AquinasEdu
Karen073021

Are charter schools better than public schools?

AquinasEdu

Con

I think charter schools are not either "good" nor "bad" but are about the best fit for the student, Parent, Or educator. I just wrote an e-book on this topic called "What's the Deal With Charter Schools? " on Amazon Kindle but was curious to hear back from others.
Karen073021

Pro

I feel that public schools are better than charter schools for the simple reason that the public school system has many more programs available for the student. Being that public schools have budgets that usually have the availability for programs that will engage students. Clubs and groups after school are very popular in public schools and not as much in charter schools. I speak from experience, Since I have a child who attended both charter and public school. Of course, It could have been the specific charter school my child attended, But there are many more programs and opportunities for my child in the public school system. There's the assumption that charter schools are preferred because it is difficult to get into one because they do not accept everyone. My child got into the charter school based on a lottery and I was excited and all in on the change because I assumed that she was a special one because she got in based on that lottery. However, That was quickly diminished when I saw the quality of programs, Education, And attention to my child and her progress. There is also the assumption that public school teachers are lazy and just show up for a pay check, However, Many people don't realize that teachers of public school systems go above and beyond their responsibility to shine in their schools, Whether it be for performance incentives or personal strive to reach every child. Public school teachers do have unions but they are proud of their jobs and the difference they make. In my opinion the biggest assumption is that charter schools are prestigious, But in reality the education is at the same level as public schools.
AquinasEdu

Con

AquinasEdu forfeited this round.
Karen073021

Pro

Karen073021 forfeited this round.
AquinasEdu

Con

AquinasEdu forfeited this round.
Karen073021

Pro

Karen073021 forfeited this round.
AquinasEdu

Con

AquinasEdu forfeited this round.
Karen073021

Pro

Karen073021 forfeited this round.
AquinasEdu

Con

AquinasEdu forfeited this round.
Karen073021

Pro

Karen073021 forfeited this round.