haiden_1me
armoredcat

Are mermaids real

armoredcat
Updated: 3 weeks ago Status: Post Voting Period

haiden_1me

Pro

I believe that mermaids are real, Because there is so much proof of them being real we are just being blinded/misdirected by the government because they do not want people to be scared and people shouldn't disregard the question because we have only explored 10% of our ocean and they could be any were do you know how big/deep the ocean is they have the best hiding spot in the world.
armoredcat

Con

-- BOP --

Since Pro is Pro, And Pro is the instigator of the debate, Pro has the Burden of Proof and has to prove that mermaids are real. I do not have to do anything but refute his points.

-- Arguments --

"I believe that mermaids are real, Because there is so much proof of them being real we are just being blinded/misdirected by the government because they do not want people to be scared"

No evidence. Why would people be scared of mermaids? According to most "sightings", They are supposedly majestic creatures.

"people shouldn't disregard the question because we have only explored 10% of our ocean ["] best hiding spot in the world. "

The debate is on whether mermaids are real, Not whether they could be. Pro gives 0 evidence.
haiden_1me

Pro

I believe that most mermaids some are not majestic animals and would probably cause harm to people do to there past inter actions with people. There is a mermaid museum where they have fossilized mermaids and there is a man who reported seeing a mermaid while in a submarine and he got it on video so if at one point in time they were real and there are still not only reported sightings but there are also videos then they are real in my opinion.
armoredcat

Con

"I believe that most mermaids some are not majestic animals and would probably cause harm to people do to there past inter actions with people. "

Once again, No evidence. The authorities agree that there's no evidence as well. [1]

"There is a mermaid museum where they have fossilized mermaids "

Where? Is there evidence that these fossils are real?

"and there is a man who reported seeing a mermaid while in a submarine and he got it on video so if at one point in time they were real"

Show me the video? Just because says it happened doesn't make it true.

"not only reported sightings but there are also videos then they are real in my opinion. "

Show me?

SOURCES:

[1] www. Livescience. Com/21377-mermaids-no-evidence-noaa. Html
haiden_1me

Pro

This man cought on tape a mermaid. Https://youtu. Be/bSG3kPa-jOU

and here are some of the points I made www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=RTDZGXJNO6I&pbjreload=10%3F

win or loss this debate I will always believe that mermaids are real
armoredcat

Con

Your first video was literally labeled by Animal Planet as science fiction based on a theoretical claim. [1] It was admitted to be fake.

Your second video is unavailable.

In conclusion, Pro has offered 0 legitimate evidence besides debunked hoaxes and unsupported assertions. I have successfully debunked all of it, And thus fulfilled my BOP.

I thank Pro for this debate.

Vote Con!

[1] www. Dailymail. Co. Uk/news/article-2333515/Mermaid-hoax-How-mockumentary-gave-Animal-Planet-biggest-audience-EVER. Html
Vote Placed by zhaod1 3 weeks ago
zhaod1
haiden_1mearmoredcatTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had made the claim that mermaids are real without any real proof, as refuted by Con. She used 2 videos that reportedly showed mermaids, but Con effectively rendered them useless by proving the videos are fake. In addition, Pro had poor grammar, with many run-on sentences. Since Pro had the burden of proof, Con wins on argument as well.