FurryK
GhostOcean52

Are furries good?

FurryK has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 2 years ago Status: Debating Period

FurryK

Pro

Yes, I think furries are ok. People have made many misconceptions over the years and the CSI episode did not help at all.
GhostOcean52

Con

Your statement was vague therefore I believe it can be interpreted a number of ways.

If you are arguing that furries are not 'bad people', then I neither agree nor disagree. Instead, I would offer that since furries do not subscribe to some concrete ideology past their immediate fetish, and are not a unified group of sorts, judgement of such a group should take place on a case-by-case basis.

If you are arguing that furry culture is not respected but should be, then I disagree. Should being a furry be illegal? No, because our society is built on the premise that the government cannot control interests unless they pose threat or harm to other non-consenting individuals. That's why child porn is illegal, why some argue for guns to become illegal, etc. Furries are not harming others, therefore they have a right to exercise such a fetish. However, this does not void them from criticism, mockery, or lack of respect. The right of free speech allows for such things; personally, I believe the fetishization of animals is despicable and repulsive. Do some disagree? Yes, clearly. Is it a matter of interests? Certainly. But unless you can provide any serious claim about why furries are 'good' or make a claim about how others should treat them, this whole debate is sort of pointless.

In short, I would like you to make an actual specific claim rather than such a broad, general one such as classifying a group as 'good'.
Posted by WOLF.J 2 years ago
WOLF.J
What are furries b?