ViceRegent
Youraverageunicorn

Are Atheists Able to Know Reality from Delusion?

ViceRegent has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

ViceRegent

Con

IF YOU ARE UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO READ THIS WHOLE POST AND THEN RESPOND TO THE SINGLE QUESTION IT ASKS, GO AWAY. I FIND IT HILARIOUS THAT THESE ATHEISTS KEEP VOMITING WORDS AND YET NOT ONE HAS ANSWERED MY Q.

Atheists love to live under the delusion that they are the guardians of rationality. But how can they hold this title when they cannot even articulate a rational way to know truth from fiction. If they cannot do this, they are literally ignorant and the ignorant cannot guard anything. SO, BY WHAT METHOD DOES ANY ATHEIST CLAIM TO RATIONALLY KNOW TRUTH FROM FICTION?

Answering this question is the sole purpose for this debate. I have even put it in capital letters for those to dense to get it. If you are unable or unwilling to answer this question, do not respond to this debate. Likewise, if you do not believe in reality, believe you make it up or deny it is objective or knowable, or if you do not know how to rationally know truth from fiction, do not respond to this debate. If you are terrified of cross-examination or madly in love with red herrings or other logical fallacies, do not respond to this debate. If you have responded before, do not respond to this debate. After all, if you had nothing rational to say then, you will having nothing rational to say now.

If all you have is "science", do not respond to this debate, for science relies on the your senses and reason, which begs the question of how you know your senses and reason are valid. Perhaps you can tell me, which is fine, but if the way you validate you senses and reason is with your senses and reason, you lose the debate because that is circular reasoning and circular reasoning is not rational.

if you respond in violation of these rules, you automatically lose the debate.

NOTE TO ALL YOU LOSERS POSTING COMMENTS. IF I DO NOT THINK YOU COMMENT ADD ANYTHING RATIONAL TO THE DISCUSSION OR I CANNNOT USE IT TO MOCK YOU, I DO NOT BOTHER RESPONDING
Youraverageunicorn

Pro

I want to start off by saying these things:
1. A violation of any of your "rules" is completely acceptable because your rules are stupid
2. Stop making debates that are offensive to people's beliefs
3. If you really meant what you said about science then it's sad you don't believe in things that are already proven.

I'm not saying I don't like people who believe in god. I go to a school where a lot of people are religious. Just the way you're perceiving atheists is unacceptable but I'm willing to continue this debate.

Okay. God has not been proven to exist. They're as believable as unicorns. I believe in unicorns. But we don't know for sure that these two exist.

God has been created for more so the tool to get people through life. If people are in the face of a crisis, they pray to god. Once again, I'm not saying I know for sure god isn't real, I'm saying it hasn't been proven of it's existence. God has been a companion to those who believe. It's more of a spirit that if you believe, it's real. God isn't there to tell you: oh. You're in the real world. If you aren't willing to believe science, YOU aren't in the real world. I know if I'm delusional or not because there are signs in everyday life. There are a lot of people who don't believe in god and they're fine. They aren't CRAZY. But science has evidence so it's reasonably believable and you don't need a voice telling you it is. I would be happy to continue my argument or rebut yours and I'm interested to see your arguments. But please don't go against mine quite yet because I won't have anything to respond to and that's not completely fair to me.
ViceRegent

Con

And this moron loses the debate for running from the Q and being an irrational douche. Moving on.
Youraverageunicorn

Pro

And this moron is completely clueless of the fact that I DID answer the question, and does not know how to debate. We're still doing this debate. I'm not forfeiting. Because eventually someone is going to have to respond and if you don't I automatically win. So let's keep this going, coward.

How do YOU know you aren't in fantasy? Because you see a sign from the heavens saying you aren't? I doubt it. So that's what I mean that it's another one of those things that if you believe it's real, then it is. Nothing wrong with believing in god it's just that you're as aware of the fact that you're in reality as much as an atheist because there's no proof that there is actually a god. Anything to say? Or are you just going to avoid my arguments?
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
the bible is real
Posted by ViceRegent 3 years ago
ViceRegent
Science produces facts? ROFL. Let me guess, you are not a credentialed scientist and have spent zero time studying the philosophy of science?

Next time, mental midget, respond to what was actually said so that you do not look like a fool vomiting your ignorance.
Posted by Bitch_Goddess 3 years ago
Bitch_Goddess
"If all you have is "science", do not respond to this debate, for science relies on the your senses and reason, which begs the question of how you know your senses and reason are valid"
That quote, in and of itself, just proves you refuse to LISTEN, or even reason, through a debate with the Pro if they use science. Which makes the entire debate useless. Because while science provides facts, evidence, and logic, your theories on whether or not a God exists does not. So while you refuse to accept the true reality of what is and what isn't, you expect someone to actually WANT to have a debate with you.
What may other methods someone use if not science to create a discussion on, again, what is and what isn't? If you completely refute their entire argument based on what you believe is illogical or "unreasonable", what is to say they do not feel the exact same way of your entire argument?
Waste of time to debate with someone who cannot allow another to use their source of logic because you disagree with it.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
Awe the meow mix oil rig Buddhist monk who can't even save himself from scripting, staring only himself, producing, being the cinematographer to his own porno tries to be insulting can't even answer a simple question.
Posted by ViceRegent 3 years ago
ViceRegent
Atheists are so funny, but in a pathetic way.
Posted by ViceRegent 3 years ago
ViceRegent
More truth claims from the deluded, ignorant and irrational who cannot even answer a simple Q.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
Ah yes, the cowardly host of this debate cannot even prove that his god exists. And yes, it is always up to him, no exceptions, none, for him to prove it. But he can't prove that his god exists. Wanna know why? Because there is no proof. There never has been. Because if there has, then he'd be the only quadrillionaire on the planet and his god would be the only god (even though his bible does not say that) worshiped. Wow is he boring in his little cabbage batbrain sniveling corner.
Posted by ViceRegent 3 years ago
ViceRegent
Man, these atheists spill more words while irrationally dissembling that an reprobate in earth.
Posted by levi_smiles 3 years ago
levi_smiles
Are people who submit the same debate 50 times over with no thesis, no evidence, & no engagement, just asking the same schizophrenic questions about how can one trust one's own senses with rapid increases in hostility able to know reality from delusion?

Answer: The longer such behavior persists, the less likely it seems.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
"I could be wrong and tomorrow I could find out that there is a god. And that I do have a soul. It wouldn't change much for me as to how I live my life. Because I"ve already come to good reasons to do things. I"m open to being corrected on them. But what"s going to correct me is reason and evidence. Not appealing to a god. And people ask me "well what are you going to do if you die and you stand up before god" (hands in the air) hey I tried. I used my brain. I followed the evidence where it was" and by the way if your character is actually depicted in the bible or the koran I don"t want to have nothing to do with you. I"m already morally superior to you. I already care more about people than you do. I know. I never sanctioned slavery. Never sanctioned genocide. (beat) gods have." Matt Dillahunty

"There can be a virgin that can conceive. A dead body can walk again. Your leprosy can be cured. The blind can see. NON-SENSE! Its---not---moral---to---lie---to---children. Its not moral to lie to ignorant uneducated people and if they can only believe in nonsense they can be saved. Its immoral." Christopher Hitchens

"This is not just a matter of opinion. This is an entire branch of philosophy of epistemology about how we go about determining whether or not a ---claim--- is reasonably and rationally justified. And extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. The claim that there is a god is an extraordinary claim which requires more than just pointing to an old book. That is simply NOT rational to the claim. Sorry. Its not just an opinion. There"s more to life than that." Matt Dillahunty

"You cannot become a scientist if you require that every question has an answer. Because it's the very questions that have no answers that attract you to the laboratory every single day." Neil DeGrasse Tyson