Christian2524
Anonymous

Are all religions the same just from different points of view?

Christian2524 has forfeited round #4.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Christian2524

Pro

I believe that every single religion is the same just from a different perspective because if look at the Muslim faith they see Jesus as a messenger or a prophet of ALLAH almost every religion has a Jesus in it and if you compare the christian faith to the Muslim faith Jesus was a messenger or prophet even in the christian faith he was a messenger for God with this argument please keep it respectful I do not mean to offend anybody just my point of view

Con

I'm going to end this argument as quickly as it had begun. To claim that all religions are the same just from different points of view is absolutely ridiculous. Religions such as Buddhism, Hinduism, Animism, etc. have no reference to Jesus Christ as a messenger or a prophet or a Messiah. Comparing Christianity to Islam by no means includes "all religions", and even then, Christianity doesn't recognize Mohammed as holy or divine in any way.
Christian2524

Pro

You are saying that Hinduism,Animism,etc. have no reference to a Jesus Christ look at it in a different perspective perhaps they do not call him by the same name because every language translates into different words by all means I do not mean that they are exactly the same thing but I do mean that over centuries they have been translated so many times that they have been twisted into are own words but every religion has almost the same setup if you really think about it that every religion is similar in one way or another you really have to look at things from every perspective not one open your eyes

Con

Not all religions are set up the same way. Some worship one god. Some worship multiple gods. Some worship so many gods that it is nearly impossible to memorize. Some worship nature. Some worship aliens. Some worship a flying spaghetti monster. To say that all religions are the same from different points of view is absolutely ludicrous. And saying "open your eyes" doesn't make you sound like anything but a conspiracy theorist. And they don't exactly have a high societal standing. Different religions were developed at different times in completely different areas of the globe. You can not say "I have one apple" and say "I have ten apples" and claim that they are just the same from different points of view. You're argument is flawed and is a dramatic stretch.
Christian2524

Pro

They all revolve around a character like a Christ or a God whatever you would like to call it they all show the same basic concept of a Christ or a powerful creator whatever you would like to call it they have many similarities no matter how you look at it

Con

First of all, Christ and God are separate. They aren't the same thing. And no, not all of them have similarities. To say that just because they all have some sort of divinity is like saying oranges and apples are fruits. It in no way makes them the same thing. Sure, some of them have similarities. But so does a fighter jet and a toy truck. Saying that they are the same thing just because they have similarities is ridiculous. And just the fact that you didn't know the difference between Christ and God shows your ignorance on the subject of religion in general. Or just history.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
Lathian3
Unless thoroughly looked into you could say that most religions are summed up by telling someone to live a moral life in devotion to what ever deity or idealism they uphold to be the most righteous however further study into any religion will show you that there are a great number of differences between them. Islam as it stands would say that Jesus was a blasphemer and would condemn him to death. a Buddhist might say that Jesus may have reached enlightenment but many would disagree especially since he claimed to be God which if it weren't true would mean he was prideful and self absorbed which goes against their teachings. I'm using Christianity as the example mostly because it is the religion I am most familiar with but the point remains. We have different religions because people believe different things. It wouldn't make sense for them all to be about the same belief.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
MetallicaFan1
No they are not!