ishatwa
Sonofcharl

Artificial Intelligence will take away job opportunities

ishatwa has forfeited round #2.
Started: 6/16/2018 Category: Technology
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

ishatwa

Con

I say preferably that A.I. will take away every single job left for humans.
Sonofcharl

Pro

Preferably? As you are opposing the proposition, I do not understand why you include this word in your opening argument.

Nonetheless, answer me these questions.
What is intelligence?
Is there such a thing as artificial intelligence?

I would suggest that intelligence is intelligence, whether it be organically derived or non-organically derived. That is to say, human or mechanical.

What is a job? I would suggest a task or function, primarily done to facilitate survival.

What we need to ask ourselves is, does organic intelligence have any other purpose other than to facilitate the next stage in the evolutionary process. If not, then perhaps our job might eventually be done.
Posted by Sonofcharl 3 years ago
Sonofcharl
Music is as music does and a talented musician is to be admired by other human beings.
Your question is quite understandably human centred, but human beings are not the centre of the universe nor the be all of everything. Human beings are organic structures, programmed and conditioned with what we refer to as emotions, so I see no reason why non-organic intelligent structures should not be programmed and conditioned in the same way. But are emotions really necessary, maybe emotions are counterproductive, especially with regard to the efficiency of material evolution.
Do you think everything has a purpose?
Posted by Percivil 3 years ago
Percivil
Question for pro:Me as a musician myself has been learning music for the past 8 years of my life. What I learnt was music isnt just about how well you play what is printed on the sheet of paper but rather the emotions you add into it as well.

Question:How can technology replace the role of music teachers? Can a machine really feel emotion?