Anonymous
ProtectionK9International

Art should be banned

Started: 11/26/2018 Category: Arts

Pro

Art just causes stress and really hurts people and really miseducates people into believing things about the world and I think capital punishment is nessicary.
ProtectionK9International

Con

I'm unsure exactly how art directly causes stress, Hurts people, And really mi educates people into believing things. But, I feel banning "Art" would be a very hard thing to do, And very unethical as it would cross a lot of freedoms that are afforded to everyday citizens.

It is extremely hard to discriminate what "art" is considered and not considered. As in, Where does the line for "Art" and "not Art" exist? Playing a piano is art, Making the perfect Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich is art, And even things such as erecting drywall fast and efficiently is considered an art. . . So, How do you draw the line on what constitutes art, Versus what doesn't constitute art?

Furthermore, Banning Art would eliminate many of the wonderful inventions, Cultural norms, And other facets of everyday life that we experience, Enjoy, And take for granted. Most, Which came about without negatively affecting a single soul.

Thus, I am against banning "Art" in entirety because I am positive it would be a slippery slope that would begin leaning toward removing not only everyone's freedoms of expression, But also removing everyday normal parts of life that many don't even think to look at as an "Art" of sorts (like the drywall and Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich example above).

Pro

Should citizens be allowed to hurt themselves and others with so-called art? Is that a freedom we should grant the people? The freedom of oppressive power struggles and ruining of people entire careers?

I define art as bringing information into the world past what your words/actions are saying and making people believe there is some greater meaning to it, Provoking some heavy evaluation. That is the very act of brainwashing. Making people think way past what you have given them to the extent that it destroys their fabric of being. Culture norms are the greatest form of art, And kill many due to acute stress syndrome. Acute stress syndrome is currently the leading cause of death all over the world, And I think the main cause is because of art.

A food item designed perfectly does not constitute art! It constitutes the truth. And art is never the truth. Art is always the false. And thats why it is the leading cause of death. Its like acid rain. It burrows into your skin while you think it is something else. The only reason you think a stupid sandwich is art is because of Christianity.

Erecting a drywall is not art. It is an action necessary to pursue humanity. Art is not, And it holds us back, Like a greasy taco bell employee when you are trying to evade taxes. Art creates tyranny, And freedom of expression does not mean freedom to kill. Is arson art? Should we legalize arson just because of the art form it is? No! Because art would kill even more with acute stress syndrome, And we need to stop it before it kills all of humanity. I rest my case.
ProtectionK9International

Con

ProtectionK9International forfeited this round.

Pro

Respect me and actually argue against me
ProtectionK9International

Con

Pro

Why won't you argue against me
ProtectionK9International

Con

ProtectionK9International

Con

Posted by TheBoldDebator 3 years ago
TheBoldDebator
Actually, Art is really soothing and calms the mind and lets you use your creativity and the skills that God has given you. Plus, They use art in designing clothes and houses. :)
Posted by Thoht 3 years ago
Thoht
Pro has to define art.

Good luck.