bastobasto
Adam_Godzilla

Art should not be graded at school ( Or atleast not depending the student's actual skill )

Adam_Godzilla
Started: 11/10/2018 Category: Arts

bastobasto

Pro

Art can easily hurt a student's year by lowering his average/average compared to class, Even thought he is good at school in general. A student who aim for a 80 average can see that objective broken by art, Who can lower the average by 1-2 points.

Not everyone is as good at art, And some, Like me, Have multiple actual problems that they were born with that make it harder.

I do not have any more argument that'd I'd speak about as I want to see what my opponent have to say.
Adam_Godzilla

Con

I want to remind voters not to let your own opinion affect your voting.

Art should be graded. Schools generally grade art based on student knowledge and appreciation of techniques and variety of art. A student's own artwork is not heavily judged. But knowledge of art is a skill in of itself.

If you say it shouldn't be graded because some kids have a personal problem then fine, Schools can make exceptions. But this debate is talking in generalizations. In general, Schools should grade art. If they don't, Then why even have it as a subject? If schools have art as a subject, They should grade it, Otherwise they're wasting people's time. People can learn and do art at home.

bastobasto

Pro

'Art should be graded. Schools generally grade art based on student knowledge and appreciation of techniques and variety of art. A student's own artwork is not heavily judged. But knowledge of art is a skill in of itself. '

I don't know where do you come from, But in Canada atleast, Your art is judged. Your knowledge of art don't matter and you can throw it in the trash. I never learnt a single thing about the story of art. I get given a paper, And then you need to draw something. This surely is not a single case and a large number of people probably have the same thing as I

'If you say it shouldn't be graded because some kids have a personal problem then fine, Schools can make exceptions. '
It can't. They can't just not grade a whole subject, And most teachers are apparently too retarded to understand that some people have problems with art, And it isn't something you can ' study ' about ( well you can but it's time confusing )

' But this debate is talking in generalizations. In general, Schools should grade art. If they don't, Then why even have it as a subject? If schools have art as a subject, They should grade it, Otherwise they're wasting people's time. People can learn and do art at home. '
Then remove art. My point is that art shouldn't be graded, Weither or not it should actually exist, It isn't my point, I don't care, I would be okay for art to not even exist. It isn't my point at all.
Adam_Godzilla

Con

"Then remove art. My point is that art shouldn't be graded, Wether or not it should actually exist, It isn't my point, I don't care, I would be okay for art to not even exist. It isn't my point at all. "

It's important whether or not it exists. That's my point. If art is a subject, It should be graded. Your title: "art should not be graded at school" implies that art is a subject in your point. That's your whole case: Art (a subject) in school, Should not be graded. Otherwise it's: "Art (which I do at home) should not be graded in school" which is nonsensical.

So let's be very clear here, Pro is stating that art, As a subject, In school, Should not be graded. We have to get this very clear, if we want an actual debate. Otherwise, come chat with me on a forum. This is a debate.

"I don't know where do you come from, But in Canada atleast, Your art is judged. Your knowledge of art don't matter and you can throw it in the trash. I never learnt a single thing about the story of art. I get given a paper, And then you need to draw something. This surely is not a single case and a large number of people probably have the same thing as I"

Alright, Well now you've actually lost this debate. Next time, Build your case properly and be specific. Art should not be a graded subject in Canadian schools, For example. Because I accepted this debate on the assumption that we are talking of general principles. In layman's language: "Hey, Hypothetically, In schools, If art is a subject, It should be graded like the other subjects right? ".

In debates, It's important that both parties know exactly what is being debated.

Anyway, As to your point, There are more skills than just knowledge of art. Your accuracy matters. If the school says to do something, It grades you based on if you accomplished it. Yes, We can exceptions to disabled people, But in general, The school can grade the students. That's how it works for other subjects anyways.

"It can't. They can't just not grade a whole subject, And most teachers are apparently too retarded to understand that some people have problems with art, And it isn't something you can ' study ' about ( well you can but it's time confusing )"

Yes they can not grade a whole subject. It's called many things but for example, Learning disability support. A student can be exempt from subjects, Put in a special class. But for the rest of the kids, It's the same normal grading system. Maybe teachers in your school d
bastobasto

Pro

bastobasto forfeited this round.
bastobasto

Pro

bastobasto forfeited this round.
Posted by Adam_Godzilla 2 months ago
Adam_Godzilla
you used to be able to do that to divide up your arguments. Fvck you site owners.
Posted by Adam_Godzilla 2 months ago
Adam_Godzilla
Oh, You can't put _____ basically numerous underscores.
Posted by omar2345 2 months ago
omar2345
(Said this in another debate)

@Adam_Godzilla

Instead of pasting the link of a source copy the title instead.

First try that the the post your argument. Make sure you copy before you post it so that it is still saved.

If that does not work post each paragraph in the comment section to see which one is the problem.

Hopefully this helps
Posted by Adam_Godzilla 2 months ago
Adam_Godzilla
i can't post my argument. When i do. Nothing happens. It takes me back to the debate page and it says i still need to post my argument.
Posted by omar2345 2 months ago
omar2345
Can you tell me your problem? I might help.
Posted by Adam_Godzilla 2 months ago
Adam_Godzilla
this site is broken. I can't even make a new account.
Posted by Adam_Godzilla 2 months ago
Adam_Godzilla
I concede this debate. I posted my argument ten times and debate dot org simply does not update. I'm disapointed.
Vote Placed by dinachen 2 months ago
dinachen
bastobastoAdam_GodzillaTied
Reasons for voting decision: I agree with the Contenders opinion and arguments. Art should be graded based on craftsmanship and effort, this is because art is a class and if you choose it, you're required to learn it as well. Art is a class, and it does require you to learn.
Vote Placed by omar2345 2 months ago
omar2345
bastobastoAdam_GodzillaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con pointed out for Art to even be a course in school it must be graded. Pro did forfeit.