WW2GuyWhoLikesWW2
397492387

Are mainstream news networks bias

WW2GuyWhoLikesWW2

WW2GuyWhoLikesWW2

Pro

I believe they are biased and that there's nothing we can really do to change that. A large population can believe Fox over MSNBC when in reality they're all just propaganda machines for the political parties.
397492387

Con

While mainstream news organizations are biased they are not (overall) biased one way or another because the leftwing for MSNBC is cancelled out by the rightwing in fox news the leftwing in Huffpost is cancelled out by the right wing in Breitbart and so on feel free to disagree with me happy debating.
WW2GuyWhoLikesWW2

Pro

Well, you're not arguing against the proposed argument. It won't cancel out anything there's still bias in all things except for when people state nothing but facts that were decided to be fact because it was scientifically proven.
397492387

Con

I agree with you but they are not necessarily biased one way or another.
WW2GuyWhoLikesWW2

Pro

I mean it's just common sense at this point to see that MSNBC hasn't said one positive thing about Trump. I can't google "Important white inventions" without some blackwash just thrown into it that has nothing to do with what I want to find.

The word bias "prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair." The prejudice of Donald Trump is paramount, I'm not arguing that it's all one way or the other, except it is more left leaning than right leaning. In main news networks that are known to the public. If I asked do you know, CNN, or MSNBC, or CBS. They'll say yes I know those. You say fox, and that's it. Population regardless, it's about being known and being able to reach out. Already 3 to 1 in known main news networks that are commonly talked about no OAN or NPR because obviously, the average person doesn't see that every day. The main news organization is a corporation that reports on news that that audience wants to hear. Yes all main news networks are biased in the sense they have an agenda that they want to say. As stated in the argument "Are mainstream news networks bias".

Donations by the CEOs and the Veritas project show that yes, there is agendas in the media which make it obvious that spouting off propaganda just to get votes. Is tearing the country quite literally apart to the point that the Democrats have no standing for a candidate that will be able to win and we will have another 4 years of trump due to that. They run a weak camp and I wouldn't be surprised if Democrats lost 2-3 seats in this 2018 voting. You can come back and message me if I'm wrong.
397492387

Con

First of all in 2018 voting sites like the economist say that democrats will win 9 seats far from losing 2 or three second of all I'm not saying that MSNBC isn't biased but Im saying their bias is canceled out by fox news' an other media networks so to say that medias biased overall would be highly misleading.
Posted by WW2GuyWhoLikesWW2 3 years ago
WW2GuyWhoLikesWW2
The guy I was arguing with kind of just ignored what I wrote about how there's more mainstream news networks that are leaning left and constantly criticizing trump every day without one day of saying "Hey nice job with korea you got them to work together after 68 years of people failing to get them to work together"

My opponent also says that the economist says that Democrats will gain many seats. Well, this heavily left-leaning subscription sure doesn't sound bias at all.
Posted by Negotiate 3 years ago
Negotiate
Everything on TV has been in someway. Chevy Chase admitted that he used his SNL skits to promote the Democratic Party candidate for president during his time on the show.

Yea, I agree that it's tough to change- media and TV overall has been, they're a business and that's not going to change. Views determine news because views determine profits.

Also, I'm digging your avatar meme. Lmao. I disagree though- he made cannons work in 1812. Being that it was about the War of 1812 supposedly, it makes sense why you'd hear cannons.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
WW2GuyWhoLikesWW2397492387Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con conceded in round two.