Anonymous
BabyBoyRyomaHoshi

Are there Biblical contradictions?

Con

Pro starts, Please only give 5 at a time.
BabyBoyRyomaHoshi

Pro

So, Since I'm taking the pro side, I assume that you believe that there are no biblical contradictions. This link ( https://infidels. Org/library/modern/donald_morgan/contradictions. Html ) shows a list of a ton of biblical contradictions. I obviously didn't read all of them because I'm not insane, But you said "post only five at a time" so I'll post a few from the website I linked.

LE 19:18, MT 22:39 Love your neighbor [as much as] yourself.
1CO 10:24 Put your neighbor ahead of yourself.

NU 11:33 God inflicts sickness.
JB 2:7 Satan inflicts sickness.

DT 30:11-20 It is possible to keep the law.
RO 3:20-23 It is not possible to keep the law.

JS 11:20 God shows no mercy to some.
LK 6:36, JA 5:11 God is merciful.

JG 4:21 Sisera was sleeping when Jael killed him.
JG 5:25-27 Sisera was standing.

Source:
The link above
Their source:
The Bible, Probably
BabyBoyRyomaHoshi

Pro

Since he didn't reply in time, I'm gonna go a little into depth about two of my contradictions from my last argument. Hi comment section, Y'all said I needed context. But like, No I don't.

NU 11:33 God inflicts sickness.
JB 2:7 Satan inflicts sickness.

Satan and God are opposites, And the bible says they both do something when only one of them can, Therefore it is a contradiction

It is possible

Just kidding, Its not f*ck you ecks dee

Contradiction
BabyBoyRyomaHoshi

Pro

BabyBoyRyomaHoshi forfeited this round.
BabyBoyRyomaHoshi

Pro

BabyBoyRyomaHoshi forfeited this round.
BabyBoyRyomaHoshi

Pro

BabyBoyRyomaHoshi forfeited this round.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
After all that you being whether He-Man or She-Ra or both or a pregnant transsexual nun who still shaves his nuts to fit in with the groin pull crowd, *yawn* doesn't realize he's just a mamogram away from a yeast infection resurrection tutelage of his own contradictions.
Posted by Just-Call-Me-PK 3 years ago
Just-Call-Me-PK
After all that still no response to your own objection regarding the cross inscriptions. I"ll keep you in my prayers mate.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
@jackgilbert - G. L. With the himicane. Sorry herricane. Sorry hurricane (damn can't I ever be politically incorrect? ) Now the ONLY excuse you have for not finishing the debate is if the power goes out in the area you live in. Hopefully it won't. Last year was MISERABLE when we got hit here in Orlando with hurricane Irma. Power was down for 5 days. Nothing to do. Food almost got spoiled. Almost ran out of clean water. You guys are lucky, Though I don't know where you live, But its skirting across FAST. So hopefully no damage that we got last year will happen.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
with at least 1 billion dead on the battlefields alone all in the supposed "good" name of this god. Great going this superior ego god complex in which the bible is entirely about and nothing else. Great going you for worshiping this belief only. What do you gain from it? And why believe? "god is love" or "god creates everything/ all life" as idiotic as that is and statements like that do not count.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
"At the time of it being written was a time stories were told in writings to make points so some of it may not be literal. " Wow. Again another invented excuse. Nice try. How little you know. Try telling that one to billions of those who follow your god, Especially those in Arab lands and they will chop your head off without thinking twice for sheer blaspheme. Then there's billions of christians on this earth that would easily disagree with you and some of them who are fundamentalists, They'd do the same. In other words, You should at the very least do some research into your religion before opening your maw into something that you CLEARLY know nothing about. Now let's follow your way of thinking. . . Then according to you, You cannot follow your bible AT ALL, Nor your god, Nor your christ. So everything you believe in as far as christianity is concerned is full of fakery and is fraudulent. You said it. I didn't. "so some of it may not be literal. " Some. What is "some"? YOU have no clue or idea. How do YOU separate fact from fiction? How do YOU discern from what is truth and what is false? See that's what ALL supposed christians (don't worry there's no such a thing as a christian except for perhaps 1, 000 people on the planet) do. They think that they can bend the rules of their god and christ into their wants, Needs and desires. "Then you have to look at the new testament which has completely different genres. " Yeah and the god of the OT changed from an evil, Anger, Wrath, Vengeance, Rage, Fury, Jealous (by his own admissions) to a fluff bunny in the NT even though the NT is far worse than the OT with its pile of manure spread even though both are truly sick and disgusting. What so-called christians don't get is that this god of theirs could have started out with peace, Kindness, Care, Love, Harmony etc etc etc AND KEPT IT. Nah. He prefers the baggage emotions previously mentioned who neatly passed down those emotions to man so in turn man could learn to hate
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
@Just-Call-Me-PK - See, People like you are exactly why christianity is fading and failing and rightly so. "Death didn"t exist for man before the fall, Adam and Eve separated themselves from God" According to what? You? How would you know? What first-grade idiocies made you come up with that preschool preemptive strike hand grenade weight loss program lubricant jelly roll on your twinkle toes blisters for tomorrow's wasteland fetal hairbrush that NOBODY of merit would ever agree with? Don't believe me? Try rummaging that ideal down other churches throats, Say 10 within a 20 mile radius (spread out of course) and see what kind of consensus you get. Yeppers, Did yah forget about those that lived in the Amazon rainforest? Or how bout those neanderthals who lived in the African plains who knew their jesus jujitsu long before your messiah was even born who in which there's no proof for even existing in which your religion plagiarized. Oh yes that belief you have is so intimidating isn't it to the well-wishers or the whisher-wells but its never to those who wish-you-well huh? Wow. Something you don't get is that your unproven god, Is reasonably intelligent and edumacated, Sorry educated, In which we both know that he's not, This "thing" we shall call "him" would never be STUPID enough to use text as a form of communication, The worst form of communication possible. In other words, Your bible is a pile of smitten rubble. Figure out the many (too many to count on two hands) why's to that. They are so easy. Guess what? You failed by even dreaming of the adam and eve incident in which of course is only a story and cannot be proved at all. Even worse since many consider adam and eve to be the failure or man throughout time, That shows how truly ridiculous YOUR god is especially if this god is a god he would already know of the failure BEFORE IT WAS TO HAPPEN. What a jerk. Thankfully atheists do not bow yield or kneel to this garbage.
Posted by asta 3 years ago
asta
What's that?
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
I might not have time to finish the debate. Hurricane Michael is about to hit us
Posted by Just-Call-Me-PK 3 years ago
Just-Call-Me-PK
@backwardseden, You highlight my point exactly. I will give you a couple of examples and you can look at the rest of it. This is why I commented, Arguments are being made based on the face value of individual texts and not even that, There is no reasoning to back it up. Regarding your first comment, The words were written in Hebrew, Greek and Latin on the cross and also isn"t specifically essential. Death didn"t exist for man before the fall, Adam and Eve separated themselves from God when they eat the fruit. It"s also worth noting the genres, For example in genesis, At the time of it being written was a time stories were told in writings to make points so some of it may not be literal. Then you have to look at the new testament which has completely different genres.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
@Skye2468 - Seasoned beatings! Oh sorry. A deliberate moss-steak on my part. Will you NEVER forgiveth lil ole me? I know. . . Take my slinky brain and oxidize it with pancake batter at a concrete parachuting class and hold me underwater while I sing yodeling grunge country opera love songs. How have yee been?

Yeah disagreements. This time there can be none with this website. Its irrefutable. Its 16 pages. Here you go. There's no link to it. DDO will kill it. So copy and paste, If you are interested into your google search engine as it gets into both the OT and NT and some of its hypocritical contradictions AND the bible itself and rips it to shreds. . . Its done in a different way. It takes verses and then does a commentary on them.
Proof that religion is a man-made device and why it is outdated *this article mainly uses Christianity

Please always tc and have fun! -Michael