NKJVPrewrather
calebjely

Are we all one human race?

calebjely

Con

Human is a species, not a race. I have no problem with the informal use of "Human race", but the term is technically imprecise. Going further to imply that race simply does not exist is plainly false. Race is a general biological term used to denote genetically differentiated human populations defined by phenotype. For example, no one would say a Greyhound and a Shih-Tzu are the same because they are both dogs. The same is true for humans. Human races have differences (in average appearance, abilities and culture). We should embrace these differences instead of pretending that those do not exist, even if they do not entirely define us!
NKJVPrewrather

Pro

Are you going to even watch the video? What about Act's 17:26 which says God has made from one blood all the nations of men to dwell upon the earth? You have failed to present evidence and have only presented your subjective OPINION.
calebjely

Con

1. Act's 17:26 is an appeal to authority, which is a logical fallacy and not reasoning. Make an argument based on evidence and logic, not authority.

2. Even evolutionists believe that we originally come from the same blood, in fact they would go farther in saying "all organic life" has a common ancestor. Basically everyone believes humans came from the one source. I would guess that those who would believe we desperately and independently evolved into the same species or were initially created into separate races is near zero. So what?

3. The question of our origin is a completely separate from whether there is one race (the Human race) today. It seems clear that through procreation and the passage of time (migration, breeding habits, different environment...) that our species have developed groups of genetically similar and genetically different individuals. We designate those different groups as races. There is an important distinction between this idea and the idea of an entire species. To conflate the two may feel good at times, but that is beside the question of is truthfulness.
NKJVPrewrather

Pro

Not everything is a damn fallacy and I am tired of atheists saying this fallacy or that fallacy. Just debate what you believe, and let the voters decide. I am a Christian, and I accept the Bible, deal with it. Studies of the human genome as referenced in my source show that we all have one comon anscester. Where is YOUR evidence?
calebjely

Con

"Not everything is a damn fallacy and I am tired of atheists saying this fallacy or that fallacy."
1. I guess I won't name all of the fallacies in this singular statement then.
2. I never said everything is a fallacy, just you fallacious argument.
3. If you are tired of it, maybe you should stop using fallacies as your main weapon in your argumentative toolkit.
4. I am not an Atheist, nothing I said would presume that. From one Christian to another, maybe you should start arguing from first principles instead of authority. There is a reason it is a fallacy and not persuasive.
5. This is all "beside the point", which is another logical fallacy. Oops, sorry, I said I wouldn't name any of the fallacies in your argument.

"Just debate what you believe, and let the voters decide. I am a Christian, and I accept the Bible, deal with it."
1. Of course I will let the votes decide, that is how the system works and I have no control over that.
2. Debating is about being persuasive and convincing, not just stating what you believe without evidence or reason.
3. I have no issue with you being a Christian and accepting the Bible as truth and have no idea why you would presume otherwise.

"Studies of the human genome as referenced in my source show that we all have one comon anscester. Where is YOUR evidence?"
Evidence for what? I am not arguing we do not have a common ancestor. I believe that common ancestor defines our species not our race.

Here is my evidence that there is one human species and many different human races from dictionary.com.

Species
"the major subdivision of a genus or subgenus, regarded as the basic category of biological classification, composed of related individuals that resemble one another, are able to breed among themselves, but are not able to breed with members of another species."
http://www.dictionary.com...

Race
1. any of the traditional divisions of humankind, the commonest being the Caucasian, Mongoloid, and Negro, characterized by supposedly distinctive and universal physical characteristics.
2. an arbitrary classification of modern humans, sometimes, especially formerly, based on any or a combination of various physical characteristics, as skin color, facial form, or eye shape, and now frequently based on such genetic markers as blood groups.
3 a socially constructed category of identification based on physical characteristics, ancestry, historical affiliation, or shared culture:
4. a human population partially isolated reproductively from other populations, whose members share a greater degree of physical and genetic similarity with one another than with other humans.
http://www.dictionary.com...
Posted by Themadman 2 years ago
Themadman
Pro's round three response was quite amusing. As a quick response (on Con's behalf so he doesn't waste his time on this rubbish) Atheists complain about fallacies because they are flaws in reasoning. They often sound good but are universally wrong. Slipping a fallacy into your argument shows that you have no real evidence to support your claim and is from a debate standpoint akin to cheating. It also appears to me that pro didn't read con's arguments since he rebutted the one common ancestor point multiple times.
Posted by DeletedUser 2 years ago
DeletedUser
I agree with you 100%. Race is something out of everyone's control. It isn't fair to judge someone because of it.