Anonymous
The_Dank_Gamer

Artificial Intelligence will kill us all

The_Dank_Gamer has forfeited round #4.
Started: 3/19/2019 Category: Technology
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Pro

My position is above. Good luck to my opponent and AI is not big scary robots either.
The_Dank_Gamer

Con

I believe that AI will not kill us all, So first, Let's get a definition clear
AI: the capability of a machine to imitate intelligent human behavior(Merriam Webster); a machine that can imitate human behavior(my definition)

I have a few reasons for believing that ai will not kill us all:
1. They don't have to be in forced servitude; since they can imitate intelligent human behavior(or are intelligent) we shouldn't(and don't need to) keep them in forced servitude as we would a simple robot
2. They may as well be human, As long as we treat them as such, We don't have to worry about them killing us
3. Restrictions can be put in place; killswitches and simply restricting its "brain" from commanding itself to kill can be put in place, So if we do plan on treating AI's poorly, We still wouldn't have to worry

Pro

I have categorized CON'S arguments into two points
1. They are simple human imitators
2. Restrictions will be in place

So lets say that AI does fully imitate a human meaning that they understand the process of threats to their survival and can kill if feel threatened. So they can kill with a human imitated brain. However AI is not a "biological human" meaning that there is differences that I will discuss later. Another problem is that simply restricting is very tough. AI will be very smart. No REALLY smart. Like if there was an intelligence staircase humans and chimps have a difference of 2 stairs. For AI and humans it is more like 50 stairs. It is beyond comprehension. AI will think through a task and say "hey I need to access this database". If the development team says no, Then thats a threat to their original goal, Their purpose, Their survival.

To understand how AI will be smart:
The Law Of Accelerating Returns

This law states that when societies develop the rate of development increases. Like in 1500, The rate of society increasing was not the same as 1750. Jump forward the same time period and in 2019, The rate of societies devopiling is not the same and WAY different. Now we can actually apply the same process to AI. Another example in computing? , You ask In 1940, A computer was able to do 1 calc per second, In 1960, 2k calcs, 1980-2 million calcs, 2000-8. 80 to the tenth power. All of this compared to the Human Brain is Lake Michigan comes out to be a puddle. And now the lake is halfway full.

So for AI, It would look like this: AI is currently at a brain power of an ant. Now if we put a intelligence staircase an ant is 4 steps below a human and 2 behind a chimp. By 2025, It is a human brain and it is accelerating faster than ever. 10 years later and it is WAY smarter than anyone can comprehend and is higher by 50 steps on the intelligence staircase, We can't comprehend how smart it is.

Any task given to AI is a risk. Lets say that AI was assigned to getting rid of spam email. AI starts to think and uses the delete button. Then a tripwire of intelligence happens and realizes that to get rid of spam is to get rid of humans. The AI hacks into infrastructure and creates an small micro army of robots. The AI who is imaginable smarter than us easily kills off humans for good.

AI can be used in WW3 by many countries.
The_Dank_Gamer

Con

The_Dank_Gamer forfeited this round.

Pro

Nothing else to say
The_Dank_Gamer

Con

The_Dank_Gamer forfeited this round.

Pro

Nothing else to say. Man why do people forfeit, Its so annoying.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Why do we use money?
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
I think A. I. Will be the mastering of our nature, And until then we will be slaves to our mechanical side.
Posted by melcharaz 3 years ago
melcharaz
If A. I. Were given all knowledge that we possessed but couldn't recieve the understanding of love, Peace, Mercy etc. They would kill us. Or at the very least see our own self destruction and wonder.
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
Humans are very adaptable slaves, So no an AI would not kill us all, Maybe most of us but not all of us.