nick993
WrickItRalph

Are aliens and UFOs real / have aliens contacted us?

nick993 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

nick993

Pro

Hello, This is my first debate and I am wondering if anyone would like to have a proper debate with me about the topic of are aliens and ufos real and if so have they contacted us. I am pro for this topic and I would love to share my side of the debate and listen to yours!
WrickItRalph

Con

Sounds like a fun argument.

Alright, So I have to put my science cap on first and then once I get done with that noise, I'll put my tin hat on.

So scientifically speaking. There is no evidence that anything else lives in the universe except us. Which is both amazing and deeply disturbing. Theories have suggested that aliens are likely, And we don't see them for some reason. No way to conclude that aliens could ever reach us. But our current theories would spit out a big fat no.

Time for the fun part.

Short answer is yes I believe that life on other planets is likely, But odds are that none of those planets are in the observable universe. It's more likely that there has been trillions upon trillions of big bangs and a few hundred million of those probably have aliens.

Even with my tin hat on, I don't see any realistic way for aliens to ever visit us. I can actually make a pretty strong argument to support this.

So aliens can't surpass the speed of light. It would be silly to think they could. Contrary to what fringe scientists tell you. There will be no safe travel through black holes. Not unless you want aliens visiting us while condensed to a singularity. Aliens would have the same light restrictions as us and therefore could not see our universe. This means that aliens visiting us would have to figure out how to

A) live for a really really long time.
B) keep their ships running for a really really long time.
C) brave the cosmological abyss.
D) do all of this to not contact us and steal cows for some reason.
E) and then do A B and C again to make it back.

Seem farfetched even by the most imaginative of standards. I do have one scenario that is somewhat viable, But it still requires a LOT of assumptions. Here it is:

Hypothetically. Aliens would have to create a giant space station made out of extremely long lasting technology. The ship would have to be designed so that its hull could be replenished, Probably with star dust at first. They would have to use some crazy form of navigation to get through the abyss and during this time, They would have to breed for possibly millions or up to hundreds of billions of years to survive the trip. Cryogenesis could reduce this number a bit. Once all of these stupidly unlikely conditions were met. I could justify one cow abduction.

That's pretty much all I got on the subject.
Posted by K_Michael_Tolman 3 years ago
K_Michael_Tolman
I think the ramjet is the most efficient mode of interstellar travel, At least on a theoretical level, Since we can't test it yet.
Posted by WrickItRalph 3 years ago
WrickItRalph
will do
Posted by K_Michael_Tolman 3 years ago
K_Michael_Tolman
That makes sense unless some sort of magnetic field could repel atomic debris from striking the hull. Free-floating individual atoms would be easily repelled.
You should also read this article. Https://en. Wikipedia. Org/wiki/Bussard_ramjet
Posted by WrickItRalph 3 years ago
WrickItRalph
@melcharaz. The fact that they're aliens is already a great deal of assumptions. Why would we add more assumptions to make it even more unlikely?
Posted by WrickItRalph 3 years ago
WrickItRalph
@Michael. Well we're talking about extremely long amounts of time. No matter how strong you make the vessel, The particles that make up the hull will slowly wear down until it gets thin or breaks. For instance, If I flip a coin, The coin loses a few atoms each time it hits the table. This might not look like much at first. But if you were to flip the coin 500, 000 times you'd start to see it wear out.
Posted by melcharaz 3 years ago
melcharaz
there is the possibility that aliens may not think as we do, And they simply just obey their leader in helping, Guarding, Attacking people through emotions and thoughts. If that is true, We can say that angels and demons are both aliens and are interacting with us. But most people would think it a "Physical" alien that we may or may not see that's affecting the earth as we know it. The ultimate conspiracy theory has been in front of us all along.

Heaven and hell are fighting over our souls.
Posted by K_Michael_Tolman 3 years ago
K_Michael_Tolman
What do you mean, Hull life?
As far as I can tell, The hull will be fine. There won't be any stresses on it, Except for the pressure differences, Which isn't any different from a thermos bottle.
Nothing will be hitting the ship, So ballistic forces won't affect it either.
And finally, No corrosion or oxidation due to the vacuum of space.
Posted by WrickItRalph 3 years ago
WrickItRalph
You got me sold if you can explain hull maintenance and life within the observable universe. I'll give the extremely generous estimate of 100, 000 years of hull life as the goal post. Although I believe it would have to be exponentially higher.
Posted by K_Michael_Tolman 3 years ago
K_Michael_Tolman
3. I'm not talking about solar kites. I'm saying that an interstellar craft will behave like the Voyager Probes, Going in a straight line with constant speed WITHOUT any sort of costly propulsion.
Posted by WrickItRalph 3 years ago
WrickItRalph
Interesting.
@K_Mich

1. Don't leave out the part where we haven't found anything in all of those planets.
2. Fair.
3. Yes, I'm familiar with solar kites. Humans do have to cost some energy though. At least a little.
4. Funny you mentioned, That. I combined that with breeding in my argument. Great minds think alike.

1. Fair
2. Fair
3. Fair. . Ish. There was a couple of dubious signals. One can dream.

I like the neutral approach. Thanks.