Chronosofwisdom
Joeseph123

Are electric cars really green?

Chronosofwisdom

Con

Are electric cars really green? Obama seems to think so. But after extensive study, I have concluded that electric cars are not only not any better than normal cars, But are actually worse. Lets just have a fun and friendly debate.
Joeseph123

Pro

Hello opposition, I have accepted your challenge but I do believe that they are green in some certain circumstances where they have been powered by non-fossil fuel electricity. I think that this is going to be the main argument that you will use and would like you to know that I agree with you, However Obama has won 10 prizes for his actions, So I think that we can believe a man such as himself. Also I will keep this fun and friendly, However you will be destroyed.
Chronosofwisdom

Con

11:00.

Lets talk about power. Where do you think your electric cars get their power? I hope you didn't say wind, Solar, Hydroelectric, Or anything other than coal. Most of the electricity that is generated is made by coal, And you can't just slap a solar panel on whatever you want and call it "green". It is simple logic, Electric cars are coal powered cars, Which has been proven to create more greenhouse gasses than oil or gasoline. Obviously I have more evidence as to why electric cars are not green, But this is my argument for #2.
Joeseph123

Pro

Joeseph123 forfeited this round.
Chronosofwisdom

Con

I want to give him fair time.
Joeseph123

Pro

Joeseph123 forfeited this round.
Posted by K_Michael_Tolman 3 years ago
K_Michael_Tolman
Cool! I'm glad you agree.
Posted by Chronosofwisdom 3 years ago
Chronosofwisdom
"Electric cars are coal-powered cars"
Posted by Chronosofwisdom 3 years ago
Chronosofwisdom
Actually that is one of my points i was going to make.
Posted by K_Michael_Tolman 3 years ago
K_Michael_Tolman
Ad hominem, Con. You say that Obama is to be trusted because he has won awards. Being right (or deemed to be) does not make you infallible. Just because a specific person supports something doesn't make it right.
The problem is that non-fossil fuel energy sources are a minority. Coal is still a larger power source than solar, Hydro-electric, And wind combined worldwide. So charging an electric car is Currently still isn't "green. " If we had more non-fossil fuel energy, Then it could be argued that they are greener.