Anonymous
BabyBoyRyomaHoshi

Are there Biblical contradictions?

Con

Pro starts, Please only give 5 at a time.
BabyBoyRyomaHoshi

Pro

So, Since I'm taking the pro side, I assume that you believe that there are no biblical contradictions. This link ( https://infidels. Org/library/modern/donald_morgan/contradictions. Html ) shows a list of a ton of biblical contradictions. I obviously didn't read all of them because I'm not insane, But you said "post only five at a time" so I'll post a few from the website I linked.

LE 19:18, MT 22:39 Love your neighbor [as much as] yourself.
1CO 10:24 Put your neighbor ahead of yourself.

NU 11:33 God inflicts sickness.
JB 2:7 Satan inflicts sickness.

DT 30:11-20 It is possible to keep the law.
RO 3:20-23 It is not possible to keep the law.

JS 11:20 God shows no mercy to some.
LK 6:36, JA 5:11 God is merciful.

JG 4:21 Sisera was sleeping when Jael killed him.
JG 5:25-27 Sisera was standing.

Source:
The link above
Their source:
The Bible, Probably
BabyBoyRyomaHoshi

Pro

Since he didn't reply in time, I'm gonna go a little into depth about two of my contradictions from my last argument. Hi comment section, Y'all said I needed context. But like, No I don't.

NU 11:33 God inflicts sickness.
JB 2:7 Satan inflicts sickness.

Satan and God are opposites, And the bible says they both do something when only one of them can, Therefore it is a contradiction

It is possible

Just kidding, Its not f*ck you ecks dee

Contradiction
BabyBoyRyomaHoshi

Pro

BabyBoyRyomaHoshi forfeited this round.
BabyBoyRyomaHoshi

Pro

BabyBoyRyomaHoshi forfeited this round.
BabyBoyRyomaHoshi

Pro

BabyBoyRyomaHoshi forfeited this round.
Posted by Skye2468 3 years ago
Skye2468
I have missed you :) we might have disagreements but you do make this website interesting
Posted by Skye2468 3 years ago
Skye2468
Hey backwardseden how have you been
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
@Our_Boat_is_Right
@Just-Call-Me-PK
Nobody has to point out anything in the bible as to any contradictions or why they contradict. Why? Its simple. They contradict. Especially especially especially from a book that is supposed to be perfect in which it clearly isn't. And there's at least 1, 000 contradictions and or inconsistencies in the bible which make it unreadable. Here's a few blatant ones. . .
Matthew 27:37 The inscription on the cross read: "This is Jesus the King of the Jews. "
Mark 15:26 "The King of the Jews. "
Luke 23:38 "This is the King of the Jews. "
John 19:19 "Jesus of Nazareth, The King of the Jews. "

Genesis 2:17 Adam was to die the very day that he ate the forbidden fruit.
"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, Thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. "
The contradiction"
Genesis 5:5 Adam lived 930 years.
"And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died. "

Old Testament, Book of genesis, Verse 1:31- And God saw every thing that he had made, And, Behold, It was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
Old Testament, Book of genesis, Verse 6:6- And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, And it grieved him at his heart.
Old Testament, Book of genesis, Verse 6:7- And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, And beast, And the creeping thing, And the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
Comment: God is supposedly an all-powerful and all-knowing entity who then creates man and beast and is then displeased with his creation. Surely what he creates should be perfect and without fault. Therefore since man and beast is not perfect, They could not have been made by the hands of god.

etc etc etc There's plenty more if you want. That's only the beginning.
Posted by Just-Call-Me-PK 3 years ago
Just-Call-Me-PK
Sorry, Pro* not con.
Posted by Just-Call-Me-PK 3 years ago
Just-Call-Me-PK
Lazy responses should be taken seriously when voting, Con lists passages that "contradict" but doesn"t outline the context of the passages and why they contradict. This is the most common "arguments" used by non believers and should be dismissed immediately.
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
The thing about biblical contradictions, Is that, People usually cite one verse or sentence, But you have to take into account the context of the passage or situation.
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
There are basic fundamental contradictions that are not being answered. The bible assumes that belief is a choice, When it is not. The bible assumes that morality needs an authority, When it does not. The bible assumes that faith is a reliable path to knowledge, When it is not.
Posted by PointProven 3 years ago
PointProven
Yes. The answer is yes, There are biblical contradictions. This isn't a debate, It's a fact.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
@deathtank55555 - Well where does god come into the picture? Yeppers the bible is entirely about this god's character superior ego god complex and nothing else. EVERYTHING in the bible screams of this ego so yeah with it being written by men as all religions are until proven otherwise, You've got the classic 1. Power then comes 2. Fear and then comes 3. Control which governs nearly all religions. Of course christianity is no exception. Now try telling that to a supposed christian (don't worry as there is no such a thing as a christian) and they will go into ab-so-lu-te denial as the host of this debate ---always--- does without proof of anything and thus has no evidence to back up what he states.
Posted by deathtank55555 3 years ago
deathtank55555
I would just like to put my say on this. Disclaimer; not a christian myself.
The bible says no man is perfect.
Romans 3:10 "As it is written: None is righteous, No, Not one;"
There are many more.
The bible was written by men.
Therefore, As one of man's creations, It can also not be perfect.
therefore it has to have contradictions or mistakes.
BTW this is an argument for contender