Earthing.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
I mean me and my awesome debate skills
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
I believe someone in here, On this site, Called me something, Im not quite sure if i remember correctly, But perhaps if some one could just refresh my memory, Enlighten me as to what was said in a probably hurry and during the many and often confusing affairs upon this website(puts on monocle), What was said out loud, Referencing my awesome debate skills?
Posted by RationalMadman 3 years ago
RationalMadman
Challenge me to this debate.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Guess religious people have tough balls
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Whenever the subject is brought up
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Flat earth has to be a kick in the balls to every religious person on this planet