backwardseden
bfritts5

Atheism is not a religion

bfritts5 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

backwardseden

Pro

"You don't get to put your unreason upon the same shelf with my reason." Bill Maher
"The only way you can be a bad atheist is to believe in god." Matt Dillahunty
http://www.youtube.com... - New Rule: Atheism is not a religion! Unbaptizes Mitt Romney's Dead Father-In-Law!
http://www.youtube.com... - Reasons for accepting atheism
http://www.youtube.com... - Atheism a religion?

Prove that atheism is a religion.

dsjpk5 will not be allowed to vote in the voting process.
bfritts5

Con

Religion definition: the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

Although people who dont believe in any religions counts as the 3rd biggest religon group if you know what I mean.
Ex. Christianity... Islam... Non- believers...
its not a religion itself
backwardseden

Pro

I REALLY hate people like you who take debates when Con agrees with Pro without a single argument. And again, where on earth did you get that definition of Religion "the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods."? Which has 0% to do with the subject Atheism is NOT a religion.
Posted by bfritts5 3 years ago
bfritts5
Straight from google. What is your definition
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
@bfritts5 - I'd REALLY like to know where you got that definition of religion from? "the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods." Regardless, so what? It has 0%to do with the subject at hand which is "Atheism is not a religion".
Posted by bfritts5 3 years ago
bfritts5

its not a religion itself
Posted by MagicAintReal 3 years ago
MagicAintReal
*an occupation...stupid iphone keyboard.
Posted by MagicAintReal 3 years ago
MagicAintReal
Calling atheism a religion is like calling unemployment and occupation.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
Yeah I do have "a clue" as to what claims are "made" in the vidies. They all, every single word and actions of them except for idiot callers from the Atheist Experience vidies who are pig headed and have the intelligence of an atom as compared to the big bang, back up what the very definition of what atheism is.

My words since you are such a smart a$$... Atheism is NOT a religion because of the very definition of the word. Atheism 1. the doctrine or belief that there is no God. 2. disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings. There is also no book nor vidie in the world that defines atheism as a religion, nor has there ever been, whereas within ALL religions, religion IS defined as a religion.
Now you have a nice good look at the definitions of the words "Religion" and "Faith" you simpleton cabbage batbrain. Have fun. I really hate it when people like you deliberately try to play stupid for the mere sake of playing stupid especially when you 100% know you are wrong but can ---never--- admit you are wrong even if you know you are.
Now you go back to your drawing broad, not board, and YOU get a clue because there's no requirement for me to even take this any further. Bye.
Posted by Edlvsjd 3 years ago
Edlvsjd
Understood. You likely have no clue what claims are made in the videos, what they mean, and can't explain their arguments in your own words. It is the equivalent of me posting this:
https://youtu.be...

And demanding that you listen to it, and refute those points. your argument is basically, "bill matter and some parrots from YouTube say so".
https://www.quora.com...
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
Pathetic. No I'm not going to pick just something/ anything to satisfy your tongue lasso of non driving curiosity. And who is this "we"? Um no. Its you. Only you. Only you caught within your blisters and your you know where areas for when you piddle and not knowing what to say next. After all the very definition of atheism is quite explicit in its tone and nucleus of the PERFECTLY defined. And after all there's no book on atheism now is there which automatically defeats your first post. So the vidies, in which you, which shows your utter guttermouth hair loss of of dental problems ARE irrefutable.
Nope the pic of Neptune was just something I picked up from the web, a planet which certainly harbors life. Why was your pic of Bill Nye obviously plagiarized?
Posted by Edlvsjd 3 years ago
Edlvsjd
that's some great CGI profile image, you get that from NASA?
Posted by Edlvsjd 3 years ago
Edlvsjd
I mean you can say they are irrefutable, that is yet to be seen. If there is "far too much information" to convey in this debate, what makes you think anyone will first the time to sit and watch what you are making out to be gish gallops, and then take the time to refute the "far too much information" . tell you what, pick the best and most relevant information, put it into your own words, so that we know you at least comprehend the information, and let someone refute that, instead of just posting something's someone else is claiming without evidence?