KJVPrewrather
YakovF

Are we all one human race?

KJVPrewrather has forfeited round #4.

KJVPrewrather

Pro

Acts 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
YakovF

Con

No. Why do people refer to some as, White, African American, Asian, etc.? Plus if that was true, a lot of stuff wouldn't be true an wouldn't apply. Take affirmative action.
https://en.wikipedia.org... (I find this whole entire law racist, but it's my opinion)
That is dependent on race.

Also what were you talking about in round 1? I did not understand a word you said. Was it from the bible?
KJVPrewrather

Pro

We all have a common anscestor, and it is pretty racist to say there are seperate races.
YakovF

Con

"We all have a common anscestor, and it is pretty racist to say there are seperate races."
"and it is pretty racist" - you
Well, the logic doesn't apply because to you we're all one race! Not to be rude, but you contradicted yourself there, and admitted there are multiple race with saying it's racist.
Also it's not racist. Just because we all have a common ancestor doesn't mean we're the same. That's like saying we're the same species as a banana because we all came from the same bacteria (This is an example of evolution, I'm not saying it's real. Just use it as an example)
KJVPrewrather

Pro

Studies of the human genome show we are all one human race. These divisions are foolish.
YakovF

Con

Again, that's like saying we're the same species as a banana because we all came from the same bacteria (This is an example of evolution, I'm not saying it's real. Just use it as an example)
Posted by YakovF 11 months ago
YakovF
Race does not equal species, keep that in mind.
Posted by straightup.gong 11 months ago
straightup.gong
The human race is defined as "all people in the world". I don't know what you're referring to with 'we' though. 'We' meaning humans? 'We' meaning all living things? I'm going to guess you mean humans so yes every human on earth is inevitably apart of the human race.
Posted by Balance42 11 months ago
Balance42
Ugh... research the debate at least.
Race, the idea that the human species is divided into distinct groups on the basis of inherited physical and behavioral differences. Genetic studies in the late 20th century refuted the existence of biogenetically distinct races, and scholars now argue that "races" are cultural interventions reflecting specific attitudes and beliefs that were imposed on different populations in the wake of western European conquests beginning in the 15th century.
https://www.britannica.com...
Race is a human construct. What the debater is trying to argue is that we are all one species and that is correct (factually it's not a subjective matter).
Posted by canis 11 months ago
canis
No. I do not think dogs can be called a human race.. but "We" probably can..